It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agents Raid Animal Shelter, Kill Deer Named "Giggles"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Let's take a look at how law enforcement's ability to handle a dangerous situation like this has progressed in the last 50 years.

1963:
Knock, knock...
"Maam, I heard that you had a wild deer on the premises? You know you're not supposed to have that deer. I could take him today but considering you're planning on shipping him out tomorrow I'll give you one more day. But don't you think I won't take him if I see him tomorrow. We'll be back to do a search & we better not see a deer. Here's my card."

2013:
Flashbang breaks through window...
BOOM!!!
Door gets kicked in
"SWAT!!!! EVERYBODY DOWN!!!"
Makes everybody get on the floor with a loaded rifle pointed at thier heads
"THERE HE IS!!!"
snaps Bambi's neck & stuffs him in a body bag
"Our work is done here - problem solved"

While both methods are technically effective - I think most people have the common sense to recognize that there's a significant problem with the way today's law enforcement interacts with their community.

Not every situation needs overwhelming force or violent action to accomplish the goal.

Frog in water...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It's against the law!
This is how we have to deal with these criminals!

'murica, f**k yeah!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm speechless. No amount of outrage from myself would be sufficient to display here, as this has to be one of the most over the top abuses of power I have yet to hear about.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
When I read about stories like this, I always think how can this possibly be justified? It was so cruel and unnecessary...

I decided to look into how much danger to humans are deer diseases, and this is what I found.

www.nbcnews.com...

It seems there is some disease that deer are getting that is similar to Mad Cow's disease, although it has not been proven to harm humans, and the debate is still out on whether eating a diseased deer would make humans ill, but it is not recommend, so as far as I can tell, the concern would be for hunters that eat a potentially infected deer.

Now since Giggles was going to a reserve, she posed no threat to humans.......so why kill her, especially without even knowing if she was infected? Wisconsin has a budget of 7 million dollars to deal with this issue, and I guess terrorizing volunteer workers and baby deer is how this money is being spent....How Special....

As for the Goose , it chose to live on the pond for 8 years, and now it has been displaced from his home, why? My friend has a pond on her property and has had a goose and a duck just show up and decide to live there with her other ducks, very funny to watch, and cool these misplaced birds found a new home when for whatever reason they were separated from their flocks.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Kill the deer to save it....makes a lot of sense to me (especially when they were going to release it to a wild life preserve). I bet those do-gooder tattletales feel real good about turning them in for having "wildlife" in the shelter.
edit on 3-8-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
When Bambi treated as a threat to national security you know your goverments gone mad

Hell even the UK hasnt gone that mad with power........YET........

link   
Delete double post
edit on 3-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Really, this is over the top overkill.

Overhead surveillance? Me thinks I smell a rat.
Seriously, I think they maybe using these situations as some sort
of precedent setting for future drone use, and such.

And its so absurd, I cant even imagine how they could shove the fawn
into a body bag. If you have ever ever been around a baby deer,
and young fawns to imagine what they did is just awful.

And to take the goose too!?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hey everytime someone saves a baby deer the terroists win........

Hell there is most likley a whole $100 billion NSA department or similiar alphabet agency set up to spy on and moniter all deers and geese considerd to be terrorists.......

That may be a joke but the sad thing is im most likey right

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The swat teams that raid no kill animal shelters to kill "bambi" are the same ones that practice shooting on "no hesitation" targets (read: old men and ladies, pregnant women, students and little kids holding guns).

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yes, the thing is one the one hand, they have made it illegal to keep the
deer population down to manageble size, its only legal to hunt them during
certain seasons, and then only in certain areas - which to some degree is logical.

However the deer population is out of control in many areas. I have seen
rural areas with huge herds of mostly female and fawns, running through
the streets constantly so that they are a danger to the road. They end
up getting hit, and causing accidents, and they are starving during the hot
summer months as there is little food for them when everything is dried up.

So they have created this situation, its a danger to the deer and to the people.

I guess this will provide them with fuel for their fodder. Its ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

the DNR agents to euthanize animals

Maybe these idiots are confused about their acronym. "It's NOT DO NOT RESUSCITATE, Soldier!" :shk:
Psychotic bastards. God, sometimes I really despise human beings.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Not just any deer....Giggles is his new name, he was CIA hiding out after Benghazi.

GIGGLES BOURNE!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grobi77

It's against the law!
This is how we have to deal with these criminals!

'murica, f**k yeah!

But a massive force??

Couldn't the pink shot from the vet done the same thing? Lol

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Deaf Alien

the DNR agents to euthanize animals

Maybe these idiots are confused about their acronym. "It's NOT DO NOT RESUSCITATE, Soldier!" :shk:
Psychotic bastards. God, sometimes I really despise human beings.

I always choose animals over humans.

My dogs have never stabbed me in the back or broke my heart, not once.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
When Bambi treated as a threat to national security you know your goverments gone mad

Hell even the UK hasnt gone that mad with power........YET........

Right. When the government gets word of a BABY deer in captivity we have to call in the tactical team of goons, bit when Russia warns us twice about a possible Chechen terrorist we somehow are complete morons or look the other way.

Is something backwards here?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Its a bit more complicated than that , he was no ordinary Bambi , In fact the NSA manage to intercept numerous phone conversations from the said property , and it was established the he was one of the most highest ranking
Al QaeDeer in this country

Its is also alleged that the Goose is if a suspected Nazi because he was seen walking strange , so was taken
away for further questioning .

Riouz

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You see? Fights at the dinner table in front of the kids notwithstanding, you and I DO agree on some very basic things.
Thanks for playing.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riouz

Its a bit more complicated than that , he was no ordinary Bambi , In fact the NSA manage to intercept numerous phone conversations from the said property , and it was established the he was one of the most highest ranking
Al QaeDeer in this country

Its is also alleged that the Goose is if a suspected Nazi because he was seen walking strange , so was taken
away for further questioning .

Riouz

If he was suspected of all that as you claim then he would have been let go with little or no questioning. I mean, it's not like he was some law-abiding American citizen who deserved NSA surveillance.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You see? Fights at the dinner table in front of the kids notwithstanding, you and I DO agree on some very basic things.
Thanks for playing.

I never fight with you at the dinner table! I always ask you to come with me to the shed because I need to show you something on the lawnmower then you get a spanking.

Wait, what?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join