It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yup, it's confirmed for me.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The moon does not rotate.

then please explain how

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
-The orientation of the moon too, or the visible side of the moon that we can see at any one time is greater and different that it's ever been.

Looks the same to me as it did 1,000 years ago. Do you have ANY evidence to back your claim?

-Remember how it used to be once that the moon during solar eclipses would block out the whole sun save the corona...that is, a total solar eclipse? I don't EVER remember annular eclipses happening this frequently or with so little obstruction from the moon.

Total eclipses still occur. Annular exclipses have always occurred. How long have you been keeping records?

-The moon doesn't have a solid Fe core, so this could also be the reason for its tilt. Meaning we are the ones tilting as we go to the galactic plane.

Except we're moving away from the Galactic plane, having last crossed it about 3mya ......

-The moon is seen more in broad daylight that it once used to, and this is another indication that the sun is brighter and that our atmosphere is shrinking.

Subject to cloud cover, the Moon is visible in the sky during daylight hours for exactly the samw time it was 1,000, 100,000 and 1,000,000 years ago. How long have you been observing it?

-You know there's some talk on the internets too that we have 2 moons. (shrugs)

Technically we do. Cruithne. Though it's really just a small asteroid caught up in Earth's gravity.

Edit: anyway, wht exactly do yo HATE the Moon? Does it keep you awake at night? Spoil your observations of aurora or nocties or faint comets? Or just make it harder to break in unobserved to someone's house?
edit on 3-8-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

How quickly the thread was jumped on, that's not a coincidence.

People do tend to comment when they come across a patently ridiculous thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Twirl your shoe by one of its strings. It's not really rotating is it?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Then why did you?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Just on your first point alone is nonsense. Were you observing the moon a thousand years ago?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

I love ridicule, I wouldn't have it any other way from those below me. Remember what Dr. M said of the smartest man in the world in Watchmen? Well guess what? You're no where close even to the smartest man, so what does that say to your actual threat to me? Nada baby nada.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Juvenilism at its best. Some of us actually graduated from High School.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Then why did you?

Do you want me to repeat myself?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Snaffers

I love ridicule, I wouldn't have it any other way

well that explains an awful lot. If everyone is so far beneath you why do you consistently post pure hyperbolic conjecture while flat out refusing to support any of your claims EVER? For someone so brilliant you still haven't figured out how this website works. Just for the heck of it... if you create a post the onus is on YOU and YOU ALONE to support and back up your thesis with FACTS. But then again, that is what we do in science so I shouldn't expect someone who has yet to grasp the most basic concepts to adhere. good luck to you and your superiority complex.
edit on 3-8-2013 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

I know you couldn't be so blind as to miss the evidence I posted in other threads, or the fact of where I posted this thread. Still, my best conjecture beats your best beliefs any day, hands down, bar none.

I only toot my own horn to those who need it. And you sure do.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

edit on 3-8-2013 by CircleOfDust because: i'm blank man

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

thanks for that...I needed a good laugh today. I didn't miss any evidence in the other threads because you've posted NONE. I've asked you to clarify things and that was the end of it so no... there was nothing to be missed. One day I'll learn not to feed the trolls but sometimes I just can't help myself. Again, best of luck in your quest.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You can read them again as slowly as you need to as often as you need. That's the beauty of text. You don't have to keep up in real time.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It's not my job to prove or validate your argument. that falls solely on you. And I did actually read over some of it again, to give you the benefit of the doubt. all I found though was more doubt. You as much as admit in your OP in this thread that you don't need to convince anyone. Apparently we're all just supposed to accept your superiority with nothing to support your statement. You should be running a cult not arguing science with people who grasp the notions you attempt to disperse.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar

It's not my job to prove or validate your argument. that falls solely on you. And I did actually read over some of it again, to give you the benefit of the doubt. all I found though was more doubt. You as much as admit in your OP in this thread that you don't need to convince anyone. Apparently we're all just supposed to accept your superiority with nothing to support your statement. You should be running a cult not arguing science with people who grasp the notions you attempt to disperse.

Seconded. With spades on.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Can I give you a doctorate in a day? It takes some study of your own. I can only do so much.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

-That the moon is proportionally the same size to us as the sun can also be explained during the eons of lunar eclipses, where the EM radiation has slowly baked away the crust of the moon being focused around our Earth to the moon during said eclipses.

Why wouldn't the whole moon "bake" away, why would it stop "baking" when its the right size for an eclipse?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join