It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird poop facials offered by New York spa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Bird poop for beauty?

That's what goes into facials at a luxury spa where the traditional Japanese treatment using imported Asian nightingale excrement mixed with rice bran goes for $180 US a pop.

There is an Enzyme in excrement that keeps face soft and smooth, says salon

About 100 women and men go into the Shizuka New York skin care salon, just off Manhattan's Fifth Avenue, each month to get the treatment, which is promoted as a way to keep the face soft and smooth using an enzyme in the poop to gently exfoliate the skin.
Spa owner Shizuka Bernstein, a Tokyo native married to an American, has been offering what she calls the Geisha Facial for about five years.

"I try to bring Japanese beauty secrets to the United States," says Bernstein, who learned the treatment from her mother.

www.cbc.ca...

Even though this is rare in the US, this treatment is no secret in Japan.
Records show it goes back as far as the 1600's and was used by actors and geishas.

A common misconception is that any old bird poop, even from pigeons, is used. Bernstein says only droppings from birds of the nightingale species are used because they live on seeds, producing the natural enzyme that is the active ingredient.

Interesting but I believe the Japanese have great complexion regardless of this treatment or not.
Same with their hair.
It's in the genes.

But American's will try any thing and are gullible when it comes to products for staying young.

Years of drinking and smoking won't be undone by 'bird poop' smeared on the face.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Bird poop and facial do not belong in the same sentence.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hey, I could actually get away with telling my wife she looked like crap and not get slapped so hard my bell rings for a week! It's almost worth the cost just for that one magic moment.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well sometimes a thread title can really make or break the deal. This one is a winner! lmao

So there is an enzyme in the poop that keeps the face soft? Or the faeces?

Talk about a stool pigeon...

Oo

I thought it was bad enough that there are certain types of coffee bean that are eaten by monkeys or some furry beast, pooped out and then sell for hundreds of dollars a cup of joe. But this really kicks it up a notch.

I'd rather have wrinkles than proclaim my wonderful features are the result of smearing budgie-bums on my face.

oO

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Bird poop and facial do not belong in the same sentence.

I know, I know.....

Causes a brain freeze.

edit on 3-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sooooo.....who gets the fun job of shoveling the poop to begin with?????

Probably only gets $5 a day.....

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Pay for bird poop on my face? I don't think so- I can ride the Galveston Ferry and get all the bird poop on my face, hair, clothes, whatever free of charge any day of the week.....whether I want it or not!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Haha wow..

How about one just feeds the birds til they poo and sit around with a cup, collect it and make your own face cream? Seems cheaper.

Ahhh the things women will do for beauty.. I'm a woman and well I'm not that superficial or vain that i would put poo on my face. I really could careless about wrinkles and lines, it shows I've enjoyed life and have emotion.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I guess if you're willing to inject botulism into your head, there ain't nothing you won't do to look slightly, but imperceptibly, better looking.

I prefer me an old-fashioned woman who is repulsed by feces.

edit on 3-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I also think about how many people would put that $180 to better use.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by littled16

I also think about how many people would put that $180 to better use.

Massages by big sexy Swedish guys comes to mind......

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Bird poop for beauty?

Interesting. Beauty enhancers are notorious for having undesirable ingredients. I hear Oprah's facial cream is made from human foreskin cells and bovine ejaculate.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My Darlin' told me about this a few hours ago. My primary question is this: who was the first person to try bird poop as a facial, and what was wrong with them?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
My Darlin' told me about this a few hours ago. My primary question is this: who was the first person to try bird poop as a facial, and what was wrong with them?

Some one had to be pretty bored. Guess not much goin' on that day back in 1600.
Makes one wonder....if they tried that, what else did they try along the way??

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
...and instead of a glass of shampagne to sip on while the poop is doing its thing, you are offered an exotic coffee blend, made from beans excreted through the same orofice...

Å99

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
...and instead of a glass of shampagne to sip on while the poop is doing its thing, you are offered an exotic coffee blend, made from beans excreted through the same orofice...

Å99

From smearing it on your face to ingesting it, not bad.

Covers the inside as well as the outside.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Å99

From smearing it on your face to ingesting it, not bad.

Covers the inside as well as the outside.

Yep...not a bad day at the orofice!

Å99

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Stupid humans and their search for subjective "beauty".

After working for 19 years, I have convinced my wife to mostly eschew makeup. She is gorgeous. I want to see the face I married, not bozo the clown.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ok let me get this strait. They wanna smear crap in your face and want you to pay them for it?

edit on 4-8-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join