It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science does it again: Big Bang going out the window?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Scientists.............lol. Once again an Epic fail. When will they learn that they know nothing.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's not correct to say we know nothing about the universe, but neither is it correct to say we have or are even near a complete understanding of it. My thinking is that we understand a great majority of the LOCAL reality - the one we live in and can reliably observe. It's the OUTSIDE reality we do not understand because we cannot reliably observe and create theories for it. What this news seems to show is that our observations, if it proves to be a genuine discovery, are expanding outward. As our observations expand, our theories will improve and our understanding will grow.

How much do we know about hte full universe or multi-verse? 4%? 20%? 90%? If there're other dimensions with other kinds of physics, we may be a long ways from even reaching 1%.

Maybe the laws themselves change with time. I don't think our current theories allow for the laws to change, but what if? If they changed, we may never have a complete understanding.
edit on 4-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GalaxyEyes

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Ta1ntedJustice

whats your stance on the big bang theory phage?
As far as I understand it, it makes sense. If that's the right word.

So in that case, you don't understand it.

The Big Bang theory never did make any sense at all and I have always believed they will eventually throw it out.

In a paper posted on the arXiv preprint server1, Christof Wetterich, a theoretical physicist at the University of Heidelberg in Germany, has devised a different cosmology in which the Universe is not expanding but the mass of everything has been increasing. Such an interpretation could help physicists to understand problematic issues such as the so-called singularity present at the Big Bang, he says.

www.nature.com...
edit on 4-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

When you say science and religion will unite, are you talking about our universe being a simulation and therefor requiring a creator?

A surprising amount of high level theoretical physicists seem to favour the simulation hypothesis but none have mentioned the implications of this.

edit on 4/8/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
it must suck being a scientist sometimes. knowing you'll never get answers to the universe. studying your whole life on something to find out in the end you were wrong . smh , this will happen many life times.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronPampa

Experimental Confirmation That The Universe Is Not Expanding, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Evidence Against the Expanding Universe Hypothesis Edwin Hubble did not favor the expanding universe hypothesis

For, in his writings Hubble consistently doubted the Doppler shift interpretation, always referring to the galaxy redshifts as “apparent velocities.” Hubble, in fact, favored the tired-light interpretation, the proposal that photons lose energy as they travel through interstellar space, finding that it offered a more reasonable interpretation of the observational data. However, he realized that to adopt this interpretation would require admitting that it was due to “some hitherto unrecognized principle in physics.”

starburstfound.org...
edit on 4-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

"Science just asks for one small miracle then they will be sure to take care of the rest" - McKenna

This quotes shows itself true more often than not.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

That 'paper' was a load of junk, even the OP realised that...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaeTheShaman
it must suck being a scientist sometimes. knowing you'll never get answers to the universe. studying your whole life on something to find out in the end you were wrong . smh , this will happen many life times.

Are you confusing 'scientist' with 'physicist'?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe

That 'paper' was a load of junk, even the OP realised that...

Still shows people are thinking beyond the one theory which is a good thing since it is also pure nonsense.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The terms are interchangeable since a physicist IS a scientist.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
! see no Big Bang, what i do see it an outflow leak in the fabric of space like the internal bleeding of a living entity made up of plaques and platelets or just a single drop of blood in a petri dish.

Time isn't infinite, just as the short lived numbers of our element chart, we and time shall burn up within a trillionth of a millisecond as if we never existed to begin with

we are merely somebody Else's science

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That's like saying all sportsmen are basketball players

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That's like saying all sportsmen are basketball players

No it is like saying all basketball players are sportsmen. Clearly.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

When you say science and religion will unite, are you talking about our universe being a simulation and therefor requiring a creator?

A surprising amount of high level theoretical physicists seem to favour the simulation hypothesis but none have mentioned the implications of this.

edit on 4/8/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

I believe the favored idea is that our own human race created the simulation of their history. Then the implications are clear.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

[
I believe the favored idea is that our own human race created the simulation of their history. Then the implications are clear.

Can you explain more or provide a link?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

they are slowly approaching my particular field of expertise.. inter-dimensional travel.

Really... You read the article and pulled out your Inter-dimensional travel card? It sounds like it's the beginning stages so i wouldn't start breaking out the party hats just yet. Also, it is called the Big Bang Theory for a reason, some new bit of data could come in and change it but so far it works pretty good i.e. it jives with what we currently understand.

V

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Been saying this for the last 10 years:

Scientists all think they know and have a lot of things figured it out.

However, 1 discovery can be all it takes to complete destroy the foundations of scientific knowledge, which then have to be re-considered, re-written.

All it takes it one discovery, that's why I take all scientific discovery, Einstein, Newton Hawking, everyone with a grain of salt

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

[

Can you explain more or provide a link?

BY NICK BOSTROM
Faculty of Philosophy, Oxford University

This is the general idea I have read numerous places. Thus we are essentially our own God at least in this simulation.

www.simulation-argument.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join