It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 6 Jolts Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

A strong earthquake has shaken northeastern Japan in the same region devastated by a giant tsunami and temblor 2.5 years ago.

The Japan Meteorological Agency says the quake was centered near the coast of northeastern Japan, and shook a wide region, including Fukushima and Iwate prefectures. There was no risk of a tsunami.

www.hindustantimes.com...

I hope this doesn't exacerbate any existing problems at Fukushima. Msm not really reporting yet.
Thoughts going out to the Japanese.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I stayed up to see if someone would post this. Fukushima radiation doubled? Just waiting to hear some more news. Guess we won't hear anything real for another year, or so.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Couldn't believe it hadn't been posted yet? It happened over an hour ago. Had to dig into google to find the story. Maybe a media blackout occurring?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

That's the worst thing about the situation at Fukushima. There still in Japan.

Thanks for posting.
edit on 4-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Its a bit late now to worry about fukishima,radiation counts have been well above alert levels all over the u.s.a for months now and are still rising. Check for yourselfs,thats if you can understand the government websites. Nether mind they can just raise the exposure limits again.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

There are news every day, just not changing news as the clean up is a very slow proces, the msm has nothing special to report other than work is continuing and high radiation in the area.

RSOE is reporting more or less daily, about events at the site or area.

Click me

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
Its a bit late now to worry about fukishima,radiation counts have been well above alert levels all over the u.s.a for months now and are still rising. Check for yourselfs,thats if you can understand the government websites. Nether mind they can just raise the exposure limits again.
But, do you have any source that connects and proves those readings to Fukushima incident?
edit on 4-8-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Www.enenews.com

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by Mianeye

Www.enenews.com
I am lazy to, please quote the proff

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Being a part of the Pacific 'Ring of Fire' it's not a great idea to be building nuclear plants in Japan.

Disaster zone waiting to happen.

They should be going all-out for ocean wave energy; it's not like there's a shortage of ocean.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Even more unsettling is the recent earthquake activity in Wellington, New Zealand. The pacific ring of fire is just not settling down at a all.

Earth changes appear to be unfolding in slow motion right under our noses and nobody is playing much attention to any of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It feels like people are not really talking about it but a lot of people know about it. Ppl here don`t talk about it openly during business hours.They speak up in the morning and sometimes in in the afternoon. NHK can sometimes be slow to report updates or they only skim by it. All the Japanese who are very well informed are reading foreign press newspapers.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

It's rather hypocritical for the US to point a finger at Japan - when it was a GE reactor, and the US has all kinds of plants on fault lines, and we bury radioactive material on fault lines and along waterways also (I realize you need a waterway for "cooling").

I just thing that the thought that nuclear anything was safe is very short-sighted.

They should have figured out a way to neutralize radioactivity before they started building all of these things.

Some people I know think we should just "shoot radioactive material up into space" - Ha, Ha! - Then wait for it to rain back down us in some unforeseen way?

PS - I do realize that a lot of things in nature are also radioactive.

I really feel for Japan and this catastrophe - and the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Well, the superman 4 plot is actually not that bad of an idea. I do wonder the actual effect it would have on the sun. I mean, an all the sudden extremely high increase in radioactivity and heat could cause anything to happen.

I doubt much of it would return to earth. The sun would completely atomize all the nuclear material as soon as it got close to the sun. The fall out would be beyond anything we could dream up.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by Happy1

Well, the superman 4 plot is actually not that bad of an idea. I do wonder the actual effect it would have on the sun. I mean, an all the sudden extremely high increase in radioactivity and heat could cause anything to happen.

I doubt much of it would return to earth. The sun would completely atomize all the nuclear material as soon as it got close to the sun. The fall out would be beyond anything we could dream up.

I don't believe anything man made fired from earth would have any significant effect on the sun.

top topics

join