It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple wins reprieve from Obama administration over US iPhone and iPad ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Apple will be allowed to continue selling older iPhone and iPad models in America after the US government intervened to overturn an import ban won by rival Samsung."

Source

This just stinks to high heaven Apple and the US government working together. I can see apple using PRISM into their handsets and why would Obama be interested in helping a big corporation hmmm.
edit on 8/4/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Might be that Apple was in the list of corporations supporting NSA PRISM spying. So now they ask for a favour from obama to veto the ban on their phones from the courts. This shows that the dictator has more power than people thought. And to now find out that even our traffic in the UK are being diverted to the data centres in US to NSA as our GCHQ are cahoots with each other. Its the corporations that are in control and they are the puppet masters of the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I had to use the Quote command as for some reason the EX-TEXT button isn't working sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl

Apple will be allowed to continue selling older iPhone and iPad models in America after the US government intervened to overturn an import ban won by rival Samsung."

Source

This just stinks to high heaven Apple and the US government working together. I can see apple using PRISM into their handsets and why would Obama be interested in helping a big corporation hmmm.

I don't get your concern. Can you explain how this has anything to do with the NSA?

The ITC ruled the devices violate a patent essential for 3G services that is held by South Korean rival Samsung Electronics; because they are assembled in China, the import ban would end Apple's ability to sell them in the US. Under normal circumstances, such patents must be licensed under "fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory" terms, but in this case Samsung has taken the matter to court.

?

Why does it stink? Sounds to me like the ban was from samsung and apple conflicting over technology surrounding how 3G operates between their devices.

At least from reading that article, despite reading "import bands" and not really knowing what that means.

edit on 4-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Are you sure you quoted/sourced the correct article? I see no references to anything of the like.

I see an old grudge between apple and samsung.

You can type [ ex] [ /ex] tags also, or whatever tag you need when posting also, if the buttons don't work!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Are you sure you quoted/sourced the correct article? I see no references to anything of the like.

I see an old grudge between apple and samsung.

You can type [ ex] [ /ex] tags also, or whatever tag you need when posting also, if the buttons don't work!

Thanks for the answer to the ex text problem. Also I don't have a grudge with apple or samsung I am concerned with the government intervening with the import ban. What's the point of having courts then obama comes along and vetoes the ban. Plus Apple is on the NSA PRISM list so yes I do see a pattern I just don't know yet what will unfold.
edit on 8/4/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl

Source

I don't get your concern. Can you explain how this has anything to do with the NSA?

The ITC ruled the devices violate a patent essential for 3G services that is held by South Korean rival Samsung Electronics; because they are assembled in China, the import ban would end Apple's ability to sell them in the US. Under normal circumstances, such patents must be licensed under "fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory" terms, but in this case Samsung has taken the matter to court.

?

Why does it stink? Sounds to me like the ban was from samsung and apple conflicting over technology surrounding how 3G operates between their devices.

At least from reading that article, despite reading "import bands" and not really knowing what that means.

edit on 4-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

If you read this you will see that Apple are also on the list supporting NSA
Source

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Source
edit on 8/4/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: added source

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Are you just trying to attack Obama? He doesn't run the ITC or the courts. I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Are you just trying to attack Obama? He doesn't run the ITC or the courts. I don't get it.

You haven't read my other posts have you. Apple have done the US government a favour and now Apple is asking Obama to repay that favour back. Also if you have noticed in the news that Apple will be making their phones in the US so of course Obama wants the import ban lifted so he also gets money & NSA gets more people to spy on. Apple should rename their iphones " spyphones "
edit on 8/6/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

join