It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you spend you days if you were Immortal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would wander down nameless streets, and past nameless people doing nameless things.
I would watch the rise and fall or the sun and know I can last as long as the world lasts.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well, If I was immortal, I would try to just live a normal stress free simple life. If you started eating all the crap they say is safe and good for you, you would no longer be immortal, or life would seem very long because of constant sickness and a mind that wasn't perceiving things right.

In other words, I wouldn't change much at all. First thing I would do though is to build up a comfortable and safe nest egg so I wouldn't have to deal with other mortals on a regular basis. It would get very discouraging seeing people everywhere making the same mistakes, but a little different, than the generations before them.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would eat lots more bacon!!! Mmmm Nummy!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Reading all the books in the world

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I have thought about this for some time now.

If you had an almost infinite time to live , your notion of time would be different than other people's.

like when you know you have the whole day off and you wake up in the early morning. It seems like you can do almost an infinite number of things with your time. now if you have 5 hours until your day off ends......you are limited as to what you can do and the stress of that clock ticking away is constant. That mental process of classification for available time affects us more than we know.

Lets say you wanted to learn the piano and were 80 with a terminal disease. The way you learn would be different then if you were immortal.

The psychology of an immortal is a VERY interesting subject to me.

I suspect that their minds would be similar to a childs in so much as a child has no notion of his mortality.

The quality of life mentally would be greater in the individual who does not look at his life as a countdown to death.

really mortal men are obsessed with death. Midlife crisis, last minute soul mate searching, last minute parenthood, or last minute youth......it is all a product of a mind gone insane by time water boardind the mind with drops of death every birthday and milestone in life.

I find that it is best to not even know how old you are. I have only recently begun aging since I am turning 30 and I can't help but know how old I am. Usually I would have to really think about it. I look very young for my age. I am really healthy even though I do nothing to be this way.....ect. I know my mind is convinced its a teenager and I wonder how much my body listens to my mind....

If we only realized how to stay with the mind of a child and still fill it with knowledge we would be close to mental immortality.

Everything from taste to smell would be different if you had eternity. The way you approach any task would be different. You would have a different outlook on life and the universe if you were one of its constants .......

just imagine......

EDIT TO ADD:
There is a difference between growing and growing older......
edit on 5-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Then when they throw you in prison for interfering with their plans you would spend ETERNITY in a cell.....
That would suck...lol

Them: "You sir, will serve life in prison with NO possibility of parole"

You: ummmm, Uh-OH

I would probably be looking for ways to kill myself after awhile. humans ALWAYS want what they can't have...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would do everything I can to make life more positive and what not. Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you cannot suffer. Anything to counter that and do my best to enjoy life.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Great!! Just what I want, taxes that go on forever!!! No thank you.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A secret:

Except for a dirt nap, we are ALL immortal. Look for it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You wouldn't happen to be related to (or) this guy? dc.wikia.com... Nice try, but next time try changing your last name

The best response i seen in the thread is this :

Originally posted by andy06shake
Assuming you mean completely immortal I would spend my days destroying the TPTB and the rest of the corruption here on Earth!

I would also commit a large proportion of my time to researching free energy and FTL propulsion methods so we can all finally get off this planet. LoL

edit on 5-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'd get a degree in everything.

I guess i'd spend time visiting as much of the earth as possible, every continent, every country, every city I could. Just to make sure i've had my fill of earth.
I'd take my time and build a spaceship, I mean surely if i'm immortal then over time I can learn to do anything and everything.... and then i'd go explore the universe and all it's glory.....

What happens to an immortal who gets sucked into a blackhole?

It's weird this was something I fantasized over time and again growing up and now i'm like, ehh I really have no clue. Being immortal back in the early days of man up to now would have been better. Would have liked to have observed Vikings pillaging, Crusades, The Plague, The early American settlers, The dodo bird, a gun fight at the OK Corral, and on and on. But what's their to see now? Technology, and a bunch of robots who call themselves humans blah.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
reply to post by andy06shake

Then when they throw you in prison for interfering with their plans you would spend ETERNITY in a cell.....
That would suck...lol

Them: "You sir, will serve life in prison with NO possibility of parole"

You: ummmm, Uh-OH

I would probably be looking for ways to kill myself after awhile. humans ALWAYS want what they can't have...

But sometimes they get what they need, eh?

If I'm completely immortal i'm sure someone at sometime at some point in history would come along and free me just to see what I have to say for myself. I am rather interesting you know. LoL

That's if they manage to capture me at all since I would have had all the time in the world to learn everything about everything i'm sure I would have learned how not to get caught by mere mortals.

Who knows I may even had learned how to walk through walls or become invisible by then. Its not that far a stretch since I am after all immortal! LoL

edit on 5-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Reading and studying, traveling and exploring and wandering, acquiring lovers and friends but never allowing myself to love, creating and building and inventing, amassing wealth, experimenting with every thing and idea under the sun, making the world a better place, and probably slowly going insane.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I would wander down nameless streets, and past nameless people doing nameless things.
I would watch the rise and fall or the sun and know I can last as long as the world lasts.

That's the problem. When the sun goes supernova and destroys the earth, YOU still go on. BRRRR!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just live my life, and be bored lol
You can do everything only once you know lol

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"That's the problem. When the sun goes supernova and destroys the earth, YOU still go on. BRRRR!"

The answer to that ones obvious.........Let there be light!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
How would you spend you days if you were Immortal in your physical body?

I would act like a piece of basalt at the bottom of Lake Superior for 4 billion years or so..

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Are we talking Highlander immortal, or Captain Jack Harkness immortal?

You can still kill a Highlander if you cut off their head, Jack Harkness is a fixed point in time, so no matter what happens to him (blown to bits) his body will re-assemble, and he'd feel it all.

Hm, If I was immortal, Id spend my time looking for ways to become mortal.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

To be honest, I would spend my days terrified of the consequences of being immortal, and in all probability would go insane. Why? Because it is probably highly likely that: :

- You would spend an awfully long time watching people you care about die. Eventually, maybe you would even stop forming attachments and isolate yourself.
- Assuming that you can heal yourself no matter how bad an injury (otherwise you could just be blown up and die) then you would probably at some point experience the following, and probably more than once:

Decapitation.
Losing all your limbs.
Being squished into a paste.
Being schmooshed all over the ground after falling from a great height.
Burning to a crisp.
Vaporising.
Dissolving.
Being blown up.
Being shot/stabbed/hanged/generally being murderdeathkilled every way possible.
Being eaten alive (and consequently maybe even being pooped out).
Being diced.
Being sliced.
Being ground up.
Suffering the Death of a Thousand Pins™.
And, guaranteed, at some point you woudl be hit by a train/car/anvil/piano

- You would probably at some point be corrupted by your immortality and the suffering that brings, and start carrying out nefarious acts, because you can. Maybe you would become quite evil.
- If you choose the path above, you will most likely at some point be imprisoned and, as your captors know you are immortal, not be released until such time as the society that jailed you no longer existed or was no longer capable of maintaining your incarceration. Hundreds of years? A thousand? Who knows?
- If you chose a good path, and not an evil path, you would suffer a worse fate, I think - hailed as some sort of icon or miracle by a shedload of religious, broken-brained nutjobs out there. Ugh.
- You would at some point be buried alive, probably in an earthquake, and probably for a very, VERY long time.
- Maybe you would somehow be trapped underground long enough for the continental plate to be subducted (if you were unlucky enough to be trapped under the surface in a country that lies on a subduction plate) after which you would eventually be sucked down into the inner depths of the earth. As you cannot die, maybe you would be down there for millions if not billions of years. Ouch.
- At some point, if life on this planet develops the ability to travel to other worlds, you'll travel the galaxy. That's a plus, but at some point it is guaranteed that you would be stuck on a planet whose star goes supernova or goes red giant, swallows the planet, and then dies. Then you would either be blasted out into infinite space or absorbed into the star itself. And, if sucked into that seething morass of nuclear fusion, you could spend millions, if not billions, of years in there (it is estimated that it can take millions of years for a photon to work its way from the sun's inner regions to the emptiness of space). If you are really unlucky, the star may simply die and cool into a neutron star or pulsar, and if you are inside when that happens - well, then until the atoms that make up the dead star eventually break down and decay, you will be in there for billions or trillions of years.
- No matter what happens, it is 100% guaranteed that you will spend the majority of your time alone out in empty space. If the universe is fated to continue to expand or maintain stability and simply decay to nothing, and you are immortal, unkillable and therefore possess an infinite lifespan, the majority of your existence would be spent drifting between the stars. If either of those two scenarios happen, eventually all matter in the universe will decay to nothing, and space will be a truly empty void. And at some point you will find yourself no longer on a planet and in the void. And if it then stays that way for infinity, well, good luck with that. If the universe is fated to undergo a big crunch and evenutally collapse back to a singularity - well, I have no way to imagine that in my mind, but I can't imagine it would be good.

So, all in all, all things considered, being immortal would just suck, epically, And you couldn't even kill yourself to escape it.

Now, over to Bob for the latest weather.
edit on 5/8/2013 by dogsounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Probably dreading the inevitable pain that I would suffer when everyone dies and I'm burned alive by the growing intensity of the sun.

Sounds like hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join