It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you spend you days if you were Immortal?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Once I discovered I am immortal, I would first wonder why I have been given this opportunity. Then, I would think about everyone I would outlive. A sad prediciment.

I would surely travel the world, spending time learning more about life on Earth, and its physical and spiritual mysteries.

After a while... No telling how long... Perhaps 300 years... I would yearn for physical death.

I have thought about this topic before. I do not want to live forever in my current 3D-constrained physical self. It is amazing to reflect upon my youth, teen years, 20s, 30s, and now 40s, and see how much I have learned. I presume I have a lot more to experience in the future. My death will be the final movement, and I am not the least bit worried about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
How would you spend you days if you were Immortal in your physical body?

Where would you go?, what would you do?

How would you view people?. Would you care or not about the human conditions, of suffering , war and economic disrepute.

What would you be thinking about?

I think if i was immortal i would get bored. There is only so much i could do before i had done everything i wanted to. Sure i could keep re-inventing things in new ways but it would be inevitble i would get used to everything at some point being physical and limited to that type of existance.
I think at first i would set out to make the world a better place for everyone but no doubt at some point i would then do the opposite, you know with getting bored of eternity and all. I am just being honest about immortality in the physical body even if it sounds a little harsh.

I would visit everywhere and see as much variation as i could, all the wonders and all the culters. After that, maybe taking a few hundred years i would then fullfill every desire i could think of whilst still remaining within the boundaries of mans law. Last thing i would want is immortality in confinement right

I do not think i would care for anyone that is not immortal and all the suffering of wars economics and the general human condition would not faze me. I am thinking if i am immortal i have to accept losing things for eternity so i have not become attached to "phases" or conditions. I would probably view non immortal people as pets, something to be enjoyed and i doubt i would attach to them in such a way i would ever see them as equal. Mostly because of the reality they will move on and i will not.

I think most of the time i would be thinking about what i can do next or who i can help next to stop me thinking about the eternal need to be fullfilled.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Waiting in long lines at various amusement parks with a good paper back book.

How about being "next" to ride and keep telling people, "you go ahead, I have plenty of time".

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I would super glue myself to strangers and watch them freak out with a goober stuck to them.

For a million years... or until they stopped making super glue.

Then I'd have to use small animals rendered down into a paste which would be a lot harder to get right for the first few hundred years, I am sure.

Can you imagine however, what sort of looks you'd get, a few thousand years old and still looking at boobs.. you'd be a pervert staring at anything.

On second thought, bugger that... the more things change, the less things are said, and the more there is implied.

I hate that... Maybe sticking small flightless birds to my face.. ahh who knows, when do we start?

Fiend, you're priceless AND ageless. bumped most enthusiastically.
If you could characterize what 'type' are attracted to older men, the addage
of having a corner on the market would be almost meaningless... you, my
friend will be shatterin' the breeze through some mighty pricey polyester.

What would I do? Probably waste almost all of it lookin' for an honest one.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The psychology of an immortal is a VERY interesting subject to me.

I suspect that their minds would be similar to a childs in so much as a child has no notion of his mortality.

The quality of life mentally would be greater in the individual who does not look at his life as a countdown to death.

really mortal men are obsessed with death. Midlife crisis, last minute soul mate searching, last minute parenthood, or last minute youth......it is all a product of a mind gone insane by time water boardind the mind with drops of death every birthday and milestone in life.

Good observations.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I would bring world peace , end the world hunger , eliminate poverty , misery and disease

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well first if I could regenerate, I would jump from the higest places in the world without a parachute. Then I would visit every haunted house in america. Then I would learn every language, and then live in the wilderness for a few hundred years.

I would rob drug dealers too, then spend the cash on awesome stuff. Why work? Im immortal I dont need to eat!
I would then dive to the deepest parts of the ocean and let people know what was down there. I would then start to invent things, and have a huge house with a kick ass pool. I would travel the world as well. I would then help people, I would travel with my wealth and change peoples lives.

Yep thought about this alot actually..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If I was immortal I'd get drunk everyday and write novels.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would train in absolutely everything, degrees, doctorates, become a master in every martial art known to the world, then travel the would using my skills setting all wrongs to right kinda like a Ninja/Batman/Kane from Kung Fu.

edit on 7-8-2013 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Go ask the Scientologist. I would love to hear that. I would spend my time preparing for another round of falling in love and watching all I care about die off. Yea being immortal is great, not if your immortal all by your lonesome. Our lives are short yes indeed, but to have to endure year after year of Trayvon GZ, Cnn and the fake news, middle east issues, hunger, famine, threat of war, Israel, N.Korea, Monsanto, laws laws and more laws..... Hell yea I want to live forever. Dont you? The point is, you have but one life. What you make of it is all up to you. I would not want to be immortal.

Being invisable.....that's where it's at.
edit on 9-8-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would pretty much do like I do now, live each moment in the moment.
I'd also be soaking up as much information as I could about everything and prepare some sort of way to propel myself around the universe once planet earth gets destroyed.

Cause if you are going to live in a physical body forever, better start thinking about where to go once the solar system deteriorates into nothing.......

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

How would you spend you days if you were Immortal in your physical body?

I'd probably spend a lot of time crying and in grief.
I am looking forward to no longer being stuck in this human condition.
I am looking forward to 'moving on' and being out of this pain and suffering.
I am looking forward to learning the truths of the universe, and that can't happen in a human body.
So I'd probably be exceptionally depressed if I was told I'd be stuck like this forever.

Flyers

I watched a kid go through a windscreen a short while ago it wasn't pretty but it was blissfully quick

Every time I read one of your posts I want to just ................... I dunno,want take the pain away, show you more beauty,

Share a glass of good wine looking out over a breath taking view.
You, me, Mr flyers, Mrs C. and a few choice friends raising a glass to ........................ well............ friendship I guess ............and laughing together ................. . Just laughing

Just a thought

Cody

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I need time to think about it, and in about 1000 years I will come back here and click on your post and input a response. meantime I am in no rush to do anything quickly, it seems to me the longer it takes to do something the better, especially as I am now immortal.. but it sure would be good to study and try to find a cure for currently incurable diesese's.... I would def do the lottery every week, with so much time in front of me it must surely come up eventually,... oh to dream...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join