It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Join Joint US Naval War Games.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I can only hope this is a step in the right direction. Despite the posturing we've done against them, I think it's time we try to just set things aside and attempt a peaceful relationship.

Now, in reality, I know that's hard to achieve. Both sides have their daggers pointed at the others back as they embrace in a bro hug wondering if the other is either A) wise to their armed hand or B) going to strike them first.

It's a deadly game, but it could lead to better things. Or worse.

Posturing we have done against them?? Are you serious? Did you not see the map I posted?

China Threatens Japan
China Threatens Philippines
China Threatens Taiwan
China Threatens Vietnam

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It's because they are going to be facing three alien scouts in maritime warfare, you all saw the movie. Might as well have as much backup as possible.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

There's more:

BEIJING — No one can contain China’s rise, a leading Beijing foreign policy thinker said Tuesday, warning Manila and Tokyo that they had been mistakenly emboldened by Washington in territorial disputes with his country.

China is embroiled in a bitter row with Japan over disputed islands in the East China Sea, and also claims almost the whole of the South China Sea, where it has engaged in standoffs with Philippine forces.

At the same time the Obama administration is engaged in a “pivot” to Asia.

But Ruan Zongze, vice president and senior fellow at the China Institute of International Studies, said: “No one in this world will try to contain China and no one in this world is capable of containing China.

“Since the United States has adopted this new strategy of returning to the Asia-Pacific region, some countries have made the wrong judgement that the US will encourage them to challenge the sovereignty and territorial integrity of China,” he added. “

This is a misjudgement on their part.”

Read More Here

This is how China has become, they really think they're now invincible, "again".

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

But, but, but, 5,000 years ago China didn't conquer the world so they must be peaceful forever.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, not to make this a political debate, but what do you expect from our current PoTUS?

Well, to keep it strictly military and not political? I'd expect the President of the United States to at least ponder, if not outright ask the question why American commanders can't be present to check out Chinese combat command centers and how they wage war from the inside? They were just doing serious war games with Pakistan across the nation from where CIA runs drones (or used to) not that long ago.

Perhaps because he'd know the Chinese would never stop laughing or giving him hell for even asking such a silly thing. It does sound kinda silly, when put in reverse, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Let the GD games begin... I hate war and i hate war games as they exist today. The reality is the intent and the subliminal charge to create a scenario of fear and dissolution throughout mankind. And those who cannot see past this, will pay for it tomorrow.
edit on 6/29/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join