It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 (X) Navy seals against 100? 200? does not matter bring it on!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Whenever I hear about AMERICAN heroes... I always question who exactly did they have invade their country and they fought and fell?

We had a war with Libya?

OH YOU MEAN THE INVASION of another country and they fell whilst getting attacked by the people who wanted to protect their families and their homes...

We invaded Libya?

just sayin... gimme a break...

No Problem.

Take a 15 minute break. Hell, take an hour...........

edit on 4-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

I think the definition of Hero is 100% and entirely about the individual and their actions in the moment. It isn't about the cause they did it for or why they were there to start with.

Charles Manson could be a hero....if, by stroke of fate, he were the guy faced with the choice and then ran into a burning cell or building to get a correctional officer out alive. That man's detested almost universally by those who know the case well....and yet?: I would never take that from him, IF he did such a thing at this point in his life.

I'll say the same thing about the enemy we fight now. They are basically the scum of the earth, in my view. The Taliban and AQ street fighters. Not much lower in morality or values. Yet, if it came out that one broke from the pack to commit an act of remarkable self sacrifice JUST to save the lives of others? Grudgingly, I'd have to admit, even one of them earned the title.

Taking the heroic actions of men to say they aren't of value due to the reasons or circumstance they were there is a real diversion from the whole point, IMO.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ERagerzBeing a disabled Vet myself I agree on the bravery ..

By they way.........as for the remark that I presumably hate Christians? Well - inasmuch as I am an observantly devout Catholic lets just say that I don't have much room on my theological workbench for the heresy(s) of Protestantism with its adherence to the false doctrine of "Christian Zionism" -so-called- if that's what you mean by "Christian" i.e. - ..............................does it really show?

I don't have much knowledge into this ancient Christian sect conflict which I thought mostly existed during the Jacobean Era, through to the 1930's, but thanks for clarifying that it is still real and actively fomented. You will be able to shift that ardor into a war with militant Islam, very soon. Enjoy.

I would also urge you to resist the temptation to make that legacy religious sect conflict thing a cause célèbre influencing your politics and research diligence; as it can sway your objectivity. Moreover, eventually we as a culture will have to cease the habit of conflating Zionism/Big Oil with the right of the rest of the World to defend itself against the global evil of militant Islam. They are separate things.

Thanks for your service and sacrifice, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
While Woods and Doherty fought valiantly against a larger force, they weren't the only two there at the compound. There were other personnel there also.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ERagerz

its really not that crazy to believe.... have elite soldiers holding a defensive position against a loot/mob mentality "terrorist".

I really just think all the troll hate comes from US being mentioned.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Woods and Dougherty had been members of Seal teams while in the Navy... At the time of their unfortunate deaths they were employed by a British firm as "contractors" which is the new terminology used to describe mercenaries... They were being loyal only to themselves for the big bucks they were being paid...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Here you go, the reason why the seals can pull off such things...

They were very well trained..

I missed the part where they were teaching pump-n-dump, electric shocks to genitals, sodomy with handy objects and the like.

www.denverpost.com...

Afghan bodies found buried outside former U.S. base By Sangar Rahimi and Rod Nordland The New York Times
Posted: 06/02/2013 — For more than seven months, Naimatullah hunted for his two brothers. He agitated with the U.S. and Afghan authorities over their disappearances, dug fruitlessly around the outskirts of a former U.S. Special Forces base where they were last seen after being taken into custody and organized protests.

Interesting that at least one of the victims had his feet cut off.

There can be no personal integrity or honor while serving with troops under a regime that tortures and murders. I'm amazed that people can be so disconnected between these murders and drone murders and still keep babbling about honor and waving the flag.

The reality disconnect is about as total as it gets.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Woods and Dougherty had been members of Seal teams while in the Navy... At the time of their unfortunate deaths they were employed by a British firm as "contractors" which is the new terminology used to describe mercenaries... They were being loyal only to themselves for the big bucks they were being paid...

Maybe money was the total of their motivation. It's possible. But I get the distinct impression that many of these troops are as addicted to the excitement and adrenaline as they are to the money.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ERagerz
reply to post by 727Sky

The stunning part of this story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction.

I do not believe a single word of your entire post..........2 CIA + 60 dead terrorists???? Ha - Prove it............!!!

edit on 4-8-2013 by ERagerz because: (no reason given)

i have no doubt that two extremely well trained men can do this.
ever hear of Audie Murphy. and what he did in WWII, with out any special training at all.

here is just a two breif reports.

The U.S. Seventh Army under the command of Lieutenant General Alexander Patch was the initial amphibious landing force for the August 15, 1944, Allied invasion of southern France, known as Operation Dragoon. The 3rd Infantry Division was now under the command of Major General John W. O'Daniel.[52] At 0800 military time, they came ashore on Yellow Beach near Ramatuelle[53] with the first wave of the assault.[52] They began to move inland through a vineyard. As the 3rd Platoon progressed toward an incline, one of their own light machine-gun squads got detached. German soldiers began firing at them, initially killing one and wounding another. Murphy ran out alone to locate the lost squad and led them back to the unit. He then used the retrieved machine gun to return fire at the German soldiers, killing two and wounding one.[53] When he relinquished the machine gun back to his own men and took up a new position, he was joined by his best friend Lattie Tipton.[53] At that moment, two Germans exited a house about 100 yards (91 m) away, and feigned surrender by waving a white flag. Tipton believed it to be a real surrender gesture, and made himself visible, beckoning to the German soldiers to come towards him. He was immediately killed by machine-gun fire coming from within the house.
I remember the experience as I do a nightmare. A demon seems to have entered my body. My brain is coldly alert and logical. I do not think of the danger to myself. My whole being is concentrated on killing. —Audie Murphy, To Hell and Back[54]

Murphy advanced alone on the house, impervious to the German fire being directed at him. He wounded two, killed six, and took the others as prisoners. His actions that day took approximately one hour, during which he had killed eight German soldiers, wounded three and taken eleven prisoners.[53][55] For these actions, Murphy was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross.[56][57]

The Germans made a direct hit into a M10 tank destroyer, setting it on fire and causing its crew to abandon it.[86] Murphy ordered his men to retreat to positions in the woods. He remained at his post alone shooting his M1 carbine and relaying orders with his telephone, all the while the Germans aimed fire directly at his position.[87] Murphy mounted the abandoned, burning tank destroyer and began firing its .50 caliber machine gun at the advancing Germans, killing a squad crawling through a ditch towards him.[88]
It was like standing on top of a time bomb ... he was standing on the TD chassis, exposed to enemy fire from his ankles to his head and silhouetted against the trees and the snow behind him.[86]
Eyewitness account of Pvt. Anthony V. Abramski

For an hour, Murphy stood on the tank returning German fire from foot soldiers and advancing tanks, during which he sustained a leg wound. He stopped only after he ran out of ammunition.[86]

As if under the influence of some drug, I slide off the tank destroyer and, without once looking back, walk down the road through the forest. If the Germans want to shoot me, let them. I am too weak from fear and exhaustion to care. —Audie Murphy, To Hell and Back[89]

He rejoined his men with complete disregard for his own wound, leading them back to successfully repel the Germans. Only afterwards would he allow treatment of his leg wound, and still insisted on remaining with his men.[86]

...during his indomitable one-man struggle, Lieutenant Murphy broke the entire attack of the Germans and held hard-won ground that it would have been disastrous to lose.[85]
—Eyewitness account of Sergeant Elmer C. Brawley

Murphy killed or wounded 50 Germans while standing on the burning tank. For his actions, he was awarded the Medal of Honor and the Legion of Merit

Audie Murphy

no don't ever doubt what one or two men can do.

edit on 4-8-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

no don't ever doubt what one or two men can do.

I have no doubts about what you are saying regarding people such a A Murphy and others - true heros.

The point being made by this poster was that I do have doubts about the story as outlined in the OP's original post.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Mark Lavin talks a little more indebt about what happened...

Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, who were members of a CIA security team.
www.ijreview.com...
QUOTE:
When the Benghazi consulate came under fire, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty reportedly requested to intervene to suppress the attack. This would be in line with their tasked mission. As numerous reports surfacing now show, requests for military assets to be dispatched to the consulate were denied, on multiple occasions.

New accounts from FoxNews and other sources suggest that Woods and Doherty intervened regardless of unconfirmed orders to stand down. The men were heavily outgunned, but may have killed as many as sixty of the attackers.
One of the best sources for what happened that night comes from Mark Levin, who provides a fact-driven account of how Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty are not mere victims, but national heroes. END QUOTE:

www.ijreview.com...

Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff: 'We Never Received a Request for Support from the State Dept' on Benghazi

QUOTE:
“Why didn’t you put forces in place to be ready to respond?,” Senator John McCain asked the general.

Dempsey started, “Because we never received a request to do so, number one. And number two, we –”

McCain iterrupted, “You never heard of Ambassador Stevens’s repeated warnings?”

“I had, through General Ham,” responded Dempsey, referring to the commander of AFRICOM. “But we never received a request for support from the State Department, which would have allowed us to put forces–”
END QUOTE:

www.ijreview.com...

What the Obama administration had characterized on numerous occasions as a “spontaneous protest” over a relatively obscure, poorly made anti-Muslim YouTube video, was actually an assault conducted on the consulate by Libyan militia bearing rocket-propelled grenades and mortars. The former SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were said to have killed as many as sixty of the militants before succumbing to mortar fire. Requests for military support were turned down multiple times.[/ex]

For all those who posted in support of the thread thank you. For those who called B.S. and propaganda believe what you want but the general consensus is they killed at least 60 in defense of the consulate....I understand there are those who can not conceive of such bravery and mission goals...If Tyrone and Glen had not been taken out by mortar fire...... IMO if the ammo held out they would have killed a lot more due to the defensive position they chose...Clear field of fire and good concealment....seems to work in most cases.

Amazing the hatred and vitriol expressed by some of the members on this board; and just because someone was in the military does not mean they have ever been in a firefight; pushing paper does not equal pulling a trigger in a life or death situation....but hate America seems to be popular by some....I do not agree with many of the policies of our government either...But the military is sent into harms way by the elected American government who tells the Commanders to accomplish a goal....In other words the military is assigned certain task by TPTB, they give their time and in some cases their lives to preform the task..Yes wouldn't it be nice if all the army's of the world laid down their weapons and went back home to their loved ones...until that day comes you should give a grateful prayer there are those like Tyrone and Glen who will do what they knew was right regardless of the bungling politicians...

edit on 4-8-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

edit on 4-8-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm curious. Do the recent reports about the larger number of CIA employees (I believe the number of around a dozen was cited) make the conflict a little less one sided? (I.e. only 12 v. one or two hundred as opposed to 2 v. one or two hundred?) Do we know if these other guys were involved in the firefight at the same time?

Either way, this is an incredible testimony to the guts, courage, and training of the US personnel on the scene.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ERagerz
reply to post by 727Sky

The stunning part of this story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction.

I do not believe a single word of your entire post..........2 CIA + 60 dead terrorists???? Ha - Prove it............!!!

In light of new revelations it may be that many more were engaged at one time against the attackers.

It also may shed light on why Doherty was said to have been "lighting up" a target with a laser for air support. Wouldn't be surprised if later revelations say that air support was on station.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

My god that sounds like something out an action flick. Respect for these men, true soldiers till the day they died, and whoever else stood up for those trapped within the embassy
edit on 4-8-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

From what I have read (someplace?) there were one or two? Drones on station that could not get permission to fire in support...It was a FUBAR situation which stretched all the way back to the state department and all the alphabet agencies there in. But that is for another thread that I have no interest in starting......Due to the two X-Seals efforts there are at least 20 Americans who lived that night who were trapped...If I would have to bet I would say they are thankful for the two guys who sacrificed themselves so they may live......It does not matter if we should have been in Lybia, the enemy were freedom fighters, USA was in the wrong, Allah willed it, etc etc or anything America does in some peoples minds "is bad" We are talking about two guys who through their efforts killed people attacking Embassy personal and did all they could to brunt the attack. Sorry some just can't wrap their minds around valor and duty...

Don't worry by the end of the next election cycle you will have more unqualified leaders acting like "what does it matter" on national T.V. and many will by it...

No doubt there was more going on behind closed doors than what we have been lead to believe....I would like the truth myself, but in todays world with the political leaders all on the CYA bandwagon my wishes will probably not be fulfilled.

I know I am glad all my military and NSA B.S. is behind me and by knowing what I know now.....like I indicated, "just glad it is all a distant memory" that I refuse to lose sleep over......There really is something dumbing people down IMO.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky

Amazing the hatred and vitriol expressed by some of the members on this board; and just because someone was in the military does not mean they have ever been in a firefight; pushing paper does not equal pulling a trigger in a life or death situation....but hate America seems to be popular by some....I do not agree with many of the policies of our government either...But the military is sent into harms way by the elected American government who tells the Commanders to accomplish a goal....In other words the military is assigned certain task by TPTB, they give their time and in some cases their lives to preform the task..Yes wouldn't it be nice if all the army's of the world laid down their weapons and went back home to their loved ones...until that day comes you should give a grateful prayer there are those like Tyrone and Glen who will do what they knew was right regardless of the bungling politicians...

Sums it up.

Well said.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I still think they were running guns.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
TRUE STORY BRO

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I have no doubt you are correct and it is still going on today..... arming those that will one day turn those arms against U.S. personnel or our allies...But hey the government has a plan...a little collateral damage "NO BIG DEAL" as long as TPTB remain in power to carry out the plan..

"WHO CARES" says the next possible president of America; sorry, must have been taken out of context or was misquoted even though many saw the words come out of her mouth..Give the girl a break and anyone who brings up wrong doing is a raciest or a woman hater....been hearing that misdirection for a while now and I doubt it will change anytime soon....Does not mean all fall for it....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join