It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Alert in MSM

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The answer to all your questions is yes.

*But the answer came from a Magic 8 Ball, so use your own discretion*

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

Yep. DON'T eat fish/seafood. Stick to the celery (unless it was grown on the west coast, then skip that too). And, if the tomatoes from the tomato juice came from there, skip that too and stick with just beer. Oh, but wait... where did the ingredients for the beer come from???

edit on 5-8-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yah! We found another way to pollute our planet! Awesome.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Amerika F-yah!

You summed up the mentality of the average American well.

We are doomed if we do not change our ways.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
amazing that the Japanese people don't demand that the execs of TEPCO be imprisioned..."sorry" doesn't cut it....every exec should immediately have their pay cut down to the level of being able to pay their monthly household bills...all other pay, company profits, should all be funneled into solving this problem....TEPCO should have government agents and experts inside managing their day to day operations. the Japanese government should have their "all hands on deck" solving this problem, along with western countries helping. the domino effect of contaminated seafood to this worlds food system is massive....birds eat fish, fish are ground up for feed, fish are used in fertilizer cosmetics, medicines, mammals eat fish etc...this is a ticking time bomb....and there doesn't seems to be the urgency needed to stop it.

boy you are being kind, cutting the pay of the executives.

how about something a little more just. strip the tepco executives of ALL their WEALTH and ASSETS, ALONG WITH those in the GOVERNMENT, MEDIA, and anyone else involved with the "cover-up"/mishandling of the situation, (including those outside of Japan), not to mention all the wealth and assets belonging to the company tepco and any subsidiary/controlling companies, (thus disbanding the company), using that money to help fund dealing with the problem. THEN ship those SAME PEOPLE to the "site" to act as grunt LABOR for dealing with it, no need to waste money on radiation suits or anything for them, i think shorts t-shirts and sandals would be protection enough for them.

it should not be JUST Japan having a "all hands on deck" to deal with it, but "all hands on deck" WORLD WIDE, to try to deal with this situation, with the bulk of Japaneses industry turned towards dealing with it as well.

ALL Japan's nuclear reactors should be IMMEDIATELY DECOMMISSIONED and disassembled.as well as every other nuclear reactor being checked for safety and any likely to be affected by natural disasters like FAULT LINE/earthquake zones, volcanoes, flood areas, coast lines, tornado prone areas or any other area where a reactor is likely to face hazard of destruction/damage, be immediately decommissioned and disassembled.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinder

I have been following the Fukushima situation from the start. It was bad from the word go but now it is getting to the point of no return. TEPCO has been spending it`s time putting band aid after band aid on Fukushima NPP hoping the problem would just go away magically.

Well, the problem is not going away and the company has lost control of the situation which was fragile at best. They failed to find the source of the radioactive water leak and now the leak has gotten so bad that I am unsure if anyone can stop it.

People can say what they want about the USSR`s liquidators but they got the job done. Whenever there is a massive nuclear power plant meltdown people are going to get sick and die from radioactive material floating in the air and sea.

Japan is just going to have to admit that only extreme measures is going to get Fukushima under control. A Japanese version of the liquidators is going to be needed soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I Have A Question? Whatever happened to The Fukishima Fifty? Remember the first people to go into the plant to try and get pumps etc. turned back on? How have those people fared? As I remember they went in without Radiation Suits and with Plastic Bags over their shoes, as Tepco didn't even have adequate Safety Equipment on hand.
Has anyone heard anything about them? I Was Just wondering about those people. Have any of them died or been incapacitated by their Heroic Efforts to try and stop this Disaster. I could see a Movie in the future coming out about these Brave People and the efforts they made to at least try and stop this.

Peace
SF

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
To make things worse, look at what happened there yesterday, link
A 5.9mag EQ right by Fukushima. Look at the map for yourselves.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Lets face it folks, its real bad all the way around.
The poison has entered the food chain/ocean system.
I would say that most of you here figured that would happen on day 1.

I am concerned about the Albacore Tuna and Migrating Salmon, Crab,etc.
more so than the Blue Fin Tuna.

As the prior is canned and shipped. The latter is an expensive delicacy coveted locally
in Japan.
I'll stick to Cape Cod Blue Fin Tuna for now.

I really want my Mr. Fusion more than ever now.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So this is why my local supermarket has recently started to sell tuna in large (and quite cheap) portions... Which deemed quite unusual to me..

THANK YOU, big market! I should buy a Geiger counter.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
life imitating art.. GODZILLA for real, coming soon. personally i think they did it on purpose so they could plan a reissue box set anniversary edition release of a promotional ploy for the new move due out soon.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The plants melted down the same weekend the quake hit.

Melt-

d
o
w
n

and out the bottom of containment. They have been pouring water on the leftovers since then. If the cores are below containment then the water they have been pouring on them is going out the bottom too. There is no "recirculating" closed loop apparatus for the open reactor core vessels.

And the whole plant complex is right on the ocean. They designed it this way in case of worst case scenario. Which will never happen. They have always known this. Admitting it now is a kind of excuse.... "Oh my sushi, we had no idea it was this bad."

I was going to show some steam emissions but the video is recently pulled...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Hey don't worry.

Here's your diner.

They've covered any contingency.
What could possibly go wrong?
lol

I don't think lol is the appropriate response. Do you honestly fins this funny? You are aware of the implications of a full blown release from the reactor are you not? Not time for lols be they sarcastic or not.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
We've been destroying this planet at an accelerating rate for centuries now and hopefully my generation and the ones to follow can get the ball rolling to revive this planet. Unfortunately those with most of the money are too greedy and only willing to invest money that will only make them wealthier at the expense of our dying planet.

The planet isn't dying! The planet is doing fine! It's beeen here for 4 and a half billion years. Been trough all kinds of things worse than us. Earthquakes, Solar Flares, Reversal of magnetic poles, recurring ice ages, Volcanos, asteroids, movement of tectonic plates and you think some radiation is going to make a difference. The planet isn't going anywhere! WE ARE! We're going away. Pack your # folks... We're going away...

Gotta love Carlin.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

hello Finder....

as long as the share holders keep making profits....nothing else matters....

look at the gulf of Mexico....mega f/up but the share holders were ok,,,,bp share holders did not suffer.....

will tempco share holders pay the clean-up costs....of course not...

it's ok....the people of Japan and else-where will pay.....

as long as the share holders are ok.....

Gee... Mum and Dad ....thanks.......

I'm going to have to invest in another company to wipe your butt.......thanks...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I am always and continually amazed by how events like these - obvious, ongoing disasters that the facts reported in the very media claiming that it's only now "officially" an "emergency" make quite clear - get willfully ignored by the public, downplayed by industry, and minimized in mindshare.

Then all of a sudden, as if by total surprise, they're declared "emergencies." It really frustrates and boggles the mind. That said, focusing on the productive end of the spectrum, I will say that it's better late than never. Now that it's being acknowledged, perhaps the slow turning gears of technology and industry can begin turning toward a practical solution rather than denial.

One can only hope.

Peace.
edit on 8/6/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
hmmm Ok boys and girls can we all say population control..

the economy is dying the planet is dying intelligence is dying and now the humans will die.

We are all to blame breathe deeply and reap the harvest of our own complacency.

In the immortal words of Billy

edit on 6-8-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

"All big tuna caught in the North Pacific tests positive for Fukishima radiation but you won't find that in MSM and that meat is still going to the market. We will be dealing with the aftermath of Fukishima for generations. "

Please tell us all exactly how you know this about the tuna. Who is taking these measurements? How do you know they are doing so? Where can the rest of us see the proof?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There are a lot of people who should be in jail over this, but this is the way that our corrupt global civilization works.

Kill one person? Off to jail you go.

Kill millions? A job well done!

This world is beautiful, but our race known as humanity is polluted with sick, twisted individuals.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

Originally posted by grey580
Hey don't worry.

Here's your diner.

They've covered any contingency.
What could possibly go wrong?
lol

I don't think lol is the appropriate response. Do you honestly fins this funny? You are aware of the implications of a full blown release from the reactor are you not? Not time for lols be they sarcastic or not.

Some people use lols as a defense mechanism. Take it easy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join