It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Question!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Ok, I have seen many times when it comes to watching videos of people hunting for bigfoot, were they would try to "communicate" with them by banging a stick against a hardy tree. But they do it as if they are hitting a baseball. Correct me(please) if Im wrong here, but I pretend to think that the strongest point of a sound wave would be paralell from the point of the strike. So I would hit on a tree about nine foot off the ground. It would be ear level to the adult bigfoot. Wouldnt they themselfs strike the tree at this hieght if they really exist and are using this method to communicate?? Shrubs can get big in the forest and can easily muffle a sound if its waist high or even chest high! Any thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheQuantumForcesThatBe

before beating poor defenceless trees [ at any height ] try explaining coherently how this " communicates " with an alledged " big foot " ?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The best form of communication with a Bigfoot would be a boob flash. The scientific underpinnings of this method are irrefutable.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuantumForcesThatBe
Ok, I have seen many times when it comes to watching videos of people hunting for bigfoot, were they would try to "communicate" with them by banging a stick against a hardy tree. But they do it as if they are hitting a baseball. Correct me(please) if Im wrong here, but I pretend to think that the strongest point of a sound wave would be paralell from the point of the strike. So I would hit on a tree about nine foot off the ground. It would be ear level to the adult bigfoot. Wouldnt they themselfs strike the tree at this hieght if they really exist and are using this method to communicate?? Shrubs can get big in the forest and can easily muffle a sound if its waist high or even chest high! Any thoughts on this?

hmmm interesting, but i have a problem with why people would try to communicate with any animal like this in the first place?, from my point of view, if i saw a bear in the woods the last thing i would do is start banging a stick against a tree and giving my position away, you might as well scream...hey im over here, and jump up and down.

imo, If, and that's a big if, the Bigfoot exists i highly doubt anyone is going to want to get to close to it and even if they did, why on earth would they bang a stick on a tree at the potential head height of the unknown animal just to try and communicate with it, im sure that if they do exist and there anything like any other animal, they will hear sounds weather they are coming from low or high positions, like bears or guerrillas, all animals have awareness, and im sure its a lot stronger in animals than it is in us, but that's not the point, because making such violent sounds around animals is likely to give the animals the interpretation that those actions are aggressive actions which in turn would probably provoke them to either attack or run away, i just don't see what making a lot of noise around an unknown animal is going to achieve, maybe the animal would say hello in English or tap the tree where the person tapped it, lol, i don't know but i imagine that if anyone did this toward an unknown animal or species then 1 of 3 things would happen, either intelligent communication would follow, the beast would run away or death for the onlooker would become a reality.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I suppose they might, yes. But I kind of have to agree with the other readers, are you sure you wanna come face to face with the big guys? I follow more to the Native American beliefs that there's human origins, but if these things are cursed or have gone feral, it's a big risk to take by meeting one. Just make sure you take a gun, preferably concealed so you don't alarm it, and be gentle. Just because it's out there, doesn't mean you should shoot it and stuff it. Respect all creatures, even cryptos.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I just watched the first episode of Joe Rogan Questions Everything. His first episode he goes " squatching" in the forest with one of his podcast buddies and two guys claiming to have seen a stinkin' humanoid, which they believe is a big foot. They go around the woods setting up cameras and collecting crap and hair fibers. When it comes to the dead of night, J Ro is saying that there are recordings and witness accounts of what is discribed as someone hitting some poor defenseless trees for their money..... Well they tried it themselfs, failing epicly. Cause they didnt have me with them.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xMJRx

Interesting point. I think Im more afraid of a tiger than a bear, lol. Im from the south, Im almost close enough to smell the pine wood from the Black Water State Forest. Plenty of black bears there. Maybe I'll go squatching if I create a reason to be out there with a rifle on hand. I think people have more courage than you give them credit for, its their level of common sense that worries me. Thanks for your input.

top topics

join