It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consulates and the Vatican in chaos as HSBC tells them to find another bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just found this article,Here is a snippet

TextDiplomats in London have been thrown into chaos after Britain’s biggest bank, HSBC, sacked them as customers and gave them 60 days to move their accounts. Their situation has been made far worse because other banks have been closing ranks and refusing to take their business. More than 40 embassies, consulates and High Commissions have been affected. Even the Vatican has been given its marching orders. Read more: www.thisismoney.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on

Wow! This is very big news,the timing is right on the money with a lot of embassies
closed due to terror threats,however I do not know if this could have anything to do
With the closures or not.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Embassies and consulates desperately need a bank, not just to take in money for visas and passports, but to pay staff wages, rent bills, even the congestion charge.’

I wonder what this might mean for Julian Assange ?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

So far as I have heard and read, this is being done to help stop corruption.

US fine HSBC for money laundering

Just trying to watch their own backs, I highly doubt it has anything to do with embassies closing or vague terror-related warnings on traveling.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Oh Look!
I found the terrorists we must have been warned about!
Quick, Quick! While they got their money in their pockets, get em!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Pretty ironic from a bank who was just caught laundering money a few months ago.

HSBC Holdings Plc agreed to pay a record $1.92 billion in fines to U.S. authorities for allowing itself to be used to launder a river of drug money flowing out of Mexico and other banking lapses.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's the same as my link

I do find it ironic also, they are cutting their ties with political bodies to simply avoid further fines.

I'll hold my tongue on how much I dislike big banks, someone will take the risky business that HSBC has dropped though and they will make a pretty penny or two. It would be interesting to find out just who those companies end up being. I bet they will still be big international banks.

If you send a rusty car through a car wash, it's still gonna come out the other side looking like a rust bucket. No matter what HSBC do they will always be a rusty car in my mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Oops!

I probably should have clicked the link before replying.

How embarrassing.

top topics

join