It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Topic - is that even possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is a good area to post this - apologies, if it's the wrong one, but I didn't really know which area might be the correct one, so admins/operators/etc. should feel free to move this post to the appropriate area.

Anyways, I was just wondering, whether there can be, or are any "off-topic" areas.

Because EVERYTHING is influenced by the 'conspiracies' and the other TPTB agenda crap that we all have to suffer from. Perhaps 'off-topic' simply means that this influence doesn't need to be MENTIONED in the posts, that people can try to discuss these things without realizing the connection (of the topic) to all the stuff that this site is supposedly about.

I mean, can you really have video games that have nothing to do with the 'agenda', or the conspiracies? Maybe, if you are talking about very old video games, like from the 70s or 80s, when "TPTB" didn't really know anything about computers or video games (and frankly, I doubt that most of the old, demonic geezers and hags still do).

But in my opinion, pretty much -everything- is "on-topic" these days - you can't easily find a topic that wouldn't be influenced or have -something- to do with the 'topic' in some way.

Whether it's the laundry soap you use, or surfboarding, everything is connected to 'the topic', as long as we are in this world. It's like prisoners talking about the prison schedules without mentioning the prison or the guards, the system that upholds the prison or the system that put the people in the prison in any way, ever.

In m opinion, that's quite strange. In my viewpoint, there isn't such a thing as 'off-topic', because pretty much any topic is in some way tied to TPTB, the agenda, conspiracies, and what's going on in the world. Even if you talk about things that are out of this world, like galaxies, nebulae, etc. - the INFORMATION concerning those things is heavily controlled by the conspirators, the Never A Straight Answer-lie-factory, and such. Independent, reliable information about the alleged moon landings? Forget it - it's all NASA-controlled stuff. Problems that were not a problems in the 60s are now suddenly impenetrable difficulties? If people could land on the moon with the clumsy 60s technology, why would it take decades more to even prepare people to go back - why not just use the same tech? Etc..

Well, I digress, but my point is - is off-topic REALLY possible? Other than just closing your eyes from the reality and focusing on a very narrow PART of the whole.. which would be like willful blindness, wouldn't it?

So I suggest that the "off-topic" would be renamed to something like "willful blindness" or "narrowing of the focus so that the whole truth isn't coming to view anymore".

But then, maybe people don't want to be truthful, so they rather probably continue using a term that doesn't make sense or that doesn't express the truth.

I guess there are many forms of willful blindness..

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
WOW...Been a while since I have seen such an incoherent rambling rant..

At least since the last political debate anyways!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AprilFooseball
WOW...Been a while since I have seen such an incoherent rambling rant..

At least since the last political debate anyways!

OP, you asked if something could be "off topic" and the first reply to your post was a perfect example of being "off topic".

So, there you go.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

One of the main traits of being a conspiracy theorist is
believing everything is connected. It is an oxymoron at least
to have an off topic post isn't it ? What the hell I agree !

edit on 3-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

...but video games aren't off topic...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is this game available on PS3?

Never heard of it before.

There is a general chit chat forum in which this would have been better suited or even Board Business & Questions.

There is also a rant forum.

A few to choose from which would have suited your thread better.

I mean, can you really have video games that have nothing to do with the 'agenda', or the conspiracies? Maybe, if you are talking about very old video games, like from the 70s or 80s, when "TPTB" didn't really know anything about computers or video games (and frankly, I doubt that most of the old, demonic geezers and hags still do).

No not maybe, but Yes.

Look at some other threads in the video game forum,

discussions on game play and other subjects relating video games.

To use a video game or a story from a video game and tie it into to some conspiracy would open up the subject past video games only and into other realms of conspiracy and could be placed in general conspiracy forums.

I get your point about working to connect the big picture, but the conversations would get too disorganized with posters giving their personal opinions on how this connects to that and how its all tied to the big picture would be a mess with very little understanding as subjects will jump from here to there in a flash and conversation will be lost on many if the reader cannot see what the poster is trying to propose.

new topics

top topics

join