It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to innocent mom: "Give us all your money or we'll take your children away!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The police state has been building up over the last thirty years. It seems that this is where all the increases in sales taxes have gone.

People talk about the fed gov being bad, but the state and local governments are far worse.

The war on drugs has been used to completely strip away our rights, not to mention traffic laws.

It is horrible how bad things have gotten to be.

Why do we have the world's largest prison population?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What also concerns me is a very ominous warning hidden between the lines- poor areas like Texas rely on blatant mugging like this to make ends meet, and the article specifically mentioned Detroit is beginning to crack down on people over absurdly ridiculous infringements like "illegal after hours speak-easies" in order to sieze their assets.

It would appear in the years to come, as governments become increasingly financially insolvent (cough cough California cough) they will turn to such excessive enforcement of the law to help balance their budgets. A handful of people who are above the law can help themselves to your house and money simply because they're accusing you of being a drug dealer or someone who aids drug dealers, with little to no legal representation to protect you.

Now swap DRUG DEALER with JEW, and you'll notice the sentence still makes disturbing sense.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

I have a friend who had this done to him. He is a horse dealer. Was pulled over with a pickup pulling a trailer full of horses and $100k. The placard on the side said "Horse Trader."

They took all his money.

It took a lawyer a year to get it back. The lawyer "earned" more than half of it.

Don't forget the lawyers. None of the drama would be possible without their fine acting skills.

Was your friend not able to sue for attorney fees?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, knowing now that the NSA shares info with the DEA, now we know why these people were pulled over. It was likely found via phone call that these people were carrying large sums of money. The government is using our phone calls to rob us!

Now if you remember how this works, according to the flow chart, the people are not made aware of how they were targeted in the first place (via phone surveillance). Instead, they get pulled over for something stupid.

See how this all ties in nice and neat?

Remembr the old advice of not telling folks that you are going away on vacation? Well, now we can't say any such thing on the phone now either. Or even in a private FaceBook chat. Are you taking a large sum of cash out of the bank? Then definately don't mention it...
edit on 5-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by tovenar

I have a friend who had this done to him. He is a horse dealer. Was pulled over with a pickup pulling a trailer full of horses and $100k. The placard on the side said "Horse Trader."

They took all his money.

It took a lawyer a year to get it back. The lawyer "earned" more than half of it.

Don't forget the lawyers. None of the drama would be possible without their fine acting skills.

Was your friend not able to sue for attorney fees?

Nope, the cops didn't do anything wrong. They had every legal right to hold onto it; and that western state's law doesn't specify how soon they have to return it. Since they can claim 'the case is on-going."
edit on 5-8-2013 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

ALL MONEY HAS DRUG MOLECULES ON IT!!!!! If this ever happens to you, tell the police to pull their own money out of their wallets and let the drug dogs have at it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

The middle class and poor are targeted because there is little risk of blowback.

Think about what I am going to ask you, look back through your memory. When have you ever seen a new expensive very high line luxury car pulled over? Personally I never have.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Civil Asset Forfeiture when abused by LE (little or no probable cause, no judicial due process, obvious conflicts of interest, no criminal arrest, etc) is "highway robbery" (quite appropos when done on the highway) under the "color of law". Despite its original intent it is a serious violation of the Constitution and Common Sense. When did a piece of property even have criminal intent to break the law? Ridiculous....even to the point of taking some grandmother's house b/c her grandson sold drugs in it w/out her knowledge (when she owned it free and clear before the kid was born!) If they cant limit it to being used to prevent notorious drug dealers from liquidating property before a trial then it should be stopped by Congressional order to prevent property from being taken from innocent citizens. No more "unreasonable searches and seizures" or confiscation of "property without due process of law."
edit on 5-8-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by GoodOlDave

The middle class and poor are targeted because there is little risk of blowback.

Think about what I am going to ask you, look back through your memory. When have you ever seen a new expensive very high line luxury car pulled over? Personally I never have.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask that, since I live in Conencticut and the only ones who can afford high line luxury cars here are retirees. As a rule it seems elderly people don't like to drive over 40 MPH. It's as if they think the police will pull them over and give them a rebate for driving five miles below the speed limit.

I never thought I'd say this, but there it is- it is extremely dangerous for anyone to carry large sums of cash like this these days...NOT because you might be robbed by criminals, but becuase of the greater chance of your being robbed by the police.
edit on 6-8-2013 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

I have to believe that LEOs are not there primarily for protection and assistance, but revenue collection. They are, for the most part predators, not protectors. Their job seems to be make reports after the fact, issue tickets, and bust who ever they can for traffic violations.

Everyone is a potential criminal these days and if they aren't, then it is easy enough to make it seem that way and the burden of proof is on the suspect that has been set up to get run through the system for profit. Even if you hire a lawyer and get off the charges, you have already contributed to the system.

You know what's interesting is that the other day I found a used hypodermic needle in the parking lot of my workplace (my town has officially gone ghetto now) so not wanting some child to be picking it up and jabbing himself with a boatload of AIDS I called the police to tell them there was hazardous material in a public place. When the cop showed up, instead of investigating where the hypodermic needle came from, he spend most of the time investigating ME- asking for my ID, calling it in, verifying whether or not I had any outstanding warrants, collecting as much information on me as possible, and all that. It was clear the cop was trying to link the dirty hypodermic needle to me.

If I had reported this in that town in Texas I can' help but wonder whether that cop would have siezed my truck merely on the "suspicion" the hypodermic needle was mine.

<< 1   >>

join