It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange - Great article in NY Times re Google & the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I can't see this posted anywhere else, it's a piece written by Julian Assange on Google and their view of the future, but he (in my opinion) quite rightly points out that what they're talking about is a vision of hell for most of us.

Well worth a read:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
just read the article. I have been on the fence about Assange since the beginning....but no matter if hes the real deal or a deftly controlled and manipulated piece of a giant puzze....this article is spot on about the real, present, and coming danger we all face from these monstrous organizations........

as an aside....i have dialed back my google usage by about 90 percent....switched to ixquick for almost everything.....and on my to do list to try some others as well.....its about habit and education.....spread the word......put this giant down.....before its too late.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by instigatah
just read the article. I have been on the fence about Assange since the beginning....but no matter if hes the real deal or a deftly controlled and manipulated piece of a giant puzze....this article is spot on about the real, present, and coming danger we all face from these monstrous organizations........

as an aside....i have dialed back my google usage by about 90 percent....switched to ixquick for almost everything.....and on my to do list to try some others as well.....its about habit and education.....spread the word......put this giant down.....before its too late.

I'm self employed, I design websites for people and do SEO (search engine optimisation), and it's getting harder and harder to earn money online.

This is not because Google are "winning the war on spam" as they put it, but because every time they do one of their updates it smashes genuine businesses into oblivion.

All of the spam is still their, at the top of the results, as are the huge corporations, but the mom and pop businesses, the ones that are really the backbone of the economy and society are being systematically destroyed.

This should come as no shock when one of Googles founders has said publicly that he considers any website that earns money from free traffic from Google as "theft from Google," in other words for every $Dollar you earn Google want a slice of it as well.

The only option for companies who's web presence is destroyed by Google is to pay Google for advertising, but it's so expensive because Google are so greedy, that it is unworkable.

So here, in a time of great austerity, where the internet could help to share the wealth between real businesses run by real people, Google are actively pushing all business to huge corporations like Amazon (3 of the 12 Google board members are ex Amazon), forcing the small guys to hand over their earnings to Google or go out of business (which they will anyway if they pay Googles extortionate rates).

The "don't be evil" motto is laughable, they ARE evil, and think about this - if Google control 80% of web traffic, and they are in bed with Amazon and the like for searches with commercial intent, then Amazon & co get to share 80% of all online business for the products they stock, between themselves.

No doubt these huge corporations pay Google a hefty amount in advertising & fees for this wonderful deal.

We are going to end up having no choice but to buy from huge corporations, who will overcharge us for everything, while at the same time employing us all on wages that are less than the living wage.

We really are all slaves, and we're going to be screwed forever.

join