It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Fleet Docks In Cuba on Friendly Visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, that happened. Anything is pure speculation at this point. Let's not forget paranoia. Not feeling too good about this. My personal thoughts are this is over Israel. Sorry for the generic post. Still learning how to use this ipad.
rt.com...
edit on 3-8-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Okay, how do I get a flight to Havana?? Tourists will be able to visit on Monday? ARG! I've been on 2 U.S. Battleships, a U.S. Submarine and a U.S. frigate. I've never been on a Russian ship and would LOVE the opportunity. Shoot.

I need to find a job that will pay me to do things like that and write about it. That's what I need.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
While they're no friends of ours, I don't see a threat quite yet. In fact, let them be friends. Somebody should help Cuba. We (the US of A) still aren't exactly willing. But when aggression comes to surface, the it's time to start pondering military strategy.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Im surprised anyone is allowed anywhere near a high security prison with terrorists in it right now. Especially with headlines like this

But what do I know.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They're pretty interesting. I got to go on one of their ASW platforms. A lot different from a US ship. A lot of it just looks unfinished. It was outstanding in the mission (one of the best in the world at ASW), but it just looked like it was falling apart.

I always loved going on Russian equipment and getting to compare it to ours. Talking to some of their pilots, you wouldn't catch me dead on their aircraft though. Dear god the stories.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Maybe they're there in case Ed Snowden sneaks a flight out of Moscow and they just want to provide a little security.
I know, little chance of that.

Other reasons:
1. Putin ran out of cigars.
2. Getting ready to follow the next North Korean ship through the canal.
3. Wanted to see if Obama would try a naval blockade.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How about..."Life Styles of the Rich and Famous Wrabbits?"

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Rich and Famous rabbits? I think that's my associate bunny you're thinking of. Mr Beezzer. I'm among the poor and nameless crowd. Some wealthy contributor who wants really nice articles written about anything in the world can always help me change that though!

('course ...when the headlines this weekend show major newspapers and magazines being dumped at as much as a 93% loss? Hmmm.... I'm glad I'm not in school for Journalism.)

new topics

top topics

join