It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens...Sumerian Flying Wing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I see bats, birds, moths and butterflies.

If only I had an imagination!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Looks like some of them are depicting the triangle ufo`s seen all over the World still to this day .

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

S&F for an excellent thread. Very interesting text as well.

Of course, with me you're preaching to the choir. I believe the ancients had the power of flight, powerful weapons of mass destruction (among other "modern" technologies), as well as technologies and knowledge that were lost long ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hmm lol. ships in this video look similar.

Very interesting post i enjoyed it very much.

All those artifacts. Very nice to look at. Summaria is a ruin of many former worpshiped gods idols and such.

Things left of the passed to carry on some sort of memory.

Thanks for contributing, Plenty to research into this feild

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You can see 'UFO's'' floating in the toilet bowel after eating an Indian vindaloo if you really want to.

Just sayin'...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Very nicely done! It is always interesting to watch how skepticism attempts to disprove rather than investigate or entertain the possibility that something may be true. I believe that much of the past has been lost but that careful consideration of our history is essential for our understanding. Considering possibilities is a legitimate endeavor.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Interesting that our Navy and Northrop Grumman have teamed-up to build one:

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 7-8-2013 by Granite because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2013 by Granite because: added pics

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have been doing EVP reverse speaking on myself ..... and what I found was shocking!!!
I ask " who am I" ... "what am i" ... in the reverse it says Enlil
The reverse states that I am enlil or host of Enlil ..

what do you think??.....

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
The weapon was anthropomorphised into the Lion-Eagle at an early period, but when represented simply as a flying wing geometric form has the most intriguing correlations to our present, in which once more the Anzu soar across the skies of the Near East, dispensing death from on high.

If you're comparing the Anzu to the flying disk iconography, I think you're reaching way too far.

These two things are not related, as far as anyone knows.

Harte

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I think confusion arose over the Anzu being seen as a power that could be held within the hand, as can be seen illustrated, normally that would be a power held within the hand of Enlil through which he asserted his authority, but it was entirely metaphorical, and no different than say stating an American President holds the striking power of the USAF within his hand in order to enforce American policy.

Of course a striking power held within the hand given the period will soon readily be conflated with a mace, and there seems to have developed in tandem the tradition of the Cosmic Super Mace held within the hand of Deities, in Sumeria Ninurta generally, but also Inanna, all the flying aspects of such trace back to the Anzu and Imdugud birds/demons.

The same is seen in Tibet, were the tradition of the Khyung is seen in tandem with the hand held Dorje, the hand held aspect over time becomes the more common and readily understood, as was evidenced in the Sumerian hand held discharger of cosmic power becoming a common motif during the Classical period over a very wide spread area, these days pretty much reduced to the Devils pitchfork.

reply to post by AuranVector

Thanks, yes i would never credit such potential technology to the ancients, but as mysterious agents of a greater system of Heavenly enforcement, who knows...

edit on 8-8-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Picture 3, looks like the Space Shuttle, engines in tail.
Picture 4, looks like a jet, bottom and side view.
Picture 5, top left looks like a F18 & top right looks like Propeller Plane.
Picture 7, looks like the B2 bomber.
edit on 8-8-2013 by racebyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i remember another ancient aliens episode where they mentioned something about flying shields descending from the sky

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I remember as if it was yesterday when this big triangle flying machine would come down to earth, and fly real silent as if it was God or something. ‘Those were the days’.

Every race around the globe would try to mimic what it saw,and those pictures are just that.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I think confusion arose over the Anzu being seen as a power that could be held within the hand, as can be seen illustrated, normally that would be a power held within the hand of Enlil through which he asserted his authority, but it was entirely metaphorical, and no different than say stating an American President holds the striking power of the USAF within his hand in order to enforce American policy.

Of course a striking power held within the hand given the period will soon readily be conflated with a mace, and there seems to have developed in tandem the tradition of the Cosmic Super Mace held within the hand of Deities, in Sumeria Ninurta generally, but also Inanna, all the flying aspects of such trace back to the Anzu and Imdugud birds/demons.

The same is seen in Tibet, were the tradition of the Khyung is seen in tandem with the hand held Dorje, the hand held aspect over time becomes the more common and readily understood, as was evidenced in the Sumerian hand held discharger of cosmic power becoming a common motif during the Classical period over a very wide spread area, these days pretty much reduced to the Devils pitchfork.

Great explanation of the symbolic metaphor

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It may be interesting to look at a few beads from Sumeria, which are representing the Anzu or mdugud-bird. Some are of Lapis Lazuli, the colour of the sky the natural habitat of the Anzu, others of Agate.

I shall intersperse these with quotes regarding the flood-storm weapon of Sumeria, as the Anzu was of such nature, and served Enlil, Lord of the Air and Heavens.

Seemingly the Anzu just a bird of mythology, however the texts and more abstract forms it can be represented in suggest otherwise;

(The building of Ninĝirsu's temple, ETCSL t.2.1.7)
101-109 "In the dream there was someone who was as enormous as the heavens, who was as enormous as the earth. His head was like that of a god, his wings were like those of the Anzud bird, his lower body was like a flood storm. Lions were lying at his right and his left. He spoke to me about building his house, but I could not understand what he exactly meant, then daylight rose for me on the horizon."

Anzud describes himself in this way: "I am the prince who decides the destiny of rolling rivers. I keep on the straight and narrow path the righteous who follow Enlil's counsel."

No-resisting-this-storm, a falcon against the foreign lands whose wing bears the deluge of battle'

In his heart he beamed at his lion-headed weapon, as it flew up like a bird, trampling the mountains for him. It raised itself on its wings to take away prisoner the disobedient, it spun around the horizon of heaven to find out what was happening

The Sharur, that which brings forth light like the day. The perfect weapon which consumes the rebellious land like fire. Obliterator-of-the-mountains, the maintainer of the people in heaven and earth. The tireless one who never sleeps. No-resisting-this-storm, a falcon against the foreign lands whose wing bears the deluge of battle. The right arm of Lagash whose awesome radiance covers the Land."

In his heart he beamed at his lion-headed weapon, as it flew up like a bird, trampling the mountains for him. It raised itself on its wings to take away prisoner the disobedient, it spun around the horizon of heaven to find out what was happening. Someone from afar came to meet it, brought news for the tireless one, the one who never rests, whose wings bear the deluge, the Šar-ur. What did it gather there …… for Lord Ninurta? It reported the deliberations of the mountains, it explained their intentions to Lord Ninurta, it outlined (?) what people were saying about the Asag

He Šar-ur made the storm-wind rise to heaven, scattering the people; like …… it tore. Its spittle alone destroyed the townspeople. The destructive mace set fire to the mountains, the murderous weapon smashed skulls with its painful teeth, the club which tears out entrails piled up noses.

The tree grew big, its trunk bore no foliage,In its roots the snake who knows no charm set up its nest,In its crown the Imdugud-bird placed its young,In its midst the maid Lilith built her house --The always laughing, always rejoicing maid

,The maid Inanna -- how she weeps!

www.vajragallery.com...

Bead Collectors

There are also some 'fly-shaped' pendants from Akkadian Tell Brak i can throw in for good measure;

www.ethesis.net...

I've looked at these things before, but the beads were a nice find, with regards to the Sumerians i'd previously considered the Sarur here;

Sumerian Flood Storm Weapon

But also the tradition extended beyond Sumeria, Tibet in particular having the Khyung, the flying eagle/man/demon.

Stargates of Tibet

Cosmic Super weapon
edit on 5-8-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

Wow that thread is wonderful, how did i miss it!
Thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The plural thunderbirds (as the Kwakwaka'wakw and Cowichan tribes believed) could shapeshift into human form by tilting back their beaks like a mask, and by removing their feathers as if it were a feather-covered blanket.

This picture looks like a man who has his hands and toes dug in perhaps controlling a personal flying device ,the head inserted under a helm the face would be open on the other side to look down. I notice a lot of the others you show seem to have a man with head under a helmet type thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm dissapointed that noone has made the link to ISON yet.

ISON is obviously the ancient Summerian Wing and it's coming back.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
I'm dissapointed that noone has made the link to ISON yet.

ISON is obviously the ancient Summerian Wing and it's coming back.

Yes the OP did post in that thread and I also did, very interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You know that was tongue in cheek right? The shape of the ISON image is merely due to a change in camera perspective and long exposure shots. It does make you wonder though when you have seen those images, it is just too tempting.

I do believe in the ancient alien stuff, pretty much.
edit on 19-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You know that was tongue in cheek right?
reply to post by NeoParadigm

No I didn't, it seems a fitting idea to me and if you truly do at least consider the possibility of ancient aliens, you must have noticed they refer to returning...so why not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join