It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face to Face with a hoarder...Or hoarders...trying not to spew on the floor.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I had a very hurtful and nasty e-mail from these folks Satureday. The home will be inspected today. I sent a return e-mail letting them know I had an obligation to report and unsafe living condition or dangerous living condition. Let them know the subfloor was my main concern , the one in the kitchen could possibly collapse. " No I'm an a--hole who needs to mind his own business" That was one line of the e-mail.

Was pretty much threatened in the e-mail. Told I was gonna be sued, and sued agian. So in response, I told them they need to save up that money for repairs or a new place to live ,because the county getting ready to condem your house. Or the county will give you 30 days in which to perfect the repairs ( with licensed contractors & inspections) or they will padlock the home and place a condemed sign on the door.

I told them. do not call me for any repairs. Do not e-mail me, and if you lay another threat at my feet , I will pursue having you charged and take you to court. That no further contact between us is what needs to happen. I want apologise any damn more. If and when their nasty house is repaired or condemed. I at this point could care less. I did what I did, I fel\t bad. I made a decision and carried thru with it and I feel ok with my actions. Want to thank my ATS community for all the advice. Hope none of you ever have to deal with a situation like this. I will try to let you all know what happens. Whether it's cleaned up or condemed. At this point , it's over for me. Thanks All.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

You may have just helped them out in more ways than you understand.

To bad it had to turn nasty, but sometimes, that is the only way to get help.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I understand I probally hurt my business, but I can sleep at night knowing I did all I could do. Never wanted this to take the nasty turn, but I was expecting it, so it did'nt catch me offguard. As I said earlier, I will try and keep the thread up to date on the outcome. My friend Tim told me he would let me know how it goes today. I may have to be more involved than I expected according to Tim's wife. I sure as hell hope not. Have agreat day all. Lets go make some money!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just an update. The house was comdemed due to rotted substructure & mold problem. I understand they have 30 days from the 14th to have repairs complete by licensed contractors or the house is padlocked . I will not be one of the contractors. Mold has to be removed first, then the repairs. One of you said this may have been a call for help, my wife agrees with that >I'm starting to think that as well. I was sent a apology from the owners, very respectfull in their e-mail. They said they understand I was just doing what I had too. We will see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join