It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don’t think anything will come of the “supposed” upcoming terrorist attacks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How come it is only the U.S. Intel agencies that are on this? Where are the other countries Intel agencies?

And speaking of Intel agencies, why are they crying “WOLF!” now when everything else they do is cloaked under secrecy?

I think that this is all just more smoke and mirrors. I see only two scenarios as to how this Administration is dealing with this.

The Administration that is responsible to keep us safe hasn't got a clue as to what they are doing. They are now in panic mode trying to figure out how they can spin this to their political advantage. After declaring earlier that AQ is next to dead, they have been resurrected as zombies?

Or maybe it is another "crisis" to draw attention away from the many scandals that could very well result in the impeachment of Obama? (Though we all know that will never happen to him, though I would love to see it)

Now if this Administration were to actually be dealing with this threat, we would be seeing a crap load of drone strikes and raids across the world.

If there is a successful attack on one of our embassies, it will be in Indonesia. That embassy is not shutting down. It's in the most populated islmic country in the world. No threat there?

Oh wait...there is more to fear....Doooooom!

abcnews.go.com...

They're everywhere, they're everywhere!

edit on 4-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a little 'ol ETA

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If i was an Illuminati boss i'd be considering getting rid of Obama. I know he's just a stooge but if i wanted WW3 to kick off soon i'd have him assassinated on tour in the M.E and blame a Muslim. All hell would break loose.

Please keep in mind this is just a thought, not my belief.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I was wondering the same thing myself this morning, with all this new information being released on Benghazi and whatnot, I have to wonder if it is ploy to justify their actions.

The CIA accused of gun-running to Al Qaeda, yet there are claiming it is an Al Qaeda terrorist threat for shutting down embassies.

Or the guns just fell into the wrong hands.

And now I hear intelligence agencies are upset that this administration leaked to much information, I recall a member suggesting this was going to happen.
townhall.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

But the MB are the good guys according to this Admin. They only want freedom.

Yea...they want the freedom to whatever they want to others without any repercussions.

Blowback works both ways.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Stormdancer777

But the MB are the good guys according to this Admin. They only want freedom.

Yea...they want the freedom to whatever they want to others without any repercussions.

Blowback works both ways.

speaking of

In his first interview since the overthrow of President Mohammed Morsi last month, Egypt’s commanding general sharply criticized the U.S. response, accusing the Obama administration of disregarding the Egyptian popular will and of providing insufficient support amid threats of a civil war.

‘‘You left the Egyptians. You turned your back on the Egyptians, and they won’t forget that,’’ said an indignant Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, speaking of the U.S. government. ‘‘Now you want to continue turning your backs on Egyptians?’’

www.bostonglobe.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I was wondering the same thing myself this morning, with all this new information being released on Benghazi and whatnot, I have to wonder if it is ploy to justify their actions.

The CIA accused of gun-running to Al Qaeda, yet there are claiming it is an Al Qaeda terrorist threat for shutting down embassies.

Or the guns just fell into the wrong hands.

And now I hear intelligence agencies are upset that this administration leaked to much information, I recall a member suggesting this was going to happen.
townhall.com...

right...it's just a ploy
....republicans would be holding dozens of congressional hearings if this was ignored, blaming Obama for any injuries or deaths at these embassies, and calling for his impeachment......yeah, just a ploy

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Don't know what to tell ya jimmy.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You must remember that for any of these hearings to have any impact in regards to impeachment, they must have majority support. They don't have that and never will. No one wants to be on the side that impeachs the first black president.

I personnally think that Obama could be caught on camera gunning down Zimmerman on the White House lawn in cold blood and he would skate. He was just "Standing his ground" after all.

I do think this is a political ploy. I don't think anything will come of these supposed upcoming attacks. When they don't happen, I think that he'll go running around to all the networks saying, "Oooo, Ooo! Look at what I did! I prevented them."

And when asked for proof that this admin did prevent them, we all know what he'll say.

"That's classified."
This Admin is a joke.

And I did say I "think" that they will not happen. They may, I hope not and I don't think they will.
edit on 4-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

this threat warning is just a rouse so they can justify spotting on all Americans. I'm watching meet the press right now and the first question asked was did the nsa spy program give you the information about this serious credible threat, and he said yes, so now they can go you see we prevented this major threat by spying on all Americans., so you see we protected you through this spy program

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Terrorist can be good guys if they serve the interest of the US, according to this video.

US supplying weapons to al-Qaeda in Syria

youtu.be...

But it is this same terrorist organization that we are closing our embassies for,

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Don't know what to tell ya jimmy.

oh, how about...let's put the blame of terrorists attacks to our embassies, on the actual terrorists, you know like republicans did during 9/11, with an attack on our own soil killing 3000+ Americans.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That's the issue I have with some people here.

Let's assume for a minute that a terrorist attack does occur.. It seems impossible for a % of ATS folks to believe that their are bad , violent or evil people that exist outside of the US Govt. So to that kind of person it means any attack that does occur is either : A false flag or a Govt Op..
I am not saying that more, unknown to the common man,bad then good is not done by the big bad evil empire but that doesn't mean that other organizations\countries aren't capable, willing or do not have the means and initiative to do so.

Also for people here to think they have any sort of visibility into the reality of the Intelligence world is sort of silly. What the Govt and Media report tells a fraction of the story but I hope we all know that.

Finally the title of this post is a bit misleading. I have not seen any article, link or interview that says upcoming terrorist attacks are a sure thing. What they all said was the threat was imminent (ready to take place at any time), the timing was ripe for something to occur. Fear mongering works both ways.

"The location of that threat, the department said in a bulletin, is "particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula."

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am pretty sure nobody is faking anything to try and distract a few fringe people on the internet.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=16758640#pid16758640

TY, Senduko

Supporters of the Taliban and al-Qaeda in Afghanistan have been getting U.S. military contracts, and American officials are citing “due process rights” as a reason not to cancel the agreements, according to an independent agency monitoring spending. “I am deeply troubled that the U.S. military can pursue, attack, and even kill terrorists and their supporters, but that some in the U.S. government believe we cannot prevent these same people from receiving a government contract,” Sopko said.

The 236-page report and Sopko’s summary provide one of the watchdog agency’s most critical appraisals of U.S. performance in helping to build a stable Afghanistan as the Pentagon prepares to withdraw combat troops by the end of next year. The U.S. has 60,000 troops in Afghanistan, with plans to reduce the number to 34,000 by February. President Barack Obama hasn’t decided how many to keep in the country after 2014 to train Afghan forces and engage in anti-terrorist missions. “Anti-terrorist missions.” Like what, rewarding them lucrative contracts? An audit showed that after 16 months, none of the agency’s essential program objectives have been reached and the money spent has mostly financed workshops and training sessions.

The project is aimed at bolstering Afghanistan’s government before troop withdrawals planned for next year. “It’s troubling that after 16 months, this program has not issued its first community grant,” Sopko said.“Rather, it has spent almost $50 million, about a quarter of the total program budget, on conferences, overhead and workshops.”Regarding the 43 cases of contractors with militant connections, Sopko said the Army should “enforce the rule of common sense” in its suspension and debarment program. “They may be enemies of the United States but that is not enough to keep them from getting government contracts,” according to the agency’s report. Someone’s definitely lining their pockets... and it’s not just the “terrorists.”

her sources

www.zerohedge.com...
www.bloomberg.com...

Al-Qaeda Backers Found With U.S. Contracts in Afghanistan

Hello!! it is just the fact we seem to be supplying them with arms.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

TY, Senduko

Your post does nothing to refute any counter argument against the fake title in this post.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My bad. Deleted.
edit on 4-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA upon further reflection

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Let's assume for a minute that a terrorist attack does occur.. It seems impossible for a % of ATS folks to believe that their are bad , violent or evil people that exist outside

And when i out the bad people that exist, which I do, outside the U.S. I get the same grief.

I have started topics on human rights abuses and then people get angry with me for that.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

TY, Senduko

Your post does nothing to refute any counter argument against the fake title in this post.

what fake title?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

TY, Senduko

what fake title?

Your title basically implies that you expect something to happen because of the way its being reported which is why you say you don't think anything will happen.

Personally in reading the various chatter about possible threats I have taken one thing out of them.. Conditions are right for the possibility of an attack. My saying I think something is going to happen would be as incomplete as you saying something isn't going to happen.

As for your other posts..It's ridiculous if people gave you a hard time on other threads, I wish they hadn't. Some people here refuse to believe their is any evil in the world unless it's tied to the American Govt, Military and Intelligence Community. I hope you continue to make posts for both sides, I would much rather read and debate topics like this with someone logically then read the extremes of either end.
edit on 4-8-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I don't have a title.

But yes, I have many post, and have started topics, and was called some pretty harsh words because of them.

But let's think about arming the bad guys< do you agree it has been done?

And not by just this administration?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join