It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which 7 REAL people (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Moses

That would be a really interesting one. Invite him to lunch and then hook up a lie detector to him so when we had a conversation after eating, we could ask him a whole lotta' questions and finally get some straight answers. Like - Where'd you really get the 10 commandments? and who really built the pyramids and were the jews really slaves in Egypt or were they just underpaid low level foreign workers who went on strike and was that an alien ship on top of the mountain with you or was it God our Creator .... etc etc

I'd have a ton of questions to ask him. But I'd want him hooked up to a lie detector.
He was a politician and a person who claimed visions of God and a special 'mission from God'.
Through history ... a lot of fakes have claimed this ... I'd like to know the truth.

Awesome choice.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Excellent approach on Moses...

Judas could explain whether he really did betray Christ and why... or is it possible the Gnostic version in his name is more accurate?

The Grand Inquisitor approached the subject of torture-forcing confessions... real or not, like this - If you are guilty and seek redemption, your death will be payment for your sins. If your are innocent, heaven awaits and this death is a blessing. Was Torquemada mad... or convinced? Could he possibly see the course this would lead the church and the legacy that still lingers today?

Jefferson initially had some very strong notions on how the new nation should be formed but he then later left a legacy of confusing contradictions. Pass the wine, sir... let's talk.

Robert E. Lee... by way of much evidence, was against slavery. Lincoln, on the other hand, was ready to allow it if he could save the union. Had slavery NOT been present, the war may have turned out differently and even if it had not, our view of the South's effort at secession might be different today. There is little doubt that most people in positions of historical authority on both sides understood how wrong it was. How was it allowed to stand in a Confederacy that knew full well that it was slavery that was holding England back from falling in full force on their behalf?

FDR could not have NOT seen what was coming in Europe and the Asian Pacific. And though he was up against a very strong isolationist movement at home, did he betray the nation by ignoring the obvious until that fateful day in December of 1941? Had he made a case for war any sooner, would he have been elected to four terms?

Oswald is obvious... and it is highly likely he died knowing what this nation seeks to understand today.
Have a seat, Lee... let's start at the beginning.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
G "dubya"bush
Barack Hussain Obama
Hillary Clinton
Dick Cheney

Alex Jones
Jesse Ventura
Chuck Norris

Now that would be some fine eatin entertainment

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Albert Camus
Leo Tolstoy
Winston Churchill
Gustav Malher
Tine Thing Helseth
Aaron Copland
Teddy Roosevelt

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Nicole Kidman
Evangeline Lilly
Marilynn Monroe
Lilly Cole
Audrey Hepburn
Greta Garbo
Albert Einstein.

Audrey Hepburn? I considered her too.. she was adorable and had the prettiest face.. and what a delight she was, her interviews//

1. My precious deceased Granny
2. Her husband, My Papa
3. Hanz.. my Granny's only sibling, who died at Normandy on D-day.. this broke her heart..
4. Jesus - (there was a real man behind it all, has to be. the what/when /where..thats what I want to know)
5. Nicola Tesla
6. Bill Hicks
7. William Wallace

Oh, and I think number 4 will be making a trip to Biggest Loser.. else he becomes 1,000 lbs from all the dinners

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
G "dubya"bush
Barack Hussain Obama
Hillary Clinton
Dick Cheney

Alex Jones
Jesse Ventura
Chuck Norris

Now that would be some fine eatin entertainment

All you can eat knuckle sandwiches?

my second line will include -- my lol

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Moses

That would be a really interesting one. Invite him to lunch and then hook up a lie detector to him so when we had a conversation after eating, we could ask him a whole lotta' questions and finally get some straight answers. Like - Where'd you really get the 10 commandments? and who really built the pyramids and were the jews really slaves in Egypt or were they just underpaid low level foreign workers who went on strike and was that an alien ship on top of the mountain with you or was it God our Creator .... etc etc

I'd have a ton of questions to ask him. But I'd want him hooked up to a lie detector.
He was a politician and a person who claimed visions of God and a special 'mission from God'.
Through history ... a lot of fakes have claimed this ... I'd like to know the truth.

Awesome choice.

Moses.

Dude, tell me. How funny, your 'peoples' religion has the same storyline as what the Egyptians taught you.. Man you crack me up!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This dinner would be about learning, not necessarily making friends... and each guest would attend their meal individually, not in a group setting.

Moses

Judas Iscariot

Tomas Torquemada

Thomas Jefferson

Robert E. Lee

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Lee Harvey Oswald

All of the above left legacies as well as unanswered questions that even today, still affect us.

The breaking of bread with each would be about bringing their truths into light... to compare against what is often today assortments of political and cultural preference that attend only to masquerade.

edit on 3-8-2013 by redoubt because: typo

Robert E. Lee .. an honorable soldier unsurpassed.

If I could have him and JD as a 2'fer id put them in

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
George Washington
Barack Obama
Albert Einstein
Lao Tsu
Plato
George Carlin
Donald Trump

What a conversation series that would be.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
Dude, tell me. How funny, your 'peoples' religion has the same storyline as what the Egyptians taught you.. Man you crack me up!

I have no idea what you are talking about or what you are trying to say.
What 'people' .. what religion ...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
1: Kim Jong-il
2: Margaret Thatcher
3: Joseph Stalin
4: Napoleon Bonaparte
5: Ayn Rand
6: Condoleezza Rice or Karl Rove. Can I 2 for the price of one!
7: Anton LaVey

Yes, it's weird cast of people. However, each of them have influenced me about everything in life.

I wished to add many more people like Bill Gates, Jack Welch, Paul Heyman etc.
edit on 3-8-2013 by Phoenix267 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Put Ayn Rand and Barack Obama next to each other at the dinner table.
Then let them go at it.
No one else would have to talk. It would be massively entertaining.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was think of Barack Obama. He's a great talker with a good sense of humor. Ayn Rand would look at him with fire in her eyes.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How about:

Macho Man
Hulk Hogan
Andre the Giant
Sting
The Nature Boy
The Ultimate Warrior
Kerry Von Erich

The belt is suspended above the table. The only way to reach it is to stack all 7 chairs on top of each other. No referee.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You are old school! But I would love to see that ladder match. Imagine the younger versions of the older wrestlers returning to show up the new wrestlers. That would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

edit on 3-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Jesus Christ

Bruce Lee

Tupac Shakur

Bob Marley

Nikola Tesla

Marie Curie

Angela Merkel

Figured the dinner table would have a good atmosphere, and since only Angela Merkel and myself are the "alive" ones, we could talk Politics whilst there's witty banter going on between everyone else.

Stanley Kubrick and Albert Einstein are also lurking around somewhere in the restaurant...

edit on 3-8-2013 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Socrates : To finally prove he was a complete idiot or to prove my opinion of him wrong
Trent Reznor : NIN front man, I would ask him to remix one of my songs
John F Kennedy : I would ask him why and who wanted him dead
Nicolas Tesla : To thank him for all his wonderfull inventions and researches
Chef Boyardee : To tell him he's been framed
Barrack Obama : I would ask him if his ideas of change we're true and just can't do anything without getting killed
Adolf Hitler : I would ask him his reason for going farther than liberating his own country

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Valerie Bertanelli
She seems like she would be good company.

Nora Jones
Gotta have dinner music

Samuel Clemens
For good conversation

Hunter S. Thompson and Bernie Taupin
For the drugs and writing tips

My dad
I always wanted to meet the man

My daughter
So she can see the company I keep.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link