It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians - Metaphorical understanding of Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
reply to post by covertpanther

Just 1 more post before bed.

Your statements are totally incorrect.

Bible written by thousands of people.??...please, we know without doubt, it is a collection of 66 books, each book written by a person (and inspired by God..) This has been confirmed many many times. Look at the discovery of the dead sea scrolls in the late 1940's, it contained some of the oldest copies of scriptures we have...yet still totally accurate to what we have today....no changes (interestingly the book of Enoch states it was written for the people in the end times...was only discovered in the 1940's....cool eh? We knew of it but didn't have it).. There is no question about this. Many Non- Christians even understand this (they may not believe the contents though).

Where is Jesus? He is coming. The Bible says in the end times there will be scoffers asking 'where is your God' You have just fulfilled another bible prophecy without realising it. Well done. You have strengthened by belief. Not only that, you said it word for word.

We have to experience evil in order to know what the consequences of it are. That is the whole purpose of this life. If Jesus intervened each time evil was about to be committed, we would learn nothing. We would have no free will. We are responsible for our own actions, God does not 'let these things happen'. WE commit evil...MAN, US. We commit it and we learn from the consequences of it...or some of us do anyway. It is not up to Jesus to intervene until the end, just before we destroy ourselves entirely.

Good night.
edit on 4-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

My brother; its all WHAT YOU ARE TOLD. You are obedient, and take everything the controllers tell you, as fact, without questioning its reliability..

What are these 66 books (66, good number right? pretty much "number of the beast"), and have you read each one and proved to at least your self what they say perfectly corresponds with what the tampered-bible says? How do you know those 66 people have faith under the same god you do; even when your preyers (yup) goto Amun-RA?

Also you say "We have to experience evil in order to know what the consequences of it are. That is the whole purpose of this life" - which is BEYOND ironic because earlier you talk about how evil and wrong the snake is (which you refered to as khundalini)?

That was the PURPOSE of the serpent - to show the innocent souls; adam and eve - that there is more then jsut creator, love, harmony etc. .. And to open their eyes to the entire SPECTRUM "God" did not want them to see before.
If we relate on that last part for a moment; why god wouldnt want the children of light to eat the apple, and therefore see things for what they really are.. Because if God craeted everything and all things - then he must of created evil, duality, pain.. And he must of brought innocent souls from the highest state to the lower state (the flesh).

And this is probably why god would not want the children to see the full spectrum; but the serpent knew the spectrum God created - from evil to good, light to dark and everything in between.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

That was the PURPOSE of the serpent - to show the innocent souls; adam and eve - that there is more then just creator, love, harmony etc. .. And to open their eyes to the entire SPECTRUM "God" did not want them to see before.

True, but you also have to realize that with the serpent, you're allowed to be exposed to his lies too. That's part of the evil.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Brother.. My level of perception is higher then imagination and "Illuminati" which I never even used that word (?) ..

OP this is not information. I never said you used the word Iluminati.
I did use it, as another term for the same people you said wrote the Bible.
NWO, TPTB, etc. I refuted that claim with nothing but logic. And I
doubt you can prove your claim. And if you can't prove the Bible
was written by exactly who you say, then why did you say
something so far off the mark ?

Soulwaxer

OP hits the nail on the head in everything he writes!

The only nail OP hits is his fingernail.
edit on 4-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

How can I prove to you 2000 years of war, lying, destruction, burning churches/libraries, kings and queens and all there knights... Worked all in one, to force christianity upon the world?

Just read his-story guy. You follow the book, I FOLLOW MY HEART AND INTUTION. You should be the one proving to yourself that it is what you want to believe it is. I dont need to.

I have shared a few of my experiences in this thread. I have shared knowledge and truth. You christian-humans just shared demeaning and and passion for something you dont know the whole truth of.

What do I need to prove to you? Absolutely nothing. I am aware how to reach higher states, I have seen non-human beings. Shi* Ive seen spaceships around my home more then a dozen times. Ive seen and experienced things that shows, I dont need a Bible or a Jesus guy to get to high places.

As long as I seek truth, I radiate love vibration, and I spread both to fellow brothers and sisters of earth, as well as within the higher states of consciousness.. I'll be in what you guys call 'heaven'.

Have ANY of you christians reading this; experienced non-human consciousness? Have you experienced vibrating love frequency so radiantly your body shakes? Have you been in higher states of consciousness with profound experiences?

Or do you just wake up, feed your body, goto work, pray another day, and sleep? Hoping one day the King Christ will come and pull you into the sky?

Seriously my friends, its not a war on belief - its about understanding YOU, what you are truly made of - not a book, not another man whos name starts with "J".

Matter a factly; Jesus isnt his true name! Its the english version! Its not even a Hebrew! Aint that some shi* ..

Regarding my las post to greavseis - we exchanged on beings clothed in light.. YOU AND I ARE THOSE BEINGS! Beyond the flesh! How do you get there? What have I said for 5 pages now? HIGHER states of consciosness. No one can bring you there - if they could, you would of already experienced those states by now.

You have to climb the ladder yourself.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

As long as I seek truth, I radiate love vibration, and I spread both to fellow brothers and sisters of earth, as well as within the higher states of consciousness.. I'll be in what you guys call 'heaven'.

You may be reaching a higher state of consciousness, but it's not "heaven" and you're being lied to while you're in that higher state. That's why the Bible tells us that certain Pharisees we're spreading false information and prophecies that didn't come from God, but from other spirits, by doing exactly what you're suggesting.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Have ANY of you christians reading this; experienced non-human consciousness? Have you experienced vibrating love frequency so radiantly your body shakes? Have you been in higher states of consciousness with profound experiences?

If we didn't have our own experiences, many probably wouldn't stick with Christianity. However, our experiences come from the Holy Spirit and not serpent spirits.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Where did you get your information from? How do you know it is true? Do you not think you could be deceived....If not, why not?

edit on 5-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

honey i wont interfere with your thread

...but greater Nonsense i ve not read before

regards,

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And now here you are with a burning desire to elevate others to the heart chakra too. To share. That's understandable. So here you are making a big thread. But has it accomplished anything? Do you think you've said anything that a Christian can't hear elsewhere if and when they are ready to hear it? Do you think you've activated anyone's heart chakra?

Where is the payoff for your efforts?

Words and the internet don't need to be a part of mystical sharing. You don't need words to share or the internet to reach people, just as you don't need to take action to act.

Action through non-action - wu wei.

Do your sharing with the collective unconscious during altered states of consciousness, not with individuals on forums using mere words.

That's just my .02 cents.

edit on 5-8-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Take a breath, I grew up in the seventies ok my man.
You haven't come full circle and maybe you never will. I've seen
plenty who journeyed out and never came back. I've even
seen someone completely different comeback. I would only
go to where the light begins to get very bright and you start to leave.
But my breath would always draw me back. I sensed I shouldn't be fool'in
around right there and some kids in my class went to the looney bin.
Last I heard they're still there. Nope not for me.

Revise that. I only know for sure that one is still there.
edit on 5-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Take a breath, I grew up in the seventies ok my man.
You haven't come full circle and maybe you never will. I've seen
plenty who journeyed out and never came back. I've even
seen someone completely different comeback. I would only
go to where the light begins to get very bright and you start to leave.
But my breath would always draw me back. I sensed I shouldn't be fool'in
around right there and some kids in my class went to the looney bin.
Last I heard they're still there. Nope not for me.

Revise that. I only know for sure that one is still there.
edit on 5-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Many years ago, I worked in a psychiatric facility as an adjunctive therapist to help implement the doctors plans of recovery through activities and behavioral modification techniques. It was then that I got to see some very odd stuff and read, "People of the Lie". I had all kinds of notes in that book relating to the people I was witnessing. It is my experience that a lot of people in mental hospitals are there because of spiritual oppression and yes, on some cases possession.

I dabbled in the occult for a season which I am not proud of. I have experienced all kinds of astral traveling. On one occasion I was almost lost. I saw things in astral often as colors. It was not as I see with my eyes open. I learned to stay out of "red" areas. But, I found myself in this gray zone and little did I know, but I was drifting away. My friend who was a Stregha High Priestess was panicking. At some point, I sensed the pulling and then heard her as if down a very long tunnel. I finally came out of it, and she was obviously very relieved and I could then sense her panic! She told me that something had gotten my attention and no matter her telling me to leave it I followed on and lost contact with her. She said she was yelling at me and trying to get me to hear her, but she was afraid I would be one of "those". She apparently knew people who had gone off in the spirit realm and never returned or returned very messed up.

I was not on drugs. I simply learned how to astral travel and can still do it whenever I want. I don't willingly go there now, but I know in my sleep I am there. Why people think that beings on the "other" side are just love and light is beyond me. We are told to test the spirits. If they deny Jesus came in the flesh then they are lying and to not believe them.

I have experienced Divine Unity and oneness, I have bi-located, and practiced energetics for over 30 years. I know how hard it is to believe that just because you have had some incredible spiritual experience does not mean it's of God. If it draws you further from the truth of the true word of God then it's not of God. The greatest lie, is that you will become as God, and that is usually what this all comes down to eventually.
edit on 5-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: irp... spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Dear covertpanther,

Forgive me for being so personal, but I'm seriously worried for you, and this did it:

I FOLLOW MY HEART AND INTUTION.
You could not have chosen a more faithless and easily corrupted guide. When have people ever consistently made correct decisions based on what they wanted to do?

Follow your heart? Does it lead you to Gold, Sex, Pride, Hate, Anger, Excess, Laziness? It pulls at all of us to some degree. A person who follows his heart alone is following his passion, his wants at the moment. That's what animals do.

Mankind is God's greatest creation. The Deceiver wants to destroy that creation. Turning Humans into Animals is as good a way as any other.

You don't know me, and have no reason to trust me, but I will tell you anyway. Back off, stop it, you've chosen the wrong path, you are too valuable to throw yourself away.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

You may be reaching a higher state of consciousness, but it's not "heaven" and you're being lied to while you're in that higher state. That's why the Bible tells us that certain Pharisees we're spreading false information and prophecies that didn't come from God, but from other spirits, by doing exactly what you're suggesting.

How can you definitively tell him that it is not "heaven" and he is being lied to? Especially when you are so sure about some text that was written by biased individuals and re-interpreted by biased individuals over the course of history?

Sounds to me that if anyone is being lied to here, it is you for blindly believing in what men of faith tell you about how to understand faith. Faith is something every individual is supposed to question and discover for themselves. I'm not saying you need to find truth in Covertpanther's words, all I am saying is if you are going to argue truth with anyone...argue with the established church before anyone else. You may discover that what you have been defending all this time is nothing but a farce.

Originally posted by BlueMule

And now here you are with a burning desire to elevate others to the heart chakra too. To share. That's understandable. So here you are making a big thread. But has it accomplished anything? Do you think you've said anything that a Christian can't hear elsewhere if and when they are ready to hear it? Do you think you've activated anyone's heart chakra?

Where is the payoff for your efforts?

Words and the internet don't need to be a part of mystical sharing. You don't need words to share or the internet to reach people, just as you don't need to take action to act.

Action through non-action - wu wei.

Do your sharing with the collective unconscious during altered states of consciousness, not with individuals on forums using mere words.

That's just my .02 cents.

To be fair..

If he chooses to spread awareness through action and words on the internet we should be encouraging him to do so, regardless of any payoff or whether it truly accomplishes anything, rather than discouraging him.

One of the most difficult things to do in life is find truth and understanding through self discovery, and then muster up the courage to inform other people (especially online) knowing that the vast majority of people will attack you and your credibility instead of genuinely being receptive to it. You should be thanking him for being brave enough and taking the time to share his thoughts even if you do not agree with him whatsoever. By all means get your point across, but do it in a more positive manner if anything.

Btw, are you suggesting that people should only take action when there will be a payoff or some kind of measurable achievement? If so then I recommend you truly revisit your logic there...that's just my .02 cents.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

My friend; how great it would be, to be with all these people sharing this conversation in person. We could feel one anothers energy, and its much easier to touch base on things. Yes Im aware the text on a screen form of communication is limited and not enough for one to take things literally..

This is text on the screen is no different then text in a book. At least I have shared my present energy, experiences with you fellow humans. Which is more commune then anything, any of you had read in a book.

But you and some others are correct, it wasnt worth making the thread. And maybe I wasnt good at conveying what I wanted to, to my christian brothers and sisters.. The internet and computer text is deffinately limiting and frustrating. As one cannot fully reach out the way intended.

From here, everyone who has communicated with myself, and participated in this thread - I apologize for my frustrating behavior and going low at times. Its a vicious circle at times, I see that.

The end point I want to make:

We are all the same 'beings clothed in light' - who were brought into the flesh. It doesnt matter about jesus, god, serpents, satan or anything.. What matters is what you and I do individually, and together

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ExjKae

That was very sweet of you brother, I thank you for 'sticking up' for another brother

Your words are taken to heart, and appreciated, goodluck on your journey my friend

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear covertpanther,

Forgive me for being so personal, but I'm seriously worried for you, and this did it:

I FOLLOW MY HEART AND INTUTION.
You could not have chosen a more faithless and easily corrupted guide. When have people ever consistently made correct decisions based on what they wanted to do?

Follow your heart? Does it lead you to Gold, Sex, Pride, Hate, Anger, Excess, Laziness? It pulls at all of us to some degree. A person who follows his heart alone is following his passion, his wants at the moment. That's what animals do.

Mankind is God's greatest creation. The Deceiver wants to destroy that creation. Turning Humans into Animals is as good a way as any other.

You don't know me, and have no reason to trust me, but I will tell you anyway. Back off, stop it, you've chosen the wrong path, you are too valuable to throw yourself away.

With respect,
Charles1952

Any negative emotion or natural tendency you can list are all a part of being human. You would never be human if you couldn't feel anger, hate or passion. While I agree that an over abundance of any one of those can definitely be self destructive, simply having those emotions is not. You implying that he is an animal for trusting his own personal balance of emotions, is animalistic in and of itself.

You say that he couldn't have chosen a more faithless and easily corrupted path, yet what you fail to realize is that his passion for continuing to question and develop his faith by searching his heart and soul is what makes him strong and less prone to being corrupted by other people. It seems to me that a person like you, who gave up his passion for understanding to God, has in fact already "thrown himself away". Sure you don't have to worry about stumbling down a corrupt path, why? Because you have already been corrupted.

If you are too scared to spend your life discovering how faith should be understood by being true to yourself, by yourself, then fine. But you better check yourself before telling someone to back off or stop walking down a path that God himself has entrusted him to walk upon, you animal.

You don't know me, and have no reason to trust me, but I just told you anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You know charles; ravens are a symbol of a dark god, a god of war, named Odin. So you are one to talk about love and passion right?

Following your heart (chakra) means inutition - which is not your 'passions'.. My passion is knowledge and truth, I care not of the physical world as I care for being the most evolved spiritual individual I can be.

Intuition is where your inner feelings, guide you. Many are more sensitive then others. Many do not feel much at all, but put faith in things external because they have no faith of following their heart.

I will now disregard everything you just said

Thanks for showing up, brother.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

And now you're lying. Why? Because I bloody well say so.

...See how easy that is? You can accuse anyone of lying. It doesn't mean a damn thing unless you provide hard evidence that someone is lying. It's time to cough up your evidence or take a seat. I'm tired of people spouting all-important nonsense without a shred of evidence. We're supposed to change our lives because you're easily convinced? We're supposed to dedicate our lives to someone we've never seen or spoken to because you're gullible?

Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I do want to add something. Was reading on another forum, and adding some quotes, when it also dawned on me that the outer fundamental beliefs of those who aren't able to look under the hood easily, or are afraid to go against what their church says and think for themselves on certain issues, or their upbringing even....well, if one is walking in the footsteps of Christ, the outer story is the inner story. It shows how to attain Higher Mind in the world by our focus and behavior and learning from the Great Teacher.

But there are differences amongst people already, on what hell is, whether humans go to a permanent hell, reincarnation....these differences in belief and understanding could be found in the Hebrew faith historically, and it was very diverse, to Early Christians.

It really shouldn't matter, for in the end there is consequence, and being there for others in their need and making a difference in the life of another should be important whether one is fundamental or metaphoric.

“But now we are delivered from the Law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in oldness of the letter.” (Romans 7:6)

and

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law…but to fulfil.” (Matt. 5:17).

Two seemingly different passages yet here is a good way to look at this:

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

What did Jesus mean? Does this mean that since Jesus fulfilled the law, we don’t have to because he did it for us? No. Of course it doesn’t. Does this mean that you have to fulfill the law? Yes, it does, but not in the way you might be thinking. It’s much simpler than living Torah laws and codes. The entire Bible is a metaphysical document written in code. The stories are allegories to help you understand the evolution of your own consciousness! The entire Old Testament itself is a metaphysical code veiled beneath even the literal laws. The spirit of Christ fulfills every metaphysical law of the universe. That spirit is within you, and when you live from it by renting the veil over your own ego, you fulfill the law as well. That means you’ll be checked if you go to drink an entire pot of coffee day in and day out because you’ll become conscious of this attachment that stifles spirit....

It’s amazing how many Christians forget this important notion, and because of this, they fail to realize that the Christ of the New Testament was the SAME spirit that was available in the people before the time a man named Jesus walked the earth. If you have trouble believing that, then consider another verse by Paul as he talks about Moses and the Israelites:

“And were all (the Israelites out of Egypt) baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink; for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ” (1 Cor. 10:2-4).

Serving in “newness of spirit” then for Paul is not about following another man; it was evolving, manifesting, and then living the Christ within you! Many religious leaders and Christians feel they have authority based on New Testament doctrine, when the truth is that New Testament doctrine means nothing!

Galatians 4:19
My little children, over whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

I see that its an inner journey, but the outer Christ, the Teacher, shows the same thing. If someone is truly walking in his footsteps, they're not going to be lost. If they're harboring judgments against others and not attempting to overcome their flaws in order to be kind and good, then they're not following Him, but some earthly directive from a Church or authority or rationalization.

For Christ said to turn the other cheek, to visit those who are ill and those in prison. To Love the sinner and the saint alike basically. He didn't say go out of your way to endanger your family by keeping company with criminals or dangerous people, but he did say, that we're not to judge and to outreach and help everyone. For God is Love and Mercy.

The inner development of Christ, can also be achieved by walking in the outer Christ's footsteps.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You say realise - real eyes. This makes sense to you does it. This is how you justify your beliefs. By playing with modern English (which is a Germanic language by the way).

You make me laugh now. Im starting to 'real eyes' you must be pulling our legs. You cannot be serious!

Anyway, you haven't answered my questions...

Where do you get your information from? How do you know it is true? How can you be sure you are not being deceived?

I like you, you make me laugh.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The problem with this thread was using the words "Christianity", "Bible" and "Jesus".

People who believe in the ability to become gods themselves, don't understand the Bible or Jesus.

This is one of the problems I have with mysticism. It teaches people different "truths" as they relate to God and they are not consistent. They either think mysticism leads you to becoming god yourself, it leads to other gods other than Jesus, and some will even say it will absolutely lead you to Jesus.

Some label it as "Christian Mysticism", but I consider that to be an oxymoron since Christianity teaches that mysticism should not be practiced.

Besides all of the Old Testament scripture speaking out against it, when Paul led the Ephesians to Christianity, here was one of the first things they did...

Acts 19:18-20

18 And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.

19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Apparently, the Ephesians had a habit of practicing magical arts and here is one description of the types of "Ephesian Spells" that they would cast. In the link below, it specifically talks about how they cast demons out of people.

www.sacred-texts.com...

This is probably where the Bible verses below fit in...

Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Pagan practices were not supposed to be incorporated into Christianity, even though some may have made their way back in anyway.

Once again, the problem with mysticism is it's inconsistent "truths" among those who practice it due to never knowing what spirit you're actually contacting, which also leads to the misunderstanding and misinterpretation of scripture and the meaning of words in general.

edit on 5-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join