It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Past Lives With This Past-Life Regression Session...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, interesting show regarding reincarnation. Posting so that I can follow up on this.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Tried this last night, got some fleeting images, one is of a ruined stone house, all you see are the foundation walls, made of stone, I felt it was in the USA, and the other is of some girl in the 1960s, flowerchild like I guess, long brown hair, parted in the middle, her smile made me think of my 12 year old neice, so I'm assuming it was her in a past life.
I was always her favorite lol

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuMuMu

Originally posted by wildtimes
I'm always dreaming up scenes and stories, so I never quite believe I haven't just "invented" or "imagined" the scene.
In a proper past life regression, you are absolutely, positively certain that the memory is not an invention.

How is this? I have had amazing experiences; but how could anyone be sure of such a thing? How could anyone know their own subconscious did not weave the "memory"??

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MuMuMu

Thanks for all the feedback to everyone.

Once I saw the sandals and long robe, and the desert setting, I had flashes of pictures I had seen in the bible coming into my mind. So, at that point, I felt I couldn't trust that anything further would be my own memory.

However, I once had a psychic/medium tell me that I had lived back in the days of Jesus.
I had always "felt" this even before it was told to me.
I always visualize scenes when being told a story, and I always did this in Sunday school when I was growing up.
So, how can I know if the flashes I see are really my own memory, or memories I've conjured up from my "church going days"?

You did say we will know without a shadow of a doubt when it is our own memory, so if this past-life continues to pop up, I'll continue and see where it leads.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scribe611

Originally posted by Jana12
reply to post by MuMuMu

I also remember back in my college days an authored Psych Professor, who was a Hypnotist, tested us using the eye-roll test and said some people, albeit only a very small percentage of the population, cannot be 'hypnotized' and cannot be regressed or to do so would be very difficult.

I tried this, and although I'm by myself I don't think mine rolled all the way up. I still could see everything, I was just looking at the ceiling. I strained until my eyes hurt a bit, and could still see everything. I'm kinda disappointed!
Seems if all the color was gone and only the whites visible, you wouldn't be able to see anything because the pupil would be covered by the eyelid.

I seem to be able to listen to just the right relaxation music with my eyes closed and take all kinds of mental journeys. I've never been hypnotized, but I always thought I'd be an easy one because of that. I'm anxious to hear the reply to this question as well. When you did this eye-roll test, were you able to see anything, or did everything go dark?

I should have mentioned that the test really needs to be performed by the expert trained individual who is doing the regression or hypnosis. It's not a 'do-it-yourself' kind of test.

As MuMuMu replied it's called the eye-roll sign or ERS

While I was attending the University, which was in the late 1970's, I was dating a man who had recently earned his MD and wanted to continue on in his residency to become a private-practice Psychiatrist. He told me he wanted to help people with addictions; drugs, alcohol, food, and any kind of an addiction, and also phobias and fears. He also wanted to run a weight-loss center. He didn't want to hear about their life story. He just wanted to specialize in treating all kinds of addictions, phobias and fears through hypnosis only.

At the time, I was familiar with hypnosis, but had never heard of past-life regression. When he told me that he was just starting his practice and that over the course of that year he had refused two patients, I asked him why. He said he didn't want to set them up for failure. That was when he asked me to roll my eyes up into my head as far as possible so that only white was showing.

Since I couldn't see the results, I took his word for it when he said I could not be hypnotized and that somewhere (at least at that time) between 7% -10% of the population fall into this category. Anyway, I moved out of state, as did he, and we lost contact over the decades.

Fast forward to a few years ago. I went to see a sleep expert, a Psychiatrist, who told me the eye-roll sign/test is untrue. But, after $900 and several treatments/sessions later, the hypnosis did not work and I was still relying on prescription sleep meds. I later found out that I had elevated Adrenaline and Cortisol levels because I was not properly managing my stress. These elevated levels actually turned out to be the source of my insomnia.

What I am leading up to is this -- if one has elevated stress-hormone levels fueled by chronic anxiety and stress it's a real challenge and significantly more difficult for them to achieve the level of relaxation needed to regress. Apparently, lowering chronically high stress-hormone levels doesn't happen overnight or even after a few relaxation therapy sessions. There's no quick fix, as I've learned. It's a process, sort of like weight loss.

Since this component is often overlooked, I thought I'd mention it. If one doesn't do well on the eye-roll sign, plus stress-hormone levels are also elevated, I think they're going to have difficulty going into real deep relaxation. But, that's my opinion based only on my personal experiences -- and this is not my area of expertise.

Hope this helps - JANA
edit on 6-8-2013 by Jana12 because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12
I remember Dr Weiss saying something about "the eye-roll test", where one looks up, as far up as they can, and if only the white of their eyes show (no color/iris/pupil) they are easier to hypnotize and can regress, and if not, then they aren't able to regress or to be hypnotized.

I also remember back in my college days an authored Psych Professor, who was a Hypnotist, tested us using the eye-roll test and said some people, albeit only a very small percentage of the population, cannot be 'hypnotized' and cannot be regressed or to do so would be very difficult.

Can you comment or clarify this and is the eye-roll test accurate? According to Dr Weiss I think he said that it is an accurate indicator. Thanks - JANA

The eye roll sign (ERS) is a good determiner of the Hypnotic Induction Profile (HIP). I don't employ it unless I find a significantly difficult client who fails to be hypnotized. I don't find but a rare percentage that cannot be assisted to the trance state.

This is my opinion keeping in mind that my clients are looking for past life, life between lives or future life experiences. This is a different group of people who may be looking to hypnosis without regression for the resolution of addiction and a myriad of other issues.

The issue here is intent. Intent is paramount.

I apologize if this answer is vague.

Makes sense to me. Thank you for clarifying this. JANA

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Thank you, Jana.

That most definitely is good information to know.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

Perhaps I could try to accomplish PLR by way of "zoning out" with binaural tracks instead, since they are void of speech. They help me sleep better, perhaps they could be of use for this as well.

The issue you may have is that you will end up asleep, not in trance.
It is possible for you to slip into a PLR. I have clients who have inadvertently slipped into a past life memory while in a relaxed state, fully awake!

Not exactly. Only the deepest of binaural tones induce sleep for me. I cannot sleep to higher pitched tones, but they may still be deep enough to be of use for trying to accomplish PLR relaxation.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
How is this? I have had amazing experiences; but how could anyone be sure of such a thing? How could anyone know their own subconscious did not weave the "memory"??
I am of the opinion that our subconscious must survive death, otherwise we would not be able to recall past life events in subsequent lives where these would emerge from the subconscious level.

You make the assumption that your subconscious can create vivid scenarios. I haven't seen any data that sets this into fact but...

Helpful Website

The eternal subconscious (soul) does store past life memories. We are talking about two different memory modules, btw. Memory creation is a function of the brain neurons. In PLR, we are working with the subconscious or superconsciousness (LBL), not a brain function.

Your spirit guide is responsible for your past life journey. I trust them and have never related with a guide who did not have all the best intentions for the soul he oversees. He is part of the process of insuring that you are being given past life instruction from stored memories not creations of your mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

However, I once had a psychic/medium tell me that I had lived back in the days of Jesus.
I had always "felt" this even before it was told to me.
I always visualize scenes when being told a story, and I always did this in Sunday school when I was growing up.
So, how can I know if the flashes I see are really my own memory, or memories I've conjured up from my "church going days"?

You did say we will know without a shadow of a doubt when it is our own memory, so if this past-life continues to pop up, I'll continue and see where it leads.

Answer Here

Keep in mind a past life regressions (PLR) is a spiritual journey not a material (brain-driven) one. This is key and why the PLR is such an astounding event. You are connecting with your ethereal nature, your Higher Mind, your astral spirit.

Inside your subconscious lies the events recorded and purposefully veiled from you. You are being allowed to access these events for the purpose of your spiritual advancement. Not like a ride on a roller coaster which is fleeting.

Often, clients will remember in the awake state deeper particulars of their past lives that did not come forward under regression. Special stuff, yes?

Let me add that on occasion a spirit guide will refuse to allow either a particular past life access or PLR at all. This is very rare, one occurrence I can remember there was complete denial of access, the guide explaining that his soul (the cleint) was simply not ready for the experience.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I tried it last night after the family was in bed and it was interesting. The process started, of course, with relaxing as instructed and following along.

While I can't say that I saw anything specific - I did get (as others have described) some fleeting images that were foreign to me. Faces and places that I didn't recognize from my life were familiar and still foreign. What comes to mind is something like a mud hut - or possibly adobe. It felt like american indian - but I can't be sure.

As suggested, I'm going to try a few more times. I downloaded the video from youtube, and will turn it into an mp3 so I can run it through headphones from my phone.

Interesting stuff. I saw enough that I'm going to keep trying. Maybe as I get more comfortable and accustomed to the process, more things might be revealed. I'm hoping to get to the point where I can do it without the recording, just by running through the preparatory steps in my mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MuMuMu

Thank you for the link to that article. Very informative.

Did you write that?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MuMuMu

Inside your subconscious lies the events recorded and purposefully veiled from you. You are being allowed to access these events for the purpose of your spiritual advancement. Not like a ride on a roller coaster which is fleeting.

When I remembered my last lifetime it was this way. I had come to a point in my spiritual growth where it was a need to know thing. I needed to know if it was a true valid experience or not.
Long story short,I relived the last two hours of my last lifetime.

Kind of an eye opener!

But it was for my spiritual growth,and had I not needed that kind of information, I am sure I would not of received it. I did it through meditation and request to the universe though. Didn't do any hypnosis. Just asked while meditating, and that night after I went to bed, I relived my death.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A link to several Dr. Brian Weiss files including an audio version of the OP's video. Enjoy.

Brian Weiss Downloads

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I tried the PLR this evening and had some interesting results.

There was a little boy, 4 years old wearing shorts, running around on the seashore by himself. There isn't a soul in sight- only a lighthouse. But there is something bad in the lighthouse. He runs back and forth between the seashore and the lighthouse. Sometimes he goes inside and runs halfway up the stairs but then he goes back out. This goes on for hours and hours. He doesn't understand the bad thing in the lighthouse.

Later he is at the door and there is a woman in the lighthouse. His mother is a striking, willowy blonde. But she is severely depressed- maybe even mentally ill. She sits at the kitchen table silently, listlessly playing solitaire. The boy sits opposite her but he can't say anything- he can't break the silence. He gets himself a glass of milk and sits in the chair watching her play solitaire hoping she will notice him and talk to him but she doesn't.

Later he is an old man dying alone in his room. He never married. He never talked to people or became involved with them. He remained stuck in his habit of waiting for his mother to speak to him. The bad thing in the lighthouse was his mother- she put a gun in her mouth and pulled the trigger.

Later after his own passing he is embraced by Jesus. Jesus tells him "you are loved". Jesus means he is loved by the universal consciousness even though he just went through his life not feeling loved.

The boy's name is "Henrik Van Himmel". It would be interesting to see if he was a real person or if I dreamed him up.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SallieSunshine

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! You got a name!!!

Wow! I hope you can research this and let us know. Please come back and tell us, even if this thread is long dead by the time you find out.

And you realized the meaning from that lifetime. How cool!!

I can't wait to try mine again... hopefully tonight, if things are quite around here.

Are you going to try it again to see if you get a different lifetime?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I will try to poke around to see if I can find a Henrik Van Himmel somewhere but my feeling is this took place on the coast of the Netherlands. I am not familiar with the Dutch language so trying to track down Henrik could be problematic for me.

If I can find a Henrik somewhere I will probably try the PLR again.

Good luck with your experiment.

Sal

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I am of the opinion that our subconscious must survive death, otherwise we would not be able to recall past life events in subsequent lives where these would emerge from the subconscious level.

You make the assumption that your subconscious can create vivid scenarios. I haven't seen any data that sets this into fact but...

Helpful Website

The eternal subconscious (soul) does store past life memories. We are talking about two different memory modules, btw. Memory creation is a function of the brain neurons. In PLR, we are working with the subconscious or superconsciousness (LBL), not a brain function.

Your spirit guide is responsible for your past life journey. I trust them and have never related with a guide who did not have all the best intentions for the soul he oversees. He is part of the process of insuring that you are being given past life instruction from stored memories not creations of your mind.

Okay I think I understand your view on this "soul subconsciousness"... I tend to see instead in terms oflevels of subconsciousness instead, but however you see that,
my question is related then to what you call a "brain" subconsciousness... the one we all know we have, the one that is responsible for dreaming, for example? The one which colors and twists our more recent memory?
We many witnesses to the same event will describe it differently.

We know very well that within a life time, false memories can be created, so how do you know for sure that someones experience is not stemming from that "brain subconscious" instead of "soul subconscious"?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I wanted to say, that was an awesome memory, even though it was so tragic.

I appreciate you sharing it with us.

I am curious if you will try again to remember more life times?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by sled735

You know what, I had come across this earlier, and tried it. I found myself recalling being a young girl on a mountain plateau pasture - all by myself; like my family had died and I was the only one left to care for the sheep. I fell off the cliff, and the last thing I saw was a group of what I think were Native Americans looking down at me.????

It was kinda cool - I've had one session of hypnosis, but I didn't really feel "hypnotized" - it wasn't for past-life, it was more for discovering what I was concerned/sad about -

I'm always dreaming up scenes and stories, so I never quite believe I haven't just "invented" or "imagined" the scene.

Wildtimes! I read your post, but didn't realize it was you; you changed your avatar!

That was a terrible memory, but then, we all have died tragically in at least one of our lifetimes, I suppose.

Are you interested in trying again to see if a different past-life comes up?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join