It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did We Go Wrong?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
After reading the replies.

We went wrong when man created god.

Apparently god is a heartless s.o.b.....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
your logic is actually a bit twisted to me.

Then it shouldn't be difficult to refute, should it?

and i would say that the reason we are experiencing all this negativity in the world today is because man has been losing touch with God.

My response to that is three simple words: Westboro Baptist Church.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DivisiveConformity

you need to read history-we have been "going wrong" since records began [and likely before that]

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You need to read more than just the title. I understand we've been "wrong" for a long time. Nowhere did I refute that. My post simply points out that we can be "right".

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivisiveConformity

your logic is actually a bit twisted to me.

Then it shouldn't be difficult to refute, should it?

and i would say that the reason we are experiencing all this negativity in the world today is because man has been losing touch with God.

My response to that is three simple words: Westboro Baptist Church.

and no it isnt hard to refute at all. the tools you are given take precedence in the christian church.

but ur still thinking about religion (WBC). who says God needs religion? or that we need any of the known religions to find God? God is a personal thing. not from a book and the interpretations of pastors and preachers far and wide each with their own separate interpretation. u dont have to follow any pastor, or preacher or church.

if theyve told you because someone is homosexual they cant pray to God they are wrong. they might not allow homosexuals into their faith. but that is because of the interpretation and beliefs of the founder of the faith. Gays can even form their own faith based religion which interprets the gay issue differently.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Because people, amongst all the creatures of this Earth, are pretty much the only species that will kill and inflict pain for pure pleasure. Not everyone mind you but enough and these are the types that gravitate to the top of any pyramid where they can feel and wield control.

People find pleasure in the struggle and hardships of others. Ask yourself why shows like Big Brother and Survivor are so popular.

People find it easier to see the differences in people faster than finding commonality. For this we will be doomed to this vicious cycle.

Personally I think we are doomed and in 1000 years I wonder if anyone will be around to dig us up and marvel at how powerful and stupid we were.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

who says God needs religion?

But it's a religious book that says homosexuality is a sin...

So which is it? Does God not need religion, in which case what is said in the holy books is nonsense? Or has God adopted what humans wrote in those books? Both contradict what you are trying to say.

If God doesn't need religion, then that effectively proves religion wrong, which nullifies that whole "homosexuality is a sin" part, unless you can point me to another document (written by God himself) that states homosexuality is a sin.

if theyve told you because someone is homosexual they cant pray to God they are wrong.

He'll allow them to worship him, but he'll still destroy them in disasters and disease before sending them to Hell?

Come on, man. You're going in circles.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

who says God needs religion?

But it's a religious book that says homosexuality is a sin...

So which is it? Does God not need religion, in which case what is said in the holy books is nonsense? Or has God adopted what humans wrote in those books? Both contradict what you are trying to say.

If God doesn't need religion, then that effectively proves religion wrong, which nullifies that whole "homosexuality is a sin" part, unless you can point me to another document (written by God himself) that states homosexuality is a sin.

if theyve told you because someone is homosexual they cant pray to God they are wrong.

He'll allow them to worship him, but he'll still destroy them in disasters and disease before sending them to Hell?

Come on, man. You're going in circles.

there are many religions. some of them even created their own bible. scientology for instance. their God is an alien called xenu. lol

the bible uses metaphors and symbolism as well as literal interpretation to carry across a specific message. form ur own faith, and marry gays in it as well as straight ppl who attend. unless ur going to make it a gays only church lol. whatever. in the end tho u discover that all of existence created by the Supreme Creator was forged by one universal principle. 'opposites attract'. and when that happens they form one, and that one is matter. it can be described as male and female energies, negative and positive energies, visible and invisible energies. opposites are merged in the middle to form existence on every layer from the microcosm to the macrocosm. that's just how God made the place and says if u learn to understand that, he'll give u a priceless gift. all religions promise this for living righteously and praising God. i believe it to be true because i tried and it just turned out that it worked out to be true.

i dont really know anything about WBC. just see them in the headlines. but i dont pay any attention to them. i hardly pay attention to any religion these days. but ive studied them all pretty much.
edit on 5-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

I want to know where God said homosexuality is a sin. The only place I see it are in religious texts, and you said God doesn't need religion. You're saying that religion is man-made, and religion is the only place that homosexuality is mentioned as being a sin. So tell me where God said it himself.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by filledcup

I want to know where God said homosexuality is a sin. The only place I see it are in religious texts, and you said God doesn't need religion. You're saying that religion is man-made, and religion is the only place that homosexuality is mentioned as being a sin. So tell me where God said it himself.

he called it a shameful act. and the gays of that time were indulging in lust and homosexuality as a direct rebellion to the doctrines of God. in a sense they were testing him. some gays are just lustful, and some feel genuinely and naturally attracted to their same sex. but y does that mean you cant pray to God?

how many of us are liars? thieves, cheaters.. including pastors and preachers. everyone sins, and everyone is aspiring to earn God's favour. they all go to a church and practice some form of religion where they pray to God. God made us.. that's bottom line. and that means all of us.

dont see why everyone's hating on God because they followed certain men who led them astray, used and exploited them. ill tell you i agree that religions are wrong to get arrogant towards gays. the way i see it. if God has a problem with them, he'll deal with them himself. and just as he did in the stories if those stories are indeed true. why does anyone feel they need to take it upon themselves to act as God's judge at any time?

edit on 5-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

he called it a shameful act.

Where?

some gays are just lustful

Many straight people are lustful as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
we never went wrong, we just forgot where we came from..

"can you name all the animals on the planet? huh? no? well then shut up and go back to The Garden" -bill hicks

edit on 5-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: wrong damn song

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

"When is enough enough?"

When we decide collectively that it is, instead of as a minority.

Or when the majority who aren't wrecking the planet/working to revoke the rights of others/supporting the wealth gap(s) that exist today decide to chastise/disown the minority who are. When we stop giving these people a free pass, hell, celebrating them and considering their actions accomplishments.
edit on 8/6/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

he called it a shameful act.

Where?

Romans Chapter 1

Romans 1:25-32

New International Version (NIV)

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

see it all began with falling away from God. they began a rebellion against the mysteries of nature and God's creation. it also seems that because of that God allowed them to be consumed by their lusts. in effect he abandoned them just as they abandoned him.

"and received in themselves the due penalty for their error." the penalty is in the afterlife. it is the penalty of the spirit according to the text. so if you dont believe in an afterlife etc none of this should bother you. the question then remains, does your belief or disbelief change what is true?
source: www.biblegateway.com...

Many straight people are lustful as well.

exactly. everyone sins. but there are those who aspire to understand the laws of nature and align with them, these people are blessed by God. it is just God's system this is how he made the place, and this is what he rewards in his followers. that's just how it is. and i dont think we can change that.

then there are those who dont care for God whatsoever. those who would disregard all the wisdom filled teachings in the bible because one part of it disagrees with the way they prefer to live their lives. without authority or obeying the order.

God is the only one that can grant eternal life in the spirit. a form of plasma immortality. not the flesh.. the flesh decays. but the promise is that God can grant us the ability to live forever in the spirit even after the flesh has decayed. he has set rules for obtaining the reward. a test must be passed.

in school, if u sit an exam and answer 10% of the questions correctly then you fail. the teacher wont award you a pass. how will you then force the teacher to accept your answers which were wrong and mark them right when they are not?
edit on 6-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Romans Chapter 1

God wrote that?

You're still going in circles, man. First you're saying God doesn't need religion, then you're quoting the Bible. The Bible was written by people of the Jewish and Christian faiths.

You're also saying that God judges homosexuals, when the Bible specifically says not to judge anyone. He's violating his own rules?

Surely you can see how circular this logic is.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Romans Chapter 1

God wrote that?

You're still going in circles, man. First you're saying God doesn't need religion, then you're quoting the Bible. The Bible was written by people of the Jewish and Christian faiths.

You're also saying that God judges homosexuals, when the Bible specifically says not to judge anyone. He's violating his own rules?

Surely you can see how circular this logic is.

i didnt write it. i can just make sense of what is there. let me rephrase. "we dont need religion to find God." God is not bound to religion. religion just describes history and symbolic stories. God was born before religion ever was. and he made man before any of the religions were even created. there's nothing circular about that. wrap ur head around it.

According to the bible, God doesnt like lying, stealing etc.. and how many do that.

see how twisted ur logic is. im not sure u CAN get it. God inspired the bible. God created us. He can do whatever the hell he wants. tell your boss at work "i do what i want" the next time he tells u "do as i say, but not as i do"

there is an authority and instructions. u have the choice to obey, or rebel. it's all ur choice

u are free to adopt whichever philosophy of life you want. just look at the world around you. there's tonnes of different perspectives. but there's only one that works.

it's all up to you man. doesnt matter what i think or say. u make the choices and each choice will have it's consequences whether positive or negative. i cant change that. no man can change that. so what's the point of arguing? if u want me to explain stuff i can do that. but dont shoot the messenger. you either believe in eternal life or u dont. and those who do believe in an afterlife, try to follow the rules as laid out to achieve the goal.

id rather stick to the topic. my final answer is as ive stated. as people and nations move further away from God, they find themselves in greater and greater difficulty.

i dont have any. and im not even worried bout jack sheit that's going on in the world today. and i attribute that to my being faithful to the common sense aspect of their being a Supreme Creator. Creator of the first of our kind. without him none of us would have this experience. and for that reason we owe him everything. it's his after all. He is Judge.. we are not! this is his courtroom.

that's my contribution to the thread.
edit on 7-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

After reading your OP DivisiveConformity it seems you are pointing out the various issues that the species MANKIND is struggling with facing/projecting? 1 views them as hold backs from potential advancements both physically and Spiritually of a species.

From 1z subjective view you have covered some of the main related issues within the OP with Greed - Ignorance -Power - & SELF hate taking hold of the HUMAN Consciousness with feelings of wants becoming needs DESIRES and the humanoid body with obtaining these material WANTS with financial possessions.

These issues take hold of the HUMAN consciousness & body because of mans attachments to the Material aspects of this material world. ( No JUDGE here) of any for its hard (but not impossible) to not become engulfed in or be part the material wants and emotional LACK feeling when not having these wants. Wants PROGRAMMED, into the humanoid consciousness and body, that ARE taught - social Programmed and breed within each generations mind states that the supreme goal of EA*RTH beings is to follow advertised products shared in various social programing mechs. like stories-books-movies-music Advertised Products of physical and mental ...

Mental program ex:
UNCLEAR Hero Villain like personas behaviors, which then generate massive amounts of energy into a Separation, program as many begin to PICK sides of the YIN/YAN w/o recognizing the WHOLE surrounding the ALL* almost making hero villain unclear to experiencers near around them... Forgetting that as the separations programs happen that as decisions and acts ARE done on others they ARE done on the WHOLE or YOU effecting you directly.

Can YOU objectively see/visualize your (separation) location above in the image substituting the YIN/YAN inner/outer boundaries as the ALL* as the WHOLE (YOU WHEN ALL* Acknowledging each other) surrounds both Hero+/-Villain personas ENERGIES / beliefs/acts upon others. Or is it all subjective SEEing -behaving/ programmed thinking -teaching. Unless EXISTING Out there in the depicted image above WHOLE Outer boundaries WATCHING/OBSERVING/EVALUATING MORE OBJECTIVLY reality within the areas where Paranormal/Metaphysical/Physical are subjectively interpreted & somewhat understood?

If ignorance is added, this Separated mentality man vs man Hero or Villain ? (or self inflicting thinking of I am right you are wrong makes a species experiencing these behaviors mentioned within the OP chase its own tail at times (rich- poor yet ALL* ) .

Not recognizing 1 = many / all or WHOLE/SPECIES? So when ignorance is added to Power/Greed mixed into the Hero Villain personas Vicious cycles can begin... Further down generations Hero Villain thinking merge into Controller or who won? war / crusade. Controller over years then becomes tempted with Greed from Power and so since at a higher position then others Greedy Controller ways influence ALL* or species, make all feel separate? Then control segments of ignorance instead ALL* at once and allow ignorance to distract and then eventually ignorance controls distracted Hero & Villain mental programed.

And so today OP, some control many, money controls them which prevents massive amounts of money to go into providing Services for the Species, local human ALL*.

Services that may assist the entire species, but in turn may dwindle financial status of some as the are brought back into reality seeing how those they influenced in the whole (who or them also when viewed species wise) were affected by the past money developments that controlled the Food distribution -EDUCATION SHARING-Entertainment industry-Military-Medical industry -Extremism Drug Industry

1 has faith humanity CAN/WILL OVERCOME these issues eventually as more MATURITY spawns within generations as experiences within generations advance for the better hopefully.

FAITH

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
ignorance of the metaphysical aspects of reality, scientific empiricism/materialism...

that's where.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I hear you OP, we could have lived in a second garden of Eve by now, if it wasn't for our unevolved ways of thinking, and the breed and encouragement of developing skills which will not aid us to progress at all but only cause more separation and more misery to all beings.

It quite sucks because that saying "can't we all just get along?" will get a quick response of "no, we need the money" nowadays. We have totally lost our minds and the connection with life itself, so everything we do seems normal to the unenlightened. And yet nothing is normal and we keep on destroying every little thing we come in touch with, and call it progress. Money is the God and the bankers are the priests. Truly a sad world we live in.

S&F

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
All of this ongoing in the world is like a spinning vortex that will only get worst as time passes by. Humanity has finally reached its final guilt of flawlessness within its own corrupted system. There will be no hope for tomorrow if all of these sinful acts continue. It is ludicrous, lack of morality, and least of all, shame on humanity ignorant behaviors. It is the 21st century.

T&M
edit on 8-8-2013 by sunburst because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join