It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPS confiscates healthy girl from parents who smoked pot, gave to murderous foster mom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This thread is not about the efficacy of pot. It's about a child being taken from a family who was breaking the law which puts the responsibility on the parents who disregarded their child's safety knowing their actions could result in CPS actions. Everyone who is the least informed knows you don't do drugs with kids around.

Let's take this out of the United States. Let's make it some other issue and see if the same idea I am presenting applies. Let's say we move to an area that you are not allowed to walk around in shorts no matter how hot it is. If you do so or allow your child to do (not saying the kid was smoking pot, but she was in the same environment the smoke was) so it is known the government will take the child and place them in a very bad foster care system. Do you say, "Screw the law, I am going to do what I want" and then blame the government?

I guess you showed them how stupid their law is and you can repeat that over your child's grave in your self indulgence righteousness as you visit her on the anniversary of her death every year. I'm sure you will feel like you did all you could to lovingly care for her.
edit on 5-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: added my explanation in ( )

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
Everyone who is the least informed knows you don't do drugs with kids around.

Thats a broad use of the word everyone.... people smoke cigarettes around children they drink alcohol around children they drink tea, they drink coffee they drink coca cola, hell they give that to the kids, red bull too, all contain "drugs" people take pharmaceuticals around children, we prescribe SSRI anti depressants to children, so please dont tell me what everyone does, because its the least informed that shout loudest about things they know nothing about.
Just saying.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

You are mistaken, it is the very core of this and all discussions on "pot", how is it not? This is exactly why it's been demonized and made to look like the worst substance on the planet when that is the furthest from the truth.

So we should continue supporting lies? Wow.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.
Thomas Jefferson

Exactly!!

One small phrase sums it up nicely.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Marijuana prohibition is the greatest tragedy of our time.Destroying lives all over the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr

You are mistaken, it is the very core of this and all discussions on "pot", how is it not? This is exactly why it's been demonized and made to look like the worst substance on the planet when that is the furthest from the truth.

So we should continue supporting lies? Wow.

Thomas Jefferson

I bet they feel so comforted that they stood up to the Big Man now that their daughter is dead. I don't like it either, but I would not risk my child's mental and physical health to stick it back to the government on this issue. I guess pot is that important for this family. It's not my Waterloo.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I do not support people smoking weed any where near a child. (exposing them to smoke and all that) That said, is it really worth the trauma of ripping a child away from otherwise loving parents? This is CPS's fault, not the parents. The parents are only idiots if they continued to smoke after she was taken away. I hold CPS 100% accountable in this. Foster parents should be held to a higher standard and be investigated thoroughly.The social workers should have been more vigilant.

No it isn't worth the trauma. That's why responsible parents realize this
is the case before hand and from my experience at child rearing.
It's the easiest thing in the world to keep CPS away from the front door.

What the hell is wrong with everyone ? I look at that little girl and I'm
stupified at the whole calamity. But even tho I do not know her,
I put her above everything else. And must restrain myself
from judging anyone who doesn't. If her parents were right CPS
would never have seen her face. i would've packed and left.
Anything but hand her over to those pedophiles.
if she were mine I'd declare war. And I wouldn't be nice
about it.
edit on 5-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"Do you know the laws of the jungle ?"

I live in Glasgow I dam well should do by now.

"Would you let your child play on the serengeti while you
got stoned ?"

My kids are 7 Months and 6 years so even when the older one plays down the back I or my partner are at the window constantly watching. You don't get stoned in front of your children, everyone knows that's wrong!

"I know you wouldn't, so don't take that the
wrong way."

No problem, i'm quite thick skinned! LoL

"But this in my mind isn't about the right to
smoke weed, tobacco is better than beer what have you."

Its about the right to go about you life without your government judging you for possession of what amounts to a herb then abducting and murdering your child by default while at the same time importing producing and taxing tobacco and alcohol though is it not!

"And obviously possession is 9/10s of the law."

So they say.

"Unless your the law"

In the land of the blind the one eyed Man is king! Kings make laws, I do as I please within reason. If that makes me wrong in society's eyes then its society that's blind.

Now on that note i'm off to walk the Dog and appreciate some greenery before snack time.

edit on 5-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I must have missed it, please, where did it say they stood up to the man?

They were victims, paint it however it helps you sleep at night, look into no knock raids while you are at it perhaps these people were standing up to the man as well, right.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Now that is a fair point that I for one wont be disputing.
But its okay to look back in hindsight and make judgements, but honestly who would have thought the child would end up dead?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Originally posted by randyvs

Now that is a fair point that I for one wont be disputing.
But its okay to look back in hindsight and make judgements, but honestly who would have thought the child would end up dead?

Yes! I despise child protective services and think nothing good comes from them. I know there are terribly abusive families out there who could be torturing and doing all number of heinous things to their children, but CPS has a terrible track record! Knowing that, I would not give them one reason to knock on my door... EVER! I am selfish about keeping my children safe and out of the hands of strangers.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Granny Storm Crow, seek her information out and learn, it's more than a recreational drug, way more.

It brings relief where all other methods have failed.

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

I am amazed that you all cannot at all see that the parents were not doing the smart thing here.

But go ahead and absolve them of anything that might have contributed to their child being removed from their home. I might not like laws about pot, but I sure do have enough wisdom to not literally beg the state to take my kids by abusing drugs.

I will admit that it was risky. It is not a risk that I would take. I can see how a person might consider it stupid. I don't agree but I see where you are coming from on the intelligence assessment.

However, if the authorities can take our children away for doing stupid things we might as well all just turn them over as soon as they are born.

If your gripe is that they are doing something illegal, I doubt that you are that squeaky clean yourself. Have you ever been caught speeding? Heck, forget being caught. If you are driving over the speed limit you are endangering yourself and others. If there are kids in the car you are pretty stupid, AND you are breaking the law, Besides, I consider speeding far more reckless than what those folks were doing in the privacy of their own home while their kid was asleep. The social and legal priorities here are completely unhinged.

edit on 5-8-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I still do not understand. Did CPS take the child for negligent supervision? Or for smoking pot? The news station simply said negligent supervision and then they said the father admitted to being a pot smoker at that time. So it is still not clear to me what happened that deemed the case as negligent supervision. Was the kid left alone for a long time or found wandering the streets by herself? or what?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Now that is a fair point that I for one wont be disputing. But its okay to look back in hindsight and make judgements, but honestly who would have thought the child would end up dead?

Why do you think I would have left ? Just tearing a child away
from the only security they've ever known, is enough to kill the
person that child would have been forever. It's murder any way
you fill out the forrm.

Doesn't anyone see that, just because you finally, after years of being
under a microscope,you do get your kid back. Just because she/he
has a pulse doesn't mean their not just as dead. so right off the bat
not taking that into consideration is nothing but evil on the states part.
Evil is evil no matter the disguise. I don't want anything evil even close
to my kids or anyone elses. I would kill or die for any little kid on the
planet just to keep them safe. I get so peed off and hurt at topics like this.
i gotta stop.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

"Now that is a fair point that I for one wont be disputing."

I don't think anyone round these here parts would dare and rightly so!

"But its okay to look back in hindsight and make judgements, but honestly who would have thought the child would end up dead?"

I hope you don't mind me answering that one. Maybe the same people responsible for the removal of the child in the first place. The CPS and Social Work Dept!

I mean what he hell is going on? Dont they run reliable background reports on these so called foster carers before placing a child with them?

What's the deal collect 3 tokens from the back of the local rag and receive a foster child?

Or are they far too busy criminalising Cannabis to do there jobs in the appropriate manner? One has to wonder.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

"Now that is a fair point that I for one wont be disputing."

I don't think any one round these here parts would dare and rightly so!

"But its okay to look back in hindsight and make judgements, but honestly who would have thought the child would end up dead?"

I hope you don't mind me answering that one. Maybe the same people responsible for the removal of the child in the first place. The CPS and Social Work Dept!

I mean WTF is going on??? Dont they run reliable background reports before placing a child with a foster carer?

Or are they to busy criminalising Cannabis? One has to wonder.

Yes I know, I have been following the failings of the care system for a long time, mainly here in the uk, but have also learned of some of the exact same problems in the USA, the real problem is that this has been going on for decades, maybe even over a century if you count child labour and debtors prisons and work houses. Lessons have never been learned, and often the scandals involve very powerful politicians who are literally untouchable and above the law. The care system is grossly underfunded, it is designed to fail. If the care system was efficient then the evil paedophile child killing scumbags wouldnt be able to operate in secrecy. We will still be hearing about scandals 10 and 20 years from now and past that.
The CPS will take children at any opportunity, this case highlights that fact. But when a child is really being neglected by their parents, they leave the child with the parents. Ive seen it time and again. Hpw many times am i going to have to hear about another child killed by their parents and the failure of the care system(after many chances) to prevent it.
Only last week parents of a child who they killed at 4 years old, were sentenced to life, he was systematically tortured, fed salt as punishment, his body was like an emaciated concentration camp victim, the parents told the school he had an eating disorder, but flags were raised when the boy would arrive at school bruised and yet again the child protection failed to protect. He finally died after a blow to the head, after having suffered probably his whole poor life.
then there is the case publicized a couple months ago, a baby was punched so hard it actually tore the childs intestine.

Not to forget baby p or baby peter.

So before people start shouting that smoking some weed is child abuse, they might want to put some things into perspective.

edit on 5-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by randyvs

"But a lil understading ? WTF ?"

Obviously I mean a little understanding from Social Services regarding the parents smoking Cannabis. In my opinion there was never any need for the little girls removal. Just because the kids parents smoke weed does not make them bad people or require Social Services intervention.

Junkies on the other hand should have there kids put in care or removed to safety for the sake of the child. Where im from they get to keep them. Such is the way the world spins im afraid!
edit on 4-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Actually, any child in an environment of neglect should be taken care of. Regardless of any vice that the parents engage in. Even if they're devout christian god bothering prudes with bibles up the butt and halos, but who neglect their kid... Remove the kid until such time they prioritise.

It doesn't make a person anything, their choice to imbibe a thing. What does make a person something is their choice to continue to do something to the neglect of their responsibilities. Be it meditating 14 hours a day or baking cookies or drinking aged whiskey. Or toking.

And you don't get more of a responsibility than being the carer for the next generation of adults who will have input and control over this world. Every single parent is different, and every single situation is different.

This is where these ridiculous laws fail, and fail miserably. Cannabis users are the new Aborigine. Remove their children because.... we, as superior humans know better, and they're just not worth the words they speak.. effectively is what they are told.

edit on 5-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I love that the feds can't leave pot heads alone but will leave Banksters who launder money for Mexican cartels and Terrorists alone.

What's it gonna take to remove these criminals?

That is the billion dollar question.

And as the lower level populace who see the problems, we can come up with the answers, but it will never change anything. I heard yesterday that there was a government operated family support clinic in a local shopping mall about a decade ago. It was set up so that parents, mothers in particular, who felt they were struggling to cope, could go in and get support. It worked. It was placed well, in a shopping area where it would be visible to someone who may not have otherwise known to look for such a service.

It was effective. BUT as it was government operated, it was a not-for-profit organisation, and could not ask for any payments for services. It had to be an equal opportunity service and as such open to everyone.

So the govt. said "Oh hey this works great. Lets close it down."

The government do not care about working policy. Only protecting their own self serving interests.

What appears to be, is. And that's all they care about. If the public are content with crap, the government will happily supply crap. If it involves a little bit of financial loss or actually involvement beyond bandaids, forgedaboudit. And all you need to do is look at any person or individual or group who has GOOD intentions who tries to participate in this game of politics, to see how they are ostracised and maligned and basically kicked in the guts at every opportunity to dissuade them from bothering.

If you're not a bastard, you can't win the game...

edit on 5-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Smoking 'pot' isn't bad at all..Hell I used to smoke it for 8 years, nothing wrong with it at all..Most business men smoke it
*shh* haha.

Smoking when the kids asleep, nothing wrong with that at all..
most people that are against pot, never used it them selves..or just aren't mature enough to smoke it.
Hell, Bush even smoked pot when he was president! ha, Look at some of his video's he totally looks blazed!

Anyways, on point..If the girl is healthy and happy and family has a good income, I think CPS should Fk off and focus on people using harder 'drugs' or abusive people and for goodness sakes, do more research on people you're going to give the kid too..How fked up do you have to be to give a nice kid to that disgusting foster mom..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join