It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800,000 UK jobs advertised in EU - Shocking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This news is actually a couple of days old. I did a search of "UK jobs" and didn't see anything posted.

Foreign jobseekers are also being offered up to £900 to cover travelling costs to the UK for interviews, while UK employers can receive a £1,000 bonus for taking on a non-British worker, the Telegraph reported. It comes at a time when Conservative business minister Matthew Hancock is urging UK firms to employ young British workers rather than better-qualified immigrants.

MSN UK source

As a 24 year old who has been unemployed the last 8 months (Thankfully starting a job in around 2 weeks) I was appalled to be reading this. The current figure of UK unemployment currently stands at about 2.5 million (BBC source) With youth unemployment being particular worrying.

What this news effectively mean's is that the native UK workforce is not only having to compete against other natives, but now all 500 million people in the European union. Migrants who are skilled, employers offered a bonus to employ them - Kid that's just left school? Doesn't stand a chance. They will neither be able to learn skills necessary for employment but more importantly, they will be left to claim benefits rather than enter the workforce.

This is bad for the country, great for business. They dont have to train people when they can just import the labour and be rewarded for doing so. It almost seems to me that this country doesn't want to resolve its welfare issue's, rather just continue to bash the unemployed and victimize them through benefit sanctions etc,

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Yep, 'its all about the money money money'

I have been unemployed a while now and its not for the want of working, i've been applying for anything and everything to no avail

It's so depressing. We need more jobs!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Yep, 'its all about the money money money'

I have been unemployed a while now and its not for the want of working, i've been applying for anything and everything to no avail

It's so depressing. We need more jobs!

Dare i even say it? British people should be priorities for British jobs.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There's nothing to stop Britons getting work in continental Europe either. Thousands do, especially in Club Med countries during the Summer vacations

There was one year in the late 80s we were travelling in West Germany and much of the building workers were from England and Ireland.

So I think it's a two way street.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
How did he put it? (i forget the name of the british potitician)
Undermine the homogenity, break the national spirit, for EU of course.
This is happening thoughout the EU, mixed culture means more division.

top topics

join