It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could A Department Of Peace Worked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This question and suggestion is not something some modern touchy feel good tree hugging types came up with it has a long history going back to the formation of these United States,we glory in blood and war but what if the founding fathers had created a Dept Of Peace.

1793: Dr. Benjamin Rush, Founding Father (signer of the Declaration of Independence), wrote an essay titled "A plan of a Peace-Office for the United States".[1] Dr. Rush called for equal footing with the Department of War and pointed out the effect of doing so for the welfare of the United States in promoting and preserving perpetual peace in the United States. First published in a 1793 almanac that Benjamin Banneker authored,

en.wikipedia.org...
Follow the wiki link there is a long series of Pols who had pushed for this the latest was the quirky Dennis Kucinich

Please understand I am no shrinking violet I believe in a proper defense but I also believe in balance and really who in their right mind not tied to the military industrial complex want to constantly go to war,the United States have not seen a decade without military conflict somewhere around the world these may be low intensity wars and every ten yrs or so we go high intensity don't you think an equally funded respected Dept of Peace would bring us greater prosperity and security than the Dept Of War??..added note Sweden haven't had a war in some 200yrs
edit on 4-8-2013 by Spider879 because: Add more info

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
peace is not good for business if youre in the bomb business

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
How could THEY profit from a department of peace?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hi Mods sorry this was meant to be in the other political section and not breaking news.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
peace is not good for business if youre in the bomb business

Yes but that's because they are short sighted I bet we could prosper more if we focus our efforts on problem solving,there is exploration of space and all the goodie spin off technologies that would come from that, building cities on or under the oceans trans port systems that could get you from NYC to Japan in an hr all kings of useful stuff without the constant bleeding, over population would take care of itself because the wealthier and long lived a population the less kids they have.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Spider879 because: fixing

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Isn't the State Department supposed to be filling the role of 'Department of Peace'?

I say we go back to World War II standards of naming things. DOD goes back to the War Department, which is accurate. State becomes Dept. of Peace, which is also accurate.

Then give the two plenty of ranged weapons and they can fight each other over the Potomac. It'll be great fun and a show for the tourists. Of course, Peace won't win ...but that's just adding authenticity, right? lol
edit on 4-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Isn't the State Department supposed to be filling the role of 'Department of Peace'?

I say we go back to World War II standards of naming things. DOD goes back to the War Department, which is accurate. State becomes Dept. of Peace, which is also accurate.

Then give the two plenty of ranged weapons and they can fight each other over the Potomac. It'll be great fun and a show for the tourists. Of course, Peace won't win ...but that's just adding authenticity, right? lol
edit on 4-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Not really they are tied too closely to the DOD,but I agree we should call things what they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The peace of department won't be as profitable as it should be, as long as their soldiers and obligatory wars their will never be a peace of department. If wars are more profitable than the peace of department there won't be a peace of department?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomJoseph
The peace of department won't be as profitable as it should be, as long as their soldiers and obligatory wars their will never be a peace of department. If wars are more profitable than the peace of department there won't be a peace of department?

But what if the unwashed masses demand it to be so..or we no longer believe in the power of the people are the masses truly azzes??

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

The people don't know there true power and if there ever is we should get rid of the mind set of starting wars for profitable reasons. What is actually the land of the free if there is no peace. Anarchists? I think people trust their governments too much. Authority doesn't equal instant trust for me and that's why the masses will be washed and th people will never have the power they deserve. However, if they demand it to be so the public should if they do it right be able to get a department of peace for the future.

top topics

join