It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Danger Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
According to Strauss-Howe generational theory, there has been identified an 80 year cycle in American history. Check it out here:

Strauss-Howe Generational Theory

Do you want to know why it is a bad idea to have a totalitarian Executive Branch with total surveillance? Because it becomes way too easy to take political prisoners, which are basically defined as those whose ideals are different, but legitimate, than the political party in power.

So think about this - how radicalized is American politics right now? Extremely radicalized. Democrats think that Republicans are evil, and visa-versa.

Who wants to live in a country where being arrested is completely and arbitrarily based on who the President is?

I mentioned the generational theory, because let's take a look at what happened back in 1933.

"Around the world, many people approached 1933 with bright hope. New U.S. President Roosevelt promised an end to economic suffering and Germans pinned their hopes on rising politico, Adolf Hitler. However, the mutation of dream into reality did not always meet the citizenry's expectations. The newly empowered Nazi regime expressed its ideals by consolidating authoritarian control over Germany, banning books and imposing martial law, to the chagrin of peaceful nations."

"In Germany, Hitler finally succeeded in being named Chancellor, and active prosecution of liberals and Jews began."

It really doesn't matter. Obama could do it. A Republican President going after bankers (which was a big reason Jews were targeted) and liberals could do it. Is this what anyone wants?
edit on 4-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Dont forget Executive Order 9066.

Japanese German and Italians interned, even though they were Americans. The Supreme Court had no problem finding executive decisions, Constitutional. Regardless of citizen rights.Sixty-two percent of the internees were American citizens...........

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah it is true, it has happened in the past and that was a situation where Japanese people were taken and thrown into camps without any effort being put into discriminating between those "worthy" (a.k.a. Japanese spies) to be there or not. It was a mass sweep and arrest. When they returned to their homes, they often found them abandoned, in ruins, looted or owned by someone else.

These days, what group is going to be mass arrested? Who knows? White men? Liberals? Conservatives? Gays? Muslims? Libertarians? Christians? Atheists? Critical thinkers? Bankers? The press? Whistleblowers? It could be anyone.

Those labels represent a fairly rounded survey of the populace, and the sad part is, any one of those could be targeted using the current political climate + the current legal system.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I'm pretty sure with all the complaints about the African American Community (Ala Trayvon Martin Fiasco) I'm pretty sure we are seeing many potential scapegoat should a New Nazi Regime arise.

Hey Dark Blake I recommend you read the book It can't happen Here. the story is basically about what happens when a Nazi Style Fascist government came to power in an alternate 1936.

In fact the book is very eerily prophetic even though it was created in the 1930s

In fact here is an article about the book itself:

"It Can't Happen Here" by Sinclair Lewis is a political novel focusing around a folksy, self-conscious plain spoken Southern politician named Berzelius "Buzz" Windrip rises to power during a period of profound unrest in America, appealing to the "common man" of the American voters. At this time (in a very pre-World War II setting) the United States is facing a slew of its worst existential crises to date, and the American people, once sunny, confident, and striving, are now scared, angry, and disillusioned. Buzz Windrip appears to be a regular guy, personable, easy to get along with, and reasonable. He claimed to want America to be whatever one wanted, the land of the free and the brave, better than all others. Guided by his secretary Lee Sarason, he cozies up to the electorate by stoking their disdain for fancy ideas and encouraging them to follow their hearts, not their minds. When Windrip is elected, all hell breaks loose. The dissent is crushed, the Bill of Rights is gutted as he stacks the Supreme Court, blame is placed on foreigners and war is declared (on Mexico), and "rehabilitation" (labor) camps are established to help shore up Windrip's vaunted "New Freedom," which toted the beauty of American freedom and branded anyone who disagreed or even questioned the President, as anti-freedom and anti-America while quietly killing freedom. Article Source: EzineArticles.com...

Google it and you can read for free

edit on 4-8-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I'm in another thread where Obama supporters dont really care if EO's are used or not. They believe that there are "rules" and "laws" that Govern them. How sadly mistaken they are.

edit on 4-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh, they are sadly, sadly mistaken. And the tides will turn and they will be destroyed by the very structures they have created. Humanity needs to learn one lesson, and only one:

That ignoring one's suppression of others will always come back at one with an equal and opposing force. That is what drives the cycle I mentioned earlier, and that cycle is just going to get more and more destructive as technology advances.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

I'm pretty sure with all the complaints about the African American Community (Ala Trayvon Martin Fiasco) I'm pretty sure we are seeing many potential scapegoat should a New Nazi Regime arise.=

Thank you! I will read this! And this is exactly correct, the Democrats are setting up and walking into their own trap, I could easily see a Nazi regime (with similar policies to Hitler: taking out the bankers and liberals) rising in response to the over-radicalized liberal agenda, just coming in and being like

"Thanks Obama for the Executive Orders, Homeland (German origin by the way) Security Forces, gutting the constitution, and awesome surveillance measures. Thx & Bye"

I don't do well in any extremist climates, especially if they are totalitarian, be them liberal or conservative.

But just take a look - that is the direction it is escalating in. No one is saying, "Look guys, we need to sit down and become more moderate, and work things out with the other party, and accept opposing views."

No one in the government is saying "Look, we need to curb back these ridiculous executive powers before they get out of hand."

At least no one that is being listened to. I'm not really sure what the point of pointing this out is, as I don't think it is going to make any difference, but I kind of hope that people learn their lesson one of these times around. It might happen after this particularly nasty cycle.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Thank you, by the way, Star Wars! You are very correct about one possibility of where this could be going.

top topics

join