It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens an actual threat to humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i mean i have seen this videos of people just taking apart aliens whether it is fake or real but i mean they look scared. If for any reason they would wanna attack us is because we take them apart while they are still alive sometime. right?

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Video of us taking apart live aliens? I've not heard of such a thing.

Let's examine the concern though...

1. They seem to have been able to (at one time at least) slip through our air defenses at will.
2. They are trying to remain secret from the public.
3. They are routinely sighted near sensitive military installations.
4. There are numerous reports of them abducting / mutilating humans, and livestock.
5. Their technology is more advanced than our own.

This doesn't add up to a feeling of goodwill and benevolency my friend....
We are dealing with a threat. As much as I'd prefer to be an optimist here...the facts suggest otherwise.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
oh. But like we have guns and we probly out-number them so like if there was a war would we win? And what kind of things do they have that we dont?

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
at this current point, there seems to be one of three states of being:

1. We are at a stalemate. We've developed sufficient weapons to at least make them think twice about attempting to conquer us.

or...

2. They simply don't want to conquer us, but instead see us as some kind of lab animals.

or...

3. They do plan on revealing themselves, and as benefactors (but the evidence, as previously mentioned, doesn't support this).

How do you know we outnumber them? Maybe their planet is bigger than Jupiter, and they can mass a million motherships? What if our guns bounce right off them? What if they have weapons we have no defense against? (i.e. ever see Independence Day)

My personal belief is that we have reached a stalemate. The UFO flap that happened shortly after detonating the bomb, was directed primarily at military targets. At some point, we must have developed some way to counter the threat, and started shooting some down. This resulted in a planned meeting, and an uneasy treaty (which has subsequently been broken), but we lack the means to make war on them (i.e. attack their planet), so must content ourselves with defense.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
man now i'm gettin scared, if something really happen's where they come and invade us where would we, where would we hide????

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hide? hahaha.

Die fighting.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
actually yeah your right if there was a war between aliens and us i will die fighting i will get everything i can carry and unleash some may ham!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My "informed opinion" on this is:

1, the vast majority of UFO sightings on the planet (at least recently) are NOT extraterrestrial in nature, but are likely human built X Craft

2, We have a much more active space program than what is made public, including an active moon program, and at least an "attempted" manned mission to Mars. I do not know that this "attempt" was unsuccessful, and if so for what reason, although it does appear to not be due to a technical reason that is easily rectified.

3, The past and current media campaign regarding UFOs as extraterrestrial in nature is 2fold. A, as disinformation to divert attention from current human technological abilities and projects, and B, as conditioning for some future program involving the general public. Because of the general negative nature of this campaign, well, draw your own conclusions.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wait a second...

All of the things aliens have been 'known' to do indicate neither a good or bad motive behind their actions. True, aliens abduct people against their will and penetrate human airspace... but they also try to erase the memories those people have of their experiences (so as not to cause them psychological harm) and have not, and I think it's obvious that they have NOT doen this, attacked or enslaved the human race.

The bottom line is that aliens may be both good AND bad, or neither, as their entire psychology/mentality is, by definition, different than ours (at least in substantial ways). Our concepts of good or evil may have no meaning to them.... while we, at the same time, may be doing things that they consider very immoral. And, no, this isn't just a 'cultural relativity' thing... they may very well have NO real grasp of how abductions scare and harm people.

If they were just here to use us as lab rats for genetic experiments they would do so... I'm sure a civilization that could fly 40 lightyears (or whatever) could toast the combined forces of Earth in five seconds... then take all the human 'samples' they want... No, my guess is that their actions are akin to the USA's actions in the third world-----that is, overall, the USA elevates the technological and humanitarian level of the nations it befriends, giving a better life to the majority of people in the world, yet, at the same time, it also makes deals that keep shady people in power in places that are powder kegs.

If the aliens were falt-out evil or cruel this message board would not exist and we'd all be in a lab somewhere or digging Element 115 out of the crust of Zeta Reticuli 1C

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yep, yep...

If we go into a war that we can actually contend with them, as dragon said they could probably toast us in 5 seconds...but!

If they couldn't and we went into armed combat... (Our M4 Carbines and AK-47's, even though a bullet might not be as advanced as a laser! It gets the job done!) So if they wanna mess with us: In the immortal words of Bobby Bushea from "The Water Boy" Starring Adam Sandler:

"Im gonna open up a can of whoop-ass!" On them alien scum lol
Hopefully they are friendly though, because we might be able to learn from them. Also, they might not know that humans can be determined, hehe, if they are really threatening to take us over, I think that all of man-kind would fight for our planet. But, let us think about something here:

Since all the countries are fighting over terror groups, and land, etc etc...if aliens attacked us, I personally think that the human race would recognize, just that, that we are ALL humans, living on ONE planet and we should all get along and keep what is ours. Im basically saying that if our planet was threatened by outsiders, that all humans, no matter what race or background, would fight for one thing....the Planet
Thank You

*Applause from crowd after making rally speech*

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
*In redneck voice*

I Ain't gonna surrender to no alien scum, youngin! Ima go down fighting sonny..Win, or die trying is ma sayin, boy! To War!!!

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There was a line in "War of the worlds" that went like this:

"If they can reach the heavens, then shouldn't they be that much closer to god?"

Although unpopular, my belief is that Extraterrestrials are Angelic in nature. Perhaps they are the Seraphim...or maybe even the Nephilim. Who knows?

But I do believe they exist. My grandparents admit to seeing one when they were picking up my mother from a sleepover. (Of course, this was in the early 70's) They told me that the ship hovered above the power lines on the highway and made no sound. Now, I tend to believe them, since they aren't the type to make things up. (Matter of fact, they are skeptics when it comes to most of this other conspiracy nonsense)

Let's look at it this way, if they were evil, we would have already been destroyed by now. OR perhaps we are living in some sort of real-life version of John Carpenter's "They Live"

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
However, I disagree with others on the whole "they could wipe us out in 5 seconds" theory.

Just because they have at least one invention we don't? (an Interstellar drive). Sorry, I don't buy it. Their first mass "visit" was directed almost solely at military sites (and not just in the US, do the homework) and political sites...including a swarm over the White House (the second best coverup job since Roswell), and the "visit" seems to be triggered by us sending out a wake up call the first time we detonated an atomic bomb. (Not that they hadn't scouted us out before, but never on this scale before, -late forties)

"but they also try to erase the memories those people have of their experiences "

It seems that the aliens desire maintaining secrecy as much as the government does. It's serving their own agenda, not an act of good will. Besides, given all of the abduction accounts, they really do such a good job at this, don't they?

No, something happened to change the balance of power. What this was, there doesn't seem to be much evidence of, but there is evidence of a clear s-h-i-f-t of gears in 1948. Then, the evidence picks up a little bit, and it seems there was a meeting and an agreement struck. What the tradeoffs were, are still pretty sketchy, but it seems to be a deal in which they would provide technological assistance, and we would ALLOW abductions, but only if we knew who, and if they were returned with no memory of the experience. They sold us out, but really, they had no choice, the aliens would have done abductions covertly anyways, and while we seemed to have the technology to counter a massive invasion....we could not eliminate lone ships carrying out abductions.

It became apparent that they were abducting more than they claimed, and that more were remembering their experiences. It also became clear that such things as impregnation, and removal of fetuses, etc. were taking place, in addition to some abductees not being returned. Some kind of altercation took place, and a new treaty was struck, but a seemingly more uneasy treaty than the first, and that seems to be where we are today....

[Edited on 20-5-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Why was the Iraqi Information Minister such a joke?

Because he lied to cover up what was obvious.

I can see it now, "The Reticulan ships are nowhere near Earth, they are not even past Pluto. Our guided missiles CAN shoot down faster than light ships that are immune to cosmic rays. Their planet killing, artificial black hole creators cannot work near Earth. God will save us!!!!"

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
1 = Aliens are not good for any reason
2 = The only reason were alive is because were not a threat
3 = We live only to please them
4 = The aliens have introduced themselves to a numbered few. Although I think that as of right now, they control all aspects of our lives. But humans work better when they think they are in control or don't see impending doom.
5 = Aliens have gotten to be as powerful as they are for one reason, greed.
6 = Humanity still has one chance, that is to beat them at their own game, Like it said in the matrix, "they are the gate keepers and they hold all the keys, but..."

That last "but..." represents humanities will never to give in.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
"I can see it now, "The Reticulan ships are nowhere near Earth, they are not even past Pluto. Our guided missiles CAN shoot down faster than light ships that are immune to cosmic rays. Their planet killing, artificial black hole creators cannot work near Earth. God will save us!!!!"

Again, only if such assumptions are correct. They likely (according to most thinking), don't use faster than light travel, but instead space folding. Thus, cosmic rays wouldn't be a problem. Also, this would not be an effective way to "dodge" missiles, as it seems to take some time to effect (otherwise, we wouldn't sight them at all, as they'd simply vanish in a heartbeat). Do you deny that they have crashed in the past? Or that they have been shot down in the past? Why ascribe god-like powers to them? I don't get it.....

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think the video you are referring to is the old one where they take apart a grey, it was well-designed and well-shot, it was even thought to be real for while, but it was a hoax, i watched the entire video and the "making the autopsy"
Rather funny that they fooled all those experts though

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
YES...........

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
OK........that was not an answer.......or was it???

No really.........Threat as in be alarmed that they will come and blow us up........NO

Actual threat as in to our ''minds''???
YES..........

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Gazrok,
Ok, I never have believed that they actually fly the 'straight' way via continous acceleration... I imagine they must use some sort of artificial wormhole technology... however, the implementation of such technology is, in itself, a demonstration that they either are far more technologically advanced than us (and can thus do things like that without expending titanic amounts of power) or that they have an almost unlimited source of energy. So far as propulsion goes, comparing a 'warp' (or shall we say Lazar:roll
drive to a liquid fuel rocket is not like comparing a jet engine to a piston one... at the time when jet engines entered standard service, the 'theory' behind them had been worked-out for decades. Though there are theories about how humans could find natural wormholes and use them for interstellar flight, there are no theories about how we can, with our manufacturing/energy limits, create artificial ones. At best, we are on the verge of Ion-Electric rockets (which, in themselves,a re a major advance), but nowhere are there any indications that artificial 'warp' is around the corner for humans.

As for crashes: Yes, I believe that they crashed at Roswell (and some other places), and that earth militaries have been able to interfere with UFOs through the use of directed radar... but even space shuttles, 747s, and nuclear submarines crash. Kayaks, on the other hand, have been around for thousands of years... and fewer people die in kayaking accidents than in plane crashes every year.. so, could a fleet of kayaks destroy the US Navy?

I concede that I have no idea as to what types of weapons they use... but I think that an inter-stellar flight is, in itself, a profound demonstration of power.

If, perhaps, there is a NATURAL wormwhole somewhere in nearby space, and the aliens are really only using it to get around, then we may very well be, as you argue, within a few centuries of their tech level. Astronomers, though, haven't detected any eveidence for a nearby black hole/wormhole. But, who knows?

new topics

top topics

join