It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Superpowered Animal Senses You Won't Believe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is one of those
type of articles
WArning: cuss words.

Source

#6. Jumping Spiders Can See Four Primary Colors

That's because the fourth color they see is ultraviolet, which actually appears like an entire extra spectrum to creatures that can see it. Law & Order: SVU fans might recognize ultraviolet light as the stuff that reveals how many times the corpse was ejaculated upon. There are many things besides body fluids that would be perfectly visible if you had the eyes of a jumping spider.

I think humans will be able to imitate every trick any animal can do in the future.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The Mantis Shrimp is on the list, you might enjoy this:

"Why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal" by The Oatmeal

theoatmeal.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
The Mantis Shrimp is on the list, you might enjoy this:

"Why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal" by The Oatmeal

theoatmeal.com...

OMG...."OneTwoThreeDeath!!!"

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

I never heard about the mantis shrimp before until now. There's always something new and awesome out there, it just takes awhile to find it. I decided to check out some youtube videos of this shrimp, and found that this one. They really seem to get whatever they want.

Pretty hardcore....until I found this video not too long after...

At first I was like, "the heck is that thing? some kind of half squid half transformer fish floater thing?" Im really liking the cuttlefish all the sudden. (they can transform the shape of their body to....)

edit on 4-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
At first I was like, "the heck is that thing? some kind of half squid half transformer fish floater thing?" Im really liking the cuttlefish all the sudden. (they can transform the shape of their body to....)

They can transform. But not to a degree that is awe-inspiring.

Not awe-inspiring these days. But i know when it was discovered, it was Awwwwwwwe.
edit on 8-4-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
And people ask, "Why would aliens come here?"

Imagine having the genetic technology to splice some of these traits into your own DNA. Any species with that kind of technology would be interested in any planet with life. You never know what you might find.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

i got a nice little half inch scar on my finger from one of these little bastards. i used to have to take care of step dads salt water aquarium tanks and one of the tanks kept getting dead fish this was the cilprit it came in some life rock that was put in the tank a week earlier. life rock is a chunk of coral reef with stuff growing on it.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That was a fun (and funny read)!! Thanks, OP, I needed some laughing for a change.
S/F

Specially the butterflies. That is really amazing....
- the jumping spider, too - scary stuff.
edit on 6-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join