It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agents Raid Animal Shelter, Kill Deer Named "Giggles"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Giggles was a she.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by docpoco

Pretty incredible right? Brute show of force. Call in the SWAT team. Aerial surveillance. 5 day Stakeout. Detain an entire family.

Only to murder the baby deer a short time later.

The questions is, what will the people of wisconsin do about this? My guess is nothing.

I really am so ashamed at times of what we have become in America. What do you suppose the cost to taxpayers was for this whole operation?

And in return, we got what benefit?

I can understand the general idea behind not wanting people to try to tame wildlife, but are you telling me that a simple knock on the door by a DNR agent that says "you can't do that" wouldn't have sufficed?

And again I would ask, what did we "gain" from this?

Absolutely PATHETIC from the DNR.

radio.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The DNR is pathetic. I lived in WI for 22 years. When I took trips up north to go camping, every year the DNR made conditions there horrible. I remember once I went up north 2 years in a row.. The first year, the DNR had introduced a non-native species of caterpillar (can't remember why) but long story short - they had no natural predators. If you drove at night, it was literally look like the entire road in front of you was crawling. Every single tree had ALL of it's bark stripped and there was immense damage to the forests. (The caterpillars were a bark-eating variety. In fact, they may have been introduced to deal with a non-native species of tree) The next year was far worse though. They had to introduce something that would eat the caterpillars. Their solution - horseflies. I remember seeing old men on their front porches sitting on their rocking chairs while easily 50 flies crawled over their bodies, leaving welts all over. It was horrific.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

how does that old saying go?

what's good for the goose................

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by Timely

how does that old saying go?

what's good for the goose................

Ends up as slander ?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Come on people. The animal shelter WAS breaking the law. And who knows what diseases the deer was carrying? The agents and sheriffs did a great job in taking out a potential threat.

Just thought I'd post that before some other retard does.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
92% of humans are actually less intelligent than the orangutan community.

It would be my guess that all 92% of 'em are now in uniform or working for the government.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Welcome to the Fascist states of America where overkill shadows our delusions of being in a free republic!
Where the design of authority is meant to cause fear and unwavering trepidation to anyone who questions
this authority!
Where all movement and communication is unjustly tracked and monitored!
Where no man is an individual free from unjust search and seizure!
As long as we walk around like mindless automatons we will be safe ,for now!
Where as long as you have wealth and friends in high places you can be free to reign lawlessness on the useless eaters!
"We are a country who is in absolute fear of our tyrannical government without any opportunity to sit in judgement of their illegal, reprehensible behavior and only when we deny their ability to judge us will
we be able to become free from tyranny!"

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Horrible for the fawn and those in the shelter. These days, those who stand for any type of animal rights are basically the same as "terrorists." Those who demonstrate for "peace" are suspect. Those who question are to be watched, ridiculed.

Sounds like practice to me. Practice for the time when innocent people are dragged out alive in bags and disposed of...for no reason at all.

So, those ATS-ers who live in that wonderful state, what are you going to do about it? At the very least - tell every public official that you will not stand for this insanity and they won't be in office next time if you can help it. And then go out and ensure they don't get back into office by pounding the pavement and rallying for their opponent. Write op-eds. Organize a rally. Do a fundraiser for the shelter or the wildlife preserve.

All of us, myself included, have become so complacent. Yes, it's probably too late now, all the seeds have been planted, all the systems in place, and action will likely be futile at this juncture, but still, some hope perhaps?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

DNR Contact

Local station reports DNR getting hammered, including death threats, but when they asked depth of Justice they said no investigations exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I try and be realistic about stories like this.
Just because the Police or LEO behave incorrectly should not absolve the criminal from the fact they broke a crime.
I understand that all situations are fluid and it's better to over prepare and over-plan then under.

This story though , at face value, really seems to be a horrible overreaction or someone with a personal agenda.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't believe they got Giggles. I didn't see any pictures or anything.

I'll wait for the movie, Zero Doe Thirty.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
I try and be realistic about stories like this.
Just because the Police or LEO behave incorrectly should not absolve the criminal from the fact they broke a crime.
I understand that all situations are fluid and it's better to over prepare and over-plan then under.

This story though , at face value, really seems to be a horrible overreaction or someone with a personal agenda.

Saving an abandoned baby deer, that was brought to the shelter by a concerned citizen, and making arrangements to transport it to a place that is legal makes these people criminals, really? It seems the decision was a good one too, because apparently killing the deer would have been it's fate had it been turned over to the "proper authorities" Giggles almost made it to safety at a reserve, and there was no indication the deer was even sick.

I pointed out earlier in this thread that the disease of concern in WI has not been proven to cause harm to humans, but could potentially cause harm to people that eat deer they hunt, well Giggles wasn't going to be hunted and eaten, so no potential harm to humans.

WI does however have a 7 million dollar budget to "fight" this disease and this is apparently how they have chosen to WASTE this money. Just because something is the "Law" doesn't make it right, and I am really tired of that lame excuse to allow this crap to continue......

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Seems a bunch of wannabe's testing out all the gear they got from Homeland Security grants.

I had the same thought. Apparently they wanted to practice drug raids with their new big-boy toys and saw this as the perfect opportunity. This brings only one word to mind...cowards.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Meanwhile, back in reality.... people don't seem to understand that the state of Wisconsin has a huge deer population and reported a "Total Kill" number for 2012... are you ready for this...

Total Kill (preliminary for 2012) = 366,747

Preliminary 2012 Deer Harvest by Season and Management Unit Source dnr.wi.gov...

Where are the 6 pages of moral outrage for the annual Deer Holocaust in Wisconsin?? Huh?

Yes, the story of "Giggles" is a pathetic 'moral outrage' news story, Yes, the armed thugs have surely embarrassed themselves with their Nazi style tactics, Yes, "Giggles" should have been let loose to live "free", in the "freedom" to get hit by a truck on the road or suffers from any of the diseases that deer herds suffer from...

But, a deer is sport, it is meat, and there are too many deer in Wisconsin already.
edit on 8/4/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/4/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: fix tags

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"Only love can kill a deer
Write me a letter if you think that's queer"

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
WOW, really... you couldn't make this stuff up.

What's even more concerning is that someone somewhere thinks that its ok to maintain an entire department of idiots with swat team gear coupled absolutely no common sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by docpoco

Pretty incredible right? Brute show of force. Call in the SWAT team. Aerial surveillance. 5 day Stakeout. Detain an entire family.

Only to murder the baby deer a short time later.

The questions is, what will the people of wisconsin do about this? My guess is nothing.

I really am so ashamed at times of what we have become in America. What do you suppose the cost to taxpayers was for this whole operation?

And in return, we got what benefit?

I can understand the general idea behind not wanting people to try to tame wildlife, but are you telling me that a simple knock on the door by a DNR agent that says "you can't do that" wouldn't have sufficed?

And again I would ask, what did we "gain" from this?

Absolutely PATHETIC from the DNR.

I have the same thoughts and more....
SO, This is how far down the hole we are Now! America, WE ARE IN TROUBLE! Our govt. is so out of control, Yes, it starts from the top down. And, Wisconsin?, of all states.

Oh, this will be swept under the rug and forgotten by the weekend. If no action is taken for this behavior and corrected Now, just be prepared to board the train and learn how to swing a chisel and hammer and turn out the lights before you get in the shower.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Did these agents not get enough love as little boys or something? Momma not give them enough attention perhaps? Coach didn't let them play in the big game, maybe?

They watched the place for DAYS, hiding in the woods?! What the heck were they doing?? They treated an animal shelter how I'd expect law enforcement to act if the target was a Hells Angels Clubhouse or perhaps a major drug kingpin's compound.

I guess they require those men to turn in their humanity before taking the badge and gun. They sure as ever ripped the hearts right out of the workers in that shelter. Ripped them out and may as well have laughed while doing it, for the pain it sounds like they inflicted.

Did it ever cross the minds of these Alpha bozos that they could have taken the deer into their custody, transported it AWAY from the people who had grown attached to it and THEN ..whatever state law demanded be done, get done?! This was cruel in a way that strikes me as truly mean spirited. Cruel, cold hearted people. No other way I can put it after reading the source link.

* just read the follow-up above mine and I have to note... The cops CLAIM it wasn't killed there...while they removed it inside a body bag. Uhh.. Yeah... Those are real useful for dead bodies because they are AIR TIGHT. If the poor thing wasn't dead going in, I wonder how long it lived zipped inside? (checks outside temps) Ahh.. Looks like it was a war m summer day on July 15th. Lets see....They probably opened at 9am... The article says 3 hours for the search... Yeah.. They stuffed it into an air tight body bag, black I'm sure, on a nice warm summer day. If it WAS alive, they ought to be charged with criminal animal cruelty for that alone!
edit on 3-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Why the male bashing? Did your daddy leave you when you were little? Not enough hugs and Barbies?

Supervisor Jennifer Niemeyer she is a female I take it?

Niemeyer denied agents killed Giggles at the shelter. She said they tranquilized her and then euthanized her off-site.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Why the male bashing? Did your daddy leave you when you were little? Not enough hugs and Barbies?

Supervisor Jennifer Niemeyer she is a female I take it?

Niemeyer denied agents killed Giggles at the shelter. She said they tranquilized her and then euthanized her off-site.

On the first point? No... I just hate badge toting little punks that really need to be wearing, not carrying the handcuffs the State says they are allowed to use on other people. In fact, I've come to have a deep and burning hatred for the whole mentality that takes the schoolyard bully, put's them through some college courses thinking that makes them presentable and then gives them a gun, badge and tells them to go save something. :shk:

You seem hung up on Gender here. I don't even care who is male or female here and haven't from the start. I've really been a little lost on where gender makes a big difference to you? Law Enforcement, by sheer literal statistical fact is a majority man's world. By an extreme ratio. So, using the 'He' in terming things shouldn't be too risky a thing. Sorry it sets some people off like a roman candle. Dunno where that comes from.. I really don't.

Yeah.. right... they didn't kill it there, they just wasted a shot of tranq on the critter so they could drive a few miles and kill it anyway. Umm... Logic test...Yes? Or do we believe LEO spokespeople SO totally that we just throw logic out the window because they said so?

They went into a building where the living deer had been. They came out with a motionless lump in an air tight, sealed body bag. You tell me whether it even MATTERS whether they killed it there or a few minutes later out of sight? Although I flat do not believe they killed it elsewhere. All reports indicate they killed it there and lied..

Shocking eh? Lying? As if cops never ever lie or anything. Geeze.. Deny Ignorance. It feels good sometimes.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetPawn

How about a local deputy knocking on the door and communicating with them?

Yes! This has been on my heart lately.

It is a thing of the past where the police talk to citizens like HUMAN BEINGS. Instead we're all potential threats. Potential violent fiends.

:shk:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join