It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since everyone understands that everything you post can be identified by the NSA, will you still say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don’t say everything I think about all matters discussed on ATS because I self-sensor (as we all do throughout our lives). If I said everything I truly think about every subject I participate in I would certainly be banned from ATS for life.
reply to post by seabag

You're not alone. My tongue is sore from biting it.
edit on 5-8-2013 by ProfEmeritus because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The N.S.A can kiss my rusty sheriffs badge! LoL

Since i'm here in the U.K I imagine its more G.C.H.Q I should be worried about!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am sick at heart at what has happened to the spirit of America. We once wore our freedoms in bold colors with the volume turned up loud and strong. We felt safe in doing so, confident that our freedoms were wrapped in the glory of our sacred Constitution.
reply to post by queenofswords

You're not alone. What really concerns me is how easily the populace has given in. I think that those of us on ATS are a special breed, that are not afraid to speak out. Although I have no use for either party, people at least could have written in someone, or voted for someone like Ron or Rand Paul. In a way, America got exactly what it asked for, voting Bush into a second term, and voting Obama into a second term. Both of them supported and re-uped the Patriot Act, and Obama signed into law the NDAA, continues wars of aggression, as Bush did, and supports all the Nazi-style tactics that are being used on American citizens.
When will people learn that evil comes in a pretty package, makes many promises, none of which are kept, and is ruthless in suppressing freedom?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I am white and have no criminal record. I'm not too worried.
reply to post by jessejamesxx

That means nothing to this administration. If you oppose them in any way, you're a target. Ask people being audited by the IRS, whose sole "crime" was being tea party supporters.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

People like you and me and the rest who speak their minds will most probably end up in one of uncle sammy's blue sky spa facilities in cuba or where ever
reply to post by Pressurecoocker

There is a simple way to avoid it. Don't give in, or go quietly into the night.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

camera software trying to load and it did this for couple of days.
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

A piece of duct tape stops that. I have one over my cam..

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Even though I knew it,, I still feel betrayed.

Maybe it is just me. It all makes me feel like their is no hope, no respect, no boundries...

It is so personal. I mean, I do not even snoop on my husband. I do not try to see what my teen talks about to friends online....

I try so hard to learn things, to know things, and they....it seems liketo me, they just cheat. It is too much power. Itmakes mefeel small, like a bug.

I guess it is just me. I have strong negative feelings, it scares me.

link   

You know, there are a couple of levels to what you are talking about. One is the expression of opinions. The second is investigation of matters best left unspoken. That is where things get weird.
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hi, Johnny. Good to see you again. Haven't seen much of you lately. Anyway, you're right; there are two different issues and you hit on both. Good point.

link   
What just because it has been confirmed now I am supposed to be concerned of what I say?

I have always assumed the NSA was watching in the first place.

Nah no change here.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well, I think that everyone should at least double what the say online, that will make it nearly impossible to sift through to find relevant information, enforce anything, or appear ethical while doing so.
reply to post by darkbake

I believe that just the sheer volume of what they are recording is virtually impossible to make any sense of. That is why I believe that PRISM is NOT to catch terrorists but to use the information that they process on political enemies, for purposes of either blackmail, or to take them out of "circulation" is the REAL intent of the system. There is no way that this information will be used to PREVENT terrorism. First of all, the sheer volume makes that impossible; second, the terrorists such as Al Qaeda are not stupid, they are not communication on an open system; third, they had the information on the supposed 9/11 terrorists, a women in the FBI even told her superiors about some foreign nationals that were taking flight lessons, and ONLY WANTED to learn to steer the plane, not land it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well...to me it is like "God" or aliens.

Like I always thought or believed in their existence, but now...

Now i know they are real and i do not think they respect my being or personhood much.

Now all i can think of is what i KNOW they do to cows... and I am no better than a cow.

And i cannot think how to fight that level of knowledge.
edit on 5-8-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My Uncle and I were talking on Facebook through the inbox what our "SHTF" plan was and he started telling me where he planned to go and I was like uhhh..you can't do that! Now they know if someone is reading this. I have multiple plans and most are places I've never been to just so I wont be found. I am afraid but it doesn't stop me from posting things.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I didn't bother to read the thread at all...just the title....and I have the reply to what the question might have been....it got cut-off in the forum roster. Cut off at say......Yes, I will still say....

edit on 5-8-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

edit on 5-8-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
common sense tells us.. the lack of quality posts.. the constant barrage of copy/paste threads seconds after they appear on goggle news that everyone who has any knowledge about anything has long been gone.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

common sense tells us.. the lack of quality posts.. the constant barrage of copy/paste threads seconds after they appear on goggle news that everyone who has any knowledge about anything has long been gone.
reply to post by n3mesis

There are still quality threads. You just have to look for them. Yes, there are threads that lack quality, but would you rather have censorship, where the mods decide whether a thread has "quality"? There are pearls among the grains of sand here.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
warning: language

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
they can all get stuffed .. will continue to say what I want when I want .. and a two-finger salute to the lot of oppressive bastards that think they can control everyone and listen in on what everyone says .. never have liked busybodies ...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I ain't worried they already know me. (That crazy Navy guy haha ha haha )

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I still say what I think.

I just watch what I Google.

Learned that a few years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join