It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent experience of sleep paralysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hi all ATSers,

Please read the following before entering in depth with what I have to say. This thread is intended to the ones who might have already experienced sleep paralysis as I did or which believe in the phenomena without having experienced it. Replies asking for proof will therefore be ignored as this is not the purpose of the thread.

Now on the topic, it all started yesterday at around 11' o ' clock when I went to bed in order to sleep. I was unconsciously sleeping when I had this sudden feeling of danger. From that time I regained consciousness and felt myself entering back into my body in the same position as my body was, lying on its back.

Nothing so much special on this part, but what is astounding is the fact I felt myself going back smoothly to my body and I was actually seeing with my "soul ?" in the dimension where I was, the colors I was able to see were shades of blue, everything seemed to look a mid pale to semi dark blueish color. More over, I saw a creature of some sort which was around my body at the time I was re-entering it and dam, I was very scared of it, fear of the unknown I must admit.

From that time, many theories came to my mind, I could be an experienced astral projector but unaware of it as I keep being unconscious of it most of the time, second is the abduction theory which could mean that some kind of entities could have taken my soul for some kind of experiment and have erased my memories but forgot to erase the re-entering inside my body part.

Nonetheless, I am now much more curious about sleep paralysis and I plan to do more research on it in the near future.

On your part ATSers, what do you think ?

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
This thread is intended to the ones who might have already experienced sleep paralysis as I did or which believe in the phenomena

There is no reason to disbelieve it. It's a real phenomenon.

The issue is whether it's just a dream-like glitch where you experience hallucinations

OR

Whether it is indeed a significant state of consciousness akin to astral travel and out of body transitions etc.

I believe the latter is correct. I have experienced sleep paralysis continually for many, many years. I believe it is simply the first step in the process of astral travel/ OOBE. I am among a marginalized minority who believe this.

I have come to this belief mostly due to the sheer volume of observations I've made while experiencing this state. Too many times have I felt this "transitioning" in and out of the physical body sensation and various other quirks such as witnessing my own body sleeping from another perspective, or the sensation of floating up to the ceiling and sinking through the bed and the floor.

Several times I have seen creatures, beings, interacted with them, and even carried conversations!

My only question so far is, what did the creature look like?

Please feel free to either visit my threads on the subject or U2U me. I love sharing sleep paralysis experiences and discussing theories!

For a quick overview of sleep paralysis: www.abovetopsecret.com...
For personal stories and experiences: www.abovetopsecret.com...
For a rundown of sleep disorders and disturbances: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I too would like a description of the "creature" if you remember anything about it...just curious...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My opinion is that most (maybe not 100% but most) of the time sleep paralysis is not paranormal. You are reporting a paranormal event.

If this continues, get checked out by a psychologist. There are some who understand about psychic phenomenon, ask the local psychic community, a new age book store or gift shop or through a Spiritualist church.

If you are really having a genuine spiritual problem then pray for protection. Telling the spirits to leave you alone also sometimes helps. If prayer or telling the spirit to stop doesn't work you could also try to convince the spirit to complete his transition to the spirit world.

Ask anonymous

If none of this works you might try to find a reputable medium who could help.

It also might help if you read the book "The Unquiet Dead" It is by Edith Fiori, a psychologist who deals with similar problems by talking to the spirit while the patient is hypnotized.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've heard similar stories as I'm well aquainted with various types of sleep states. My theory is something like it's a state in which the human actually sees the spirit world and realizes on some level that they are surrounded by demons. Which could be very scary.

But I had something similar happen one time. An out of body experience. Awwhhhh frig was that ever freaky. Only has happened once in my life. About 2 years ago. I was asleep. I felt my soul/spirit float out of my body up toward the ceiling in my room. And I could see my body and the room below me. It was scary. I thought I had died and my soul was going to heaven. I was very scared and I pannicked and I squirmed and tried to sort of swim back to my body, and i was somehow able to do that and I got back into my body, and then I woke up. AHHHHHH SCARY STUFF!!! Funny thing is I didn't know what it was. I had no clue. Then I was listening to a pod cast where they interviewed a foremost expert on out of body experiences. From everything he said I was convinced that this is what must have taken placed becuase his account of how it happens matched what had happened to me almost perfectly. I was just worried that I had died in my sleep and my life was over. man that's scary, even for a Christian. Because I was scared I wouldn't be able to do all the things I had planned or have a future. But ya I scrambled back into my body somehow. I don't think about it much but you're post rang home. Like when something like this happens you never forget it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Keep going with it...it sounds like an astral projection...remember when you in that realm your thoughts can create reality instantly...so if you are fearful you can create demons aliens etc...just remember nothing can hurt you and the more you can let go of fear, the more you get to astral project...have fun its the most amazing thing I have done in my life...you can fly anywhere or go anywhere in the universe by a thought...next time when your out say something like I want to see my brother or a friend by name and you will be floating in their physical space but they cannot see or interact with you.
edit on 3-8-2013 by BDIDDY425 because: added a missing word

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is THE most terrifying thing I have ever experienced in my life. It happens to me quite often, much to my dismay. While part of your description sounds like Out of Body Experience or Astral Projection, when you start to describe the paralysis and FEAR, that's when it turns horribly into Sleep Paralysis.

I am a lucid dreamer, I can get myself out of any dream when I want to. SP is different. No matter how much you try to crawl out of bed, or out of your body, or scream, you cannot stop what is happening to you. I have seen truly horrifying things during a SP episode. You wake up screaming, gasping for air, and absolutely terrified.

The first time my husband ever witnessed this, I was stuck in a paralysis where I saw a black horse at the foot of the bed. I got instant terror. I tried to scream, to move, this did not work and I realized I was in paralysis. A black horse in most any other situation would not be frightening, but this horse was a demon to me in that moment and I knew I had to get out of it. I screamed in my head " NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE GET OUT" over and over and over and could not break the paralysis.

The horse snarled at me and showed his teeth right as my husband happened to walk in the room and say "Hey baby do you want me to turn off the light?". The minute he said "Hey baby..." I sat straight up screaming bloody murder. Unfortunately since then my husband has had his bouts with paralysis. I'm pretty sure he had it before, he just didn't know what it was.

I feel for ANYONE who has to deal with SP, if someone asked me to describe my vision of hell, that's what it would be.

Thank you for sharing, sleep paralysis needs more attention and research.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

sleep paralysis happens to me everytime before I astral project. It is very scary at first until you understand what is going on. Even when you understand whats going on can still be scary. When you sleep at night your body paralyzes itself so you don't act out your dreams. Astral projection happens in the stage where your body is asleep, but your mind is still awake. That point right before you fall asleep, you learn to stay awake. In this state most people panic because the cant move/talk but can see and always seems like there is an evil presence in the room or something holding you down. Just relax and remember your body is doing what it naturally does, the only difference is your mind is awake. In this state you can create the reality, so if you panic or freak you can manifest scary things. Just breathe/try to relax and start thinking about separating from your physical body.

For me I always get a very intense vibration that goes up and down my body, which can also take you by surprise if your not used to it. Just remember to relax and focus on breathing. Eventually you will pop out and be floating, and it is the craziest experience ever. If anything is scaring you tell it to go away. Remember in this realm you can play god, and do/see anything you want.Usually the first time is very quick and you cant leave your house. You have to learn to move around and get comfortable before they let you out into the infinite. When you get out its not scary at all. The best way I can describe and its not even close is being like 12 at Disney world with all your best friends...multiply that feeling but a billion.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

This isn't unlike experiences I've had and many others whose accounts I've read over the years. OBE is fairly common, especially while in a sleep state, or nearing or leaving one. I've had such experiences occur to me while wide awake (a 'strange feeling' would come over me and I'd slip into a black tunnel and then return to my body.) I'm not sure what the colors mean and unfortunately I have no answers for you, only to say that you are definitely not alone.

Could you please describe this 'creature' which you saw?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok this isn`t normally my forte but i saw the OP and your asking ATSers to give their opinion. I think that the body and mind when out of synch can create some amazing hallucinations, for want of a better word. I`ve had some amazing dreams where i`ve been in complete control, floating dreams where it seems as if i actually will myself to "get out" of a situation and it feels like am pyshically floating above the situation and once i become aware of this i wake up, normally with a pretty violent jerk. After that i just think that was an amazing dream and carry on i certainly don`t think am about to astral project into some dream world matrix.

I think i`ve experienced SP though, just once and it was a terrifying experience. I was going to sleep on my back like you describe and as I was drifting off it felt like something had tugged my ankle (must add i slept on the floor back then). It woke me and i looked around and everything was normal my stair light was on but no others so i got a good look around and tried going back to sleep.As i drifted off a second time the same thing happened again only it felt like a stronger tug on my ankle.So a bit peed off i started drifting off a 3rd time this time when i was awoke it felt like a huge unseen presence was slowly pushing me down into the floor????

I could see everything round me and no one was in the house but I couldn`t move and felt like I was still sinking into the floor. As i became more aware of what was happening and my mind began to question what was going on i properly woke up, if you get me. There was no one there at all and the same light was on, but i was that convinced something had pinned me down and held me there i got my bat and searched the house for burglars. Needless to say no one was there and all my doors and windows were locked so i presumed it was SP. It was a very weird and scary occurence but IMO unless its continually happening to you or your coming to some kind of harm from it then you just suffer SP.. Just in your case it maybe goes on a lot longer than others, hence seeing creatures. Maybe you experience SP longer than others before your dream state and pyshical state get into synch. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It is all in your head you control it, as soon as you get that there will be no fear and it will mostly go away. As all things psychological if you reinforce the experience positively or negatively you are creating expectations, shape them to your liking.

I guess as anything mental it depends on your belief system, life experiences and personality. To me as soon as I resolved to try to turn it in into a learning experience, it subsided and for some years now I haven't had anymore...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

It is all in your head you control it, as soon as you get that there will be no fear and it will mostly go away. As all things psychological if you reinforce the experience positively or negatively you are creating expectations, shape them to your liking.

I guess as anything mental it depends on your belief system, life experiences and personality. To me as soon as I resolved to try to turn it in into a learning experience, it subsided and for some years now I haven't had anymore...

Not being snarky, just curious, have you ever had sleep paralysis?

I have definitely tried to control the fear, it's INCREDIBLY hard.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
For anyone that wants a permanent fix to sleep paralysis, check out stopsleepparalysis.org... For those that think it's "fun", check it out as well. You are playing with fire.

For everyone else that think it's fake, I hope you never have to experience the fake event

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i,ve experienced it twice in the last 6 months

the first time it was the evil presence like most people experience where u feel the weight sit down on you and feel the fear before you feel yourself float up.

the second time i felt the fear again but then in my head i knew what was going on and said to myself don,t be scared cause you,ll come out of it soon,which i did and woke up.

i don,t believe its anything paranormal,its u caught in a dream when your on verge of waking up,which has you thinking its more real than it actually is.

also got to say its like the dream where u jump awake and get a rush from it,well maybe not the first time cause it was scary as hell but got to say i,m disappointed i haven,t experienced it again

i know those who have experienced it must think i,m nuts but the second time when in my head i knew what was happening and to me i was controlling it i had that same rush.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow, many replies thank you all for sharing your very own experience.

As for SP in itself, I was really scared, but only the moment my soul came right back in my body. As for some wanted to know what the creature looked like, from my memory I was not looking directly at it so it was seeing it on the left side of me and the best I could relate it too would be a a slowly jumping monkey coming toward me.

Is it demonic or not I can not say but I can tell that (not this time) I felt some entities already tried to pull me out of my body but pulling my legs and THAT is the part which scares me.This is because I have a feeling these (when they tried to pull me out) that they wanted to take me down inside the earth which I have no idea on what could really happen down there.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think this video may help, it synthesizes lots of phenomenons like Sleep paralysis, OOBE, Lucid dreaming, Astral projection, NDE, Alien abduction, etc.

and here is A Practical Guidebook related to this video, called THE PHASE
in which, you can learn how to change the state of sleep paralysis into other states of the phase, such as OOBE, etc.
Note, although it's an overgeneralization of these phenomenons, it still works for many.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Oness because: vid problem.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yes, my experience has been always the same like is of sleeping down by my feet (I know I'm horizontal so its like gravity has shifted, I do not feel anything physically taking hold of me). I feel the surface (bed) passing underneath me but never reaching an end (until I snap out of it). During the events I don't really know it is the bed (as soon I realize what it is happening I rationalize the experience and it ends).

The scary part is only the beginning of being trust from normal sleep to that situation (fear,sweat and a sensation that it may have been going on for longer than I have any conscious awareness of it, and the physical frustration that rises from the realization that I can't physically do anything to stop falling). But as I said as soon as you know that it is a mental projection and stop the fear the moments before it ends are really funny and even enjoyable, the first experience was the worst as I wasn't prepared at all for it, but as I turned the fear into recognition of what it was and into finally enjoyment and exploration (being in the situation and attempting to analyze the process) it has stopped happening.

To those that never experienced it the best example is when you sleep away from your normal location and awake not knowing where you are as you can't recognize your surroundings at first. In that case it is not fear but simple disorientation and since you can move you take a better look and remember your location (more physical location that local, even if the local is the first thing that pops to mind, because when you sleep you lose body positioning awareness).

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BDIDDY425
Keep going with it...it sounds like an astral projection...remember when you in that realm your thoughts can create reality instantly...

He he...

I once went to bed really hungry and had an OOBE. I thought of a pizza and there it was, hovering around 6ft in the air at the end of my bed slowly rotating.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

wait until the shadow man enters the room. he will press on your chest. you try to yell for help but only odd sounds come from your mouth.

sleep paralysis is scary sometimes.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I used to have sleep paralysis all the time in my late teens. A lot of the time I saw an old woman coming at me. Now i just have night terrors. 2-3 a week. The VA says that it's not a big deal but it feels like I get so scared that I am losing a few years each time, lol. When I can remember them, there is always something in the room with me and I always feel like it would get real ticked if i acknowledged it. I would gladly have the sleep paralysis back instead of the night terrors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join