It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shattering The Stigma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree with what you've said here Heff.

Only...does anyone else ever feel like sometimes, in some threads, "we" are actually reinforcing someone's delusions? And that it is neither healthy nor helpful to be doing so?

I remember one thread where I finally said something to the effect of "...okay, wow, this just went from discussion/debate to something else entirely...Please, other posters, before you all weigh in with "crazy calling", please show some kindness and empathy...OP, with all due respect, and coming from someone who has been there, I think that you need to talk to someone who loves/cares about you about this..."

It was a housewife who thought that not only were people following/surveilling her, and had been for quite some time, but she was logging peoples licence plate numbers and seeing patterns there, etc, etc...The thread was on another topic entirely, and then she just threw that in there in response to why she hadn't responded for a while...

Although...look at this site and the topics up for discussion...Who gets to decide what is "real" and what is "delusional"?! Certainly not I...But, I do stay away from threads like that and remember that "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all..."

<< 1   >>

join