It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your favorite 1 hit wonder..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This has already been posted .... but it's also mine so I'm casting my vote for it again.
Bittersweet Symphany .... The Verve.

edit on 8/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's a high school thing. Memories and whatnot.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
OK, I couldn't get away with just one, so I'll list two of my all time faves. The first is "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand" by the Primitive Radio Gods. This is from the time I first started getting into alternative. It's plaintive, and always hits me emotionally for some reason. By the way, the "I've been down hearted baby" is sampled from a B.B. King song.

The second, "Breathe", by The Prodigy, has a punk rock sensibility to it(I used to be into that scene). It also contains two of the scariest guys likely to be seen in a video.

These aren't exactly pop hits, but were big in my circles. My musical tastes extend across many genres, but these are two that have stuck with me. Thanks for such an interesting thread, some of these I haven't heard in years.
edit on 8/6/13 by dontaskmeimfrommars because: clarification

edit on 8/6/13 by dontaskmeimfrommars because: misspelling

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Okay I posted one above as my 'overall' one hit wonder favorite. Now I'm posting my favorite summertime OHW.

Mungo Jerry

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Black - Wonderful Life

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Big Country was a one hit wonder in America
With In A Big Country. But in the Europe they had Whole Albums that were Hits

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There are a lot of "one hit wonders", but the one I'm posting, Would I Lie to You?, has a personal connection because in the course of my work I was present at a video recording session featuring the artists in this video, Charles and Eddie.

Charles Pettigrew, the Afro-american of the two, is deceased unfortunately, having died of cancer in 2001, but Eddie Chacon, the other singer, carries on in Europe, according to Wikipedia.org.

During the taping, Chacon was fooling around, entertaining some of the crew with impressions of various singers, like Sinatra and others. He is a formidably talented vocalist, way beyond what this single would lead you to believe.

edit on 6-8-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I LOVE music, and there are a million to choose from. Here’s a few…

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
With all of the great one hit wonders from the 80's in this thread, I'm surprised this one hasn't showed up

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dmannumber2

I thought all the songs in the eighties were one hit wonders...lol...I went to you tube and typed one hit wonders and big country was among all the others I just picked one of my favorites...I did not intend to upset anyone I just loved this song....

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Not sure how I am supposed to embed, as I have never done it before, but the Culture Club has to be my favorite. Karma Chameleon!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Probably the worst or best? 1 hit wonder I ever heard...

still undecided..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here come the soul & funk attack...you're all gonna be dancin!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
htt

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Not sure if they were a one hit wonder, but I've only heard this one and it's awesome.

Someone posted the mmm mmmm mmmmm one, but I always like this better.

Someone posted another version of this, but this is the one I remember. Bitches didn't know about my awesome Panasonic deck. It had dolphins son. Ugh listening to it while typing and I'm getting getting memory drunk off of Natural Ice and remembering some NSFW moments in my old truck.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Aldo Nova was awesome! You forgot Monkey on Your Back though.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

6 years ago, I won the worst song award with "Convoy"! I still think its the worst song ever...! Hands down!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join