It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If a thread has been closed, why does it still exist...and what determines whether or not a thread gets "TRASH BINNED" or just closed?

Seems to me, and this is just my opinion, that if a thread has been closed for any reason it should just be eliminated, trashed or not.

There is nothing more frustrating than going to a thread and wanting to reply about the topic at hand only to be teased.

This is not a rant...just want some clarification.

Soul

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Sometimes a thread is closed when enough information has been given to satisfy the OP's question or the issue has been resolved. But the thread still exists because the information can serve as a model for future inquiries. Also, the thread will still exist if there are no major rules being broken.

Some types of threads started are just inherently against the site rules, and will be 404'd.

(these are just my observations of course. I could be wrong!)

I hope this answers all your questions
If so, that could be reason enough to close this thread
but not to 404 it.

edit on 3-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Threads that violate the Terms & Conditions are trashed.

Threads that are simply duplicates of an existing thread and closed and redirected. This allows people the opportunity to read that person's OP and then continue the conversation within the original.

It also allows the OP and the posters who posted in the now closed thread, to copy/paste their replies to the on going thread. As some people like me are quote verbose I appreciate having them there.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Can a person post pictures taken from Google earth if they pertain to a thread you are starting and what acknowledgements am I required to post to avoid Any t&c violations?

top topics

join