It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your favorite 1 hit wonder..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Patrick Swayze She's like the Wind

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Fraternity of Men - Don't bogart me. Popular here for being country music, and the message

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hot Butter - Popcorn

edit on Wed 7 Aug 2013 by Hellmutt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Chicory Tip - Son of my Father

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
STRETCH- Why did you do it

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
GARY MOORE - Still got the blues

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Charles Bradley - Lovin' You, Baby

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

DAMN!! I'm a music addict, but I KNEW there was a forgotten jewel or two that evaded me. This made my day!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I hate to break it to you, but you're completely wrong. Convoy is far from the worst song ever, It may be up in the top 100 best. Worst ever would be something like the Macarena.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Apologize in advance for dropping this ear worm in here, but I've had this song playing in my head for about 40 years. Just sharing the love.

Wooly Bully!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I always wondered about Dr. John... Very similar voices. Wooly Bully brings back great memories.

Btw, loved the 96 Tears post, too. As music tends to do, The Mysterians beget Grand Funk by way of the excellent bassist, Mel Schacher.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can't believe no one posted this classic!

C'mon guys, many of the posted vids were not one hit wonders. Get your head in the game.

Here's another for ya!

edit on 8-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat Paws with no opposable thumbs

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
GARY MOORE - Still got the blues

Gary Moore is pretty good, maybe a mainstream music one hit wonder, but I think he had a long career of decent sounds

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Verve one hit wonders? - Lucky Man, The Drugs Don't Work, Sonnet, Love Is Noise to mention but a few.
The Prodigy? - a very influential band who I've seen live on lot's of occasions, lot's of 'hits' as well.

Anyhow, wouldn't say it's my 'favourite' but it's certainly one that sticks in my mind.

Underworld are a great band who have really only achieved mainstream success with one song;

If anyone's interested here's a link to a great live version.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I can't believe that The Verve are mentioned by so many people as a one hit wonder!

I hope for your sake's you live outside of the UK...or you would deserve a spanking for the mere suggestion!

They were one of the most important indie groups of the 90's in the UK!

They had at least 4 top ten hit's in the UK that I can think of off the top of my head in their short commercial career! Their 1997 album "Urban Hymns" is regularly voted in different poll's as in the top 20 of best UK album's of all time. For those who believe that "Bitter Sweet Symphony" was their one and only hit I shall leave you with one of their other hit's"The Drug's Don't Work" which reached number 1 in the UK single's chart's

Anyway....flap attack over

Not sure if it's already been posted...but the first single that come's to mind is what truly was a one hit wonder in every sense of the word....MARRS- Pump Up The Volume. It was the only single released by a one off recording act....

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was reminded of this thread while grocery shopping yesterday - their in-house music track was playing it (I had been thinking about your thread), and I want to post this one (haven't read through all the pages to see if it was already posted):

And here's where I first heard it:

edit on 10-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My second favorite summertime one hit wonder is of course... Summertime:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by Propulsion

I hate to break it to you, but you're completely wrong. Convoy is far from the worst song ever, It may be up in the top 100 best. Worst ever would be something like the Macarena.

I don't want to get too far off topic, but if you want to talk the worst one hit wonder ...

Shoot! Now this darned thing is stuck in my head again. Ah well, nothing a few shots of tequilla won't cure.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
"Nobody But Me" was their only hit, ... This song rocked.A great one hit wonder from the 60s ...
by "the human beinz"

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join