It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little something out of Egypt...and America's support for the Muslim Brotherhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
www.jpost.com...

Well this is just great! Our Dictator was disposed and now he is mad...The new guys in power are also mad...When will America stop interfering in other countries affairs? Bet not in my life time..

An example of the vitriol in the country can be seen in a new video clip featuring a song by Egyptian performer Sama Elmasry. Titled “You Obama, Your Father, Mother,” it attacks the US president for allegedly preferring Islamic radicals over the army. It has gone viral, with over 160,000 views since last week.

“We really wonder: Where is the role of the United States and the European Union and all of the other international forces that are interested in the security, safety and well-being of Egypt?” Sisi asked. “Are the values of freedom and democracy exclusively exercised in your countries but other countries do not have the right to exercise the same values and enjoy the same environment? Have you seen the scores of millions of Egyptians calling for change in Tahrir [Square]? What is your response to that?” Asked if he had plans on running for president, the general responded: “You just can’t believe that there are people who don’t aspire for authority.”

There would have been a major bloody civil war in Egypt if the Military had not stepped in and stopped the Brotherhood from becoming so strong that nothing could have stopped them from destroying what small freedoms the Egyptian people had or dreamed of.....I am not Egyptian but from what I have read Morsi was one bad cookie unless you want a strong man dictator...Hope the Egyptian people finally get what they want...FREEDOM to elect their own people and run the country as they see fit; time will tell.....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Of course politics is not interested in the safety and wellbeing of egyptians or even the safety and wellbeing of the people in their own country, what matters is their own wellbeing and that of big boys who pay large sums for the campains during elections.

The people will never get to choose a human being who will serve the people and is committed to bring about peace and prosperity, they only get to choose the ones who endlessly talk about it and has been chosen as the puppet by the big boys for their gains.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Sisi went on to note that the US administration “has a lot of leverage and influence with the Muslim Brotherhood,” and that he would like Washington to use this leverage to end the current standoff with Morsi supporters.

The truth is, Washington does NOT have leverage and influence over the Muslim Brotherhood any longer and Morsi proved that by going against everything he said he was going to do.

In the meanwhile, the U.S. is helping and supplying the army (which is against Morsi) with everything they need to keep the Morsi supporters in check, even though some of these Egyptians don't realize it because Obama's not speaking about it.

If it appears as though Obama is trying to stay out of it, or is invisible behind the scenes, it's because he doesn't want to look like a fool for intervening after everything went terribly wrong when he supported the ouster of Mubarak. Obama knows he made a mistake now because he sees how the Muslim Brotherhood turned the tables and made him look like a fool.

In fact, all of the Egyptians were fooled too. They only voted Morsi in based on his campaign promises and then he did just the opposite once he took office.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

In fact, all of the Egyptians were fooled too. They only voted Morsi in based on his campaign promises and then he did just the opposite once he took office.

Sounds familiar

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ok , there is a bit of mathematics here , so bring on your calculators , now write down this :

1-As per most of the members here on ATS , the KSA, Kuwait , United Arab Emirates , are American allies.

2-As per most of the members here on ATS , USA government is backing Morsi.

Now those three Arab countries offered the Egyptian army billions of dollars if they were able to throw away Morsi , and they did immediately after they were successful by sending 12 billion dollars .

Now please do the math and explain to me what is happening here because my head is about to explode

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Part of the problem is people thinking that the U.S. backs Morsi and that the Egyptian Army has to do what Morsi says and wants, but they don't.

The U.S. backs the Egyptian Army and the Egyptian Army and Morsi oppose each other right now.

The army allowed Morsi some leeway in the beginning, but the more people started screaming against him, the more the army took action against the Muslim Brotherhood and Morsi in order to protect the rights of the people.

As for where the U.S. support goes, it's mostly to the Army and NGO's...

"U.S. Aid to Egypt: Where Does the Money Go—and Who Decides How It’s Spent?"

www.psmag.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Believe your eyes and follow the money. The US isn't backing Morsi and the MB. They had democratic elections, the MB essentially won. So if the US didn't back the election results then the Spreading democracy meme would be destroyed. That quaint narrative still has (some) value.

Well it happened.It didn't take long before the US stated to gather intel on these MB chaps and they realized how bad it was going to get. So a military coup was green-lighted by the US and the US instantly recognizes the military junta as legit. That overt move was extraordinary, and the US will pay a high price for that. ATS readers are frequently Obama bashers and it often substitutes for critical thought.
edit on 5-8-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: bad spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Honestly, I'm a frequent Obama basher, but I knew he didn't see this one coming in the beginning.

What bothers me is knowing that after the Egyptian MB was elected into office, and we started to see their true colors, the U.S. still decided to work with the MB in Syria and Turkey to try and assist the Syrian rebels. The MB promised the U.S. that they would help keep weapons out of the hands of Al Qaeda, but you have to know that secretly, they were probably doing just the opposite. It's no wonder that so many ATS members think that we're funding and supporting Al Qaeda directly because of it. The U.S. is damned if they do support Middle East and Asian citizens and damned if they don't. They're going to take a beating either way. The problem is that it's become too difficult to tell and track who's who and who supports who.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Usa support no one and every one. There where they think they can gain something, oil, minerals or get money from selling arm that is the side they " support". And by supporting both sides in a conflict they ensure they make truckloads of money.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I am thoroughly on the Egyptian army's side in this matter as I believe they actually have the best interests of there people at heart and wonder how many of morsi's supporters in the pro morsi demonstrations are actually immigrants to Egypt from Libya and elsewhere.
Good post. S+F.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Guys some of you have missed a very important point here,

The US is not supporting the egyptian army, Obama is only paying them because of the camp david treaty back in 1979. Obama is supporting the MB, he has been paying them money and he actually warned the army of withdrawing military aid to Egypt if the army was to oust Morsi (this was after the 48 hour time limit was given but before the time limit ran out). The Egyptian military didn't listen to Obama simply because if he was to withdraw military aid this would break the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel. If you look at the past you will see that every arab-israel war that took place started by Egypt attacking Israel or Israel attacking Egypt, breaking the peace treaty with Egypt the Arab world's most powerful military could result in another Arab-Israel conflict with only the US to blame. Looking at history, the Arab countries will join the side of Egypt if war starts.

Obama is pretty much forced to pay military aid to Egypt doesn't matter whether he supports their actions or not. On the other hand Obama is not forced to pay anything to the MB, he is doing it because he wants to pay them. This is how the MB is able to actually protest against the army, they are literary hiring people to go and protest, 200 pounds at the very start then 1000 pounds every 10 days (you could get quite a bit of money if you go there with your family).Heck, they were even chanting, "The US has got our back, Mursi will be back" on the day Mursi was stripped from power, they stopped saying that the next day I am guessing because the US poked them and told them not to say that.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

I don't think Obama is pro Israel. He is too far left. If the Egyptians perceive that he promotes our traditional ties to Israel, then they might be listening to false pretenses put out by the administration. Even Hillary pretends to be pro-Israel, but I think she has been stirring up trouble everywhere she goes. We do not get to hear what she has been telling people in the countries she visited. I've thought that the leftists in Obama admin were supporting the MB even if in secret since the Union leader Trumka bragged about their efforts in Egypt during the Arab Spring. Even the Tunisian guy who sparked protests there did so because there were no jobs and I had read a very obscure article then about the Unions there. I think the whole process was designed from the start to provoke protests and civil unrest, depose pro-Western leaders and promote communism through Union organizing.
I do think it's hilarious that the Egyptian music industry is mocking, although it does look bad for the US, but that is the President's fault 100 %. (and is that a golf club she's swinging around?)
edit on 6-8-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

john mccain and lindsey graham are over in Egypt right now - even though it's SO dangerous with a travel warning - trying to get the army to allow the Muslim brotherhood back into the gov't.

This is about the IMF loan that the MB agreed to right before they got ousted - even though muslims don't believe in "usery".

All of this is about a collapsing western banking system - see HSBC negating contracts with the embassies in the UK - on a Sunday - Quick! Got to shut down all of the US embassies in the ME before HSBC does it to them, also.

As usual - follow the money.

Dems and repubs are both the same - there is no difference between them - the US people really need to understand this point.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

Thanks for the info. Do you have any links with more info?

I know that Obama warned the Egyptian army against a coup knowing that it would cause a terrorist uproar, but I've also read reports that Morsi supporters are upset that Obama refuses to call it a coup.

You think Obama is refusing to call it a coup it just to be able to keep the treaty in place?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky

Well this is just great! Our Dictator was disposed and now he is mad...The new guys in power are also mad...When will America stop interfering in other countries affairs?

when will people quit blaming the US for everything bad in the world that happens? even messes of their own doing?

who protested and demanded the removal of the previous leader of egypt who i might add was supported by the US? the people of egypt.
who voted for morsi and to support the muslim brotherhood who i might add was considered a terrorist group by the US? the people of egypt.
who didn't turn out to vote even though they got the election they wanted and allowed morsi to win? the people of egypt.

i think people can't accept their own faults and seek to blame a convenient target so they feel better about themselves and it justifies the lie in their mind so the guilt can be covered up.

i know our country isn't perfect or innocent and has created many messes but so many people seem to ignore, forget or just plain doesn't know the other nations who are just as much responsible for these messes as our country.
some are started by another nation then when they see they can't handle it they request the US to take over then everyone forgets who created the mess(yea you, France), some are entirely the making of others yet even those get blamed on the US(you too Europe) and others like, oh, i don't know, Russia(in both forms) has been more than happy to cause coups, civil wars and creating puppets, in fact i'd say they are far better than the US at it, far more successful at it and far more patient.
most of the stability problems(civil wars, revolutions, drug trade, coups, etc) of today are just as much the fault of Russia and Europe(mostly France and the UK) as it is the US.

what i see in Egypt is the US supporting whatever maintains stability, whatever side the Egyptian military chooses to support is what achieves this goal.
i mean do they expect everything to go wonderfully and find paradise just because they had free elections? do they not understand their responsibility in a democratic styled system?

Everything is not the fault of the US or even external sources in other countries, sometimes it's your own fault and many need to accept that fact lest they get nowhere as people and a nation.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

This is about the IMF loan that the MB agreed to right before they got ousted

Oh my yes! That makes complete sense. The IMF is major global banking cartel and McCain is globalist. I doubt there would have been a lot of difference if he had been elected instead of Bobo.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think you'll find that Morsi was the one who refused the IMF loan and that the coup likely happened in order for it to go through.

It's all a mind #, people.

"It's a big club and you and I ain't in it."

new topics

top topics

join