It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens...Sumerian Flying Wing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Why not? Because, like I said, the ISON image was the result of mutliple long exposure shots and a change in camera perspective, so I know it is not a flying wing, and I don't have to entertain the notion that ISON is an ancient Summerian Wing, no matter how tempting it might be in this case.
edit on 20-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by Philippines

The tradition that comes to mind is that of the Thunderbird of North America...

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

reply to post by roncoallstar

I think the translations are fine and very difficult to explain. When one thinks about it if people of that era had seen flying craft flying around causing massive explosion the only terms of reference they could equate it with would be aspects of storm, thunder, lightning causing fire, extremities of air disturbance, however those phenomena don't occur together in such extreme nature.

A meteorite explosion might be another limited explanation, except they don't generally fly around gathering intelligence and they certainly don't round up prisoners

reply to post by GargIndia

Yes worth keeping in mind that whatever they saw their only frame of referance was from the natural world, thus something that flew like an eagle but struck with the ferocity of a lion becomes a Eagle-Lion, necessitating deeper enquiry because such creatures don't exist.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

A volcano would match all those - as lightning and fire do go with volcanoes. But they would have felt earthquakes beforehand. If that were the case, the legends would have mentioned the ground trembling, shaking and rumbling sounds heard beforehand.

Therefore, the only other explanation would be a meteorite impact. If it had been a low-angle shot, the authors would have mentioned seeing a white flame that cut the sky in half or a smoke trail. Though a meteorite coming straight would not be seen until the heat-flash, shockwave, shrapnel rain and tsunami were experienced.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

and I don't have to entertain the notion that ISON is an ancient Summerian Wing, no matter how tempting it might be in this case.

Going with temptation once in a while would be good for you i think.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Very nice thread... It does remind me of the ancient aliens episode where they made the models and it flew. Sorry for my memory I can't remember the name of the artifact but it is very famous so I am sure everyone knows what I am thinking of. Very interesting stuff, good job.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

The use of aircraft by Lanka's forces is very explicitly described in Ramayan.

Even Hanuman used a small airplane to cross the sea and reach Lanka. He used the same airplane to fetch herbs for a wounded Laxman.

I am not surprised if ancient people saw airplanes. Some races may have the technology. The technology was not widespread then, like it is now. The technology was highly restricted and controlled by kings.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by stormcell

The use of aircraft by Lanka's forces is very explicitly described in Ramayan.

Even Hanuman used a small airplane to cross the sea and reach Lanka. He used the same airplane to fetch herbs for a wounded Laxman.

I am not surprised if ancient people saw airplanes. Some races may have the technology. The technology was not widespread then, like it is now. The technology was highly restricted and controlled by kings.

And all across Arabia, there are blocked caves that will open if you simply say "Open Sesame."

Harte

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There are two ways of flying -

1. Use atmospheric air for lift

2. Counter gravity using reaction engines (gas rocket, particle beam) or electrostatic phenomenon.

An alien craft may be in the shape of flying wing to make use of (1) as it uses much less energy than (2), when flying through earth's atmosphere.

The Universe is far too old as proven by human's own discovery. It is baseless to think that humans appeared suddenly on this earth or suddenly became possessed with technology.

More logical explanation is the cyclical nature of human progress where troughs are dictated by wars and natural disasters.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Nowadays I only go for the real mysteries.

If you feel that you have some cosmic wisdom or anything else interesting you want to share with me I'm very open to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by Philippines

The tradition that comes to mind is that of the Thunderbird of North America...

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

reply to post by roncoallstar

I think the translations are fine and very difficult to explain. When one thinks about it if people of that era had seen flying craft flying around causing massive explosion the only terms of reference they could equate it with would be aspects of storm, thunder, lightning causing fire, extremities of air disturbance, however those phenomena don't occur together in such extreme nature.

A meteorite explosion might be another limited explanation, except they don't generally fly around gathering intelligence and they certainly don't round up prisoners

reply to post by GargIndia

Yes worth keeping in mind that whatever they saw their only frame of referance was from the natural world, thus something that flew like an eagle but struck with the ferocity of a lion becomes a Eagle-Lion, necessitating deeper enquiry because such creatures don't exist.

A volcano would match all those - as lightning and fire do go with volcanoes. But they would have felt earthquakes beforehand. If that were the case, the legends would have mentioned the ground trembling, shaking and rumbling sounds heard beforehand.

Therefore, the only other explanation would be a meteorite impact. If it had been a low-angle shot, the authors would have mentioned seeing a white flame that cut the sky in half or a smoke trail. Though a meteorite coming straight would not be seen until the heat-flash, shockwave, shrapnel rain and tsunami were experienced.

nope. Not Volcanos. More a thousand asteroids or the Lion interstellar death beam as hot as the surface as the sun.

Try explaining this. Along with the alien wars. And you will suddenly see. Its Neive to think that This was caused by human repeat destruction.

It would of been a human head... No one just symbolizes animals for no reason, but apparently A LOT of you think they do.

I call BS on that.

People should do a lot of their research on google images.
Iv left plenty of clues here and there. Its just so much to read i don't bother quoting the rediculous pool of information.

edit on 21-8-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join