It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agents Raid Animal Shelter, Kill Deer Named "Giggles"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Agents Raid Animal Shelter, Kill Deer Named "Giggles"

radio.foxnews.com

The president of a Wisconsin animal shelter is furious after the state Department of Natural Resources raided the facility with armed agents, detained volunteer workers and killed a baby deer named “Giggles.”

“I’m furious,” said Cindy Schultz, president of the Society of St. Francis in Kenosha, Wis. “We are a no-kill shelter. And they killed her. They killed Giggles. I’m furious – furious.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Pretty incredible right? Brute show of force. Call in the SWAT team. Aerial surveillance. 5 day Stakeout. Detain an entire family.

Only to murder the baby deer a short time later.

The questions is, what will the people of wisconsin do about this? My guess is nothing.

I really am so ashamed at times of what we have become in America. What do you suppose the cost to taxpayers was for this whole operation?

And in return, we got what benefit?

I can understand the general idea behind not wanting people to try to tame wildlife, but are you telling me that a simple knock on the door by a DNR agent that says "you can't do that" wouldn't have sufficed?

And again I would ask, what did we "gain" from this?

Absolutely PATHETIC from the DNR.

radio.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What the Hell?

I don't know what to say...

*facepalms for eternity*

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Another victory for big government. Hooray!!!! < /sarcasm>
edit on 3-8-2013 by SecretWeapon because: Spelling error

edit on 3-8-2013 by SecretWeapon because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by SecretWeapon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretWeapon

Another victory for big government.

While we go deeper into national debt.
Just another phony excuse to maintain a Big Brother fascist apparatus.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
www.wisn.com...

Here is a follow up article regarding this issue.

Looks like local news is really doing a great job.

Just to summarize the ridiculousness.

1. 9 DNR agents and 4 Deputy Sheriffs
2. Heavily Armed
3. Aerial Surveillance
4. Put the live deer in a body bag, before taking it off site to kill it
5. Deputy took a phone from one of those detained and deleted pictures of the raid from it (if thats true, he's an idiot, those are VERY easy to get back)
6. Also confiscated a goose living at the pond.

Tax money hard at work!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Did these agents not get enough love as little boys or something? Momma not give them enough attention perhaps? Coach didn't let them play in the big game, maybe?

They watched the place for DAYS, hiding in the woods?! What the heck were they doing?? They treated an animal shelter how I'd expect law enforcement to act if the target was a Hells Angels Clubhouse or perhaps a major drug kingpin's compound.

I guess they require those men to turn in their humanity before taking the badge and gun. They sure as ever ripped the hearts right out of the workers in that shelter. Ripped them out and may as well have laughed while doing it, for the pain it sounds like they inflicted.

Did it ever cross the minds of these Alpha bozos that they could have taken the deer into their custody, transported it AWAY from the people who had grown attached to it and THEN ..whatever state law demanded be done, get done?! This was cruel in a way that strikes me as truly mean spirited. Cruel, cold hearted people. No other way I can put it after reading the source link.

* just read the follow-up above mine and I have to note... The cops CLAIM it wasn't killed there...while they removed it inside a body bag. Uhh.. Yeah... Those are real useful for dead bodies because they are AIR TIGHT. If the poor thing wasn't dead going in, I wonder how long it lived zipped inside? (checks outside temps) Ahh.. Looks like it was a war m summer day on July 15th. Lets see....They probably opened at 9am... The article says 3 hours for the search... Yeah.. They stuffed it into an air tight body bag, black I'm sure, on a nice warm summer day. If it WAS alive, they ought to be charged with criminal animal cruelty for that alone!
edit on 3-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Hmmmm I'm pretty sure PETA would be crying for the killers' heads

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is just bad all the way around. Why did they have to kill giggles! I mean seriously!

Is this what a swat team needs to be doing?

How about a local deputy knocking on the door and communicating with them?

You know the world is upside down when they send a freaking tactical unit to take out giggles.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
They took out Giggles quicker than they took out Osama bin Laden. Either we need to more heavily fund and expand our government to adequately deal with threats to national security, or Giggles was the most wanted Al Qaeda operative in the world...

...or a third option involving logic and all that junk, but who needs that?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by docpoco
www.wisn.com...

Here is a follow up article regarding this issue.

Looks like local news is really doing a great job.

Just to summarize the ridiculousness.

1. 9 DNR agents and 4 Deputy Sheriffs
2. Heavily Armed
3. Aerial Surveillance
4. Put the live deer in a body bag, before taking it off site to kill it
5. Deputy took a phone from one of those detained and deleted pictures of the raid from it (if thats true, he's an idiot, those are VERY easy to get back)
6. Also confiscated a goose living at the pond.

Tax money hard at work!

Seriously?! AND they confiscated a goose?!

Has any excuse been given for this ridiculousness yet???

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
your tax dollars hard at work..sigh, i have to give this site a rest for a few day..this is getting depressing..what a cesspool we live in

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

If this site were a police department, I'd recommend you go shoot a kid with a knife so that those few days you leave us would be paid.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
(ex text from the op source)

According to a state affidavit, the DNR had been conducting aerial and ground surveillance in advance of the raid searching for an “illegally-held live captive Whitetail deer.”

The shelter was not being fraudulent, sure they didn't have a license, but did authority have to act in such a manner? A shelter at that who was going to send the deer to rehabilitation.

“These are always very difficult situations for both parties involved and we are empathetic to the fact of what happened because we know in our heart of hearts they tried to do the right thing” she told the television station. “

Tried to do the right thing? Right. That's the problem too many people in situations such as this try to vouch for actions. More like the agents had no idea what they were doing... and it was illegal.

“If they put her in that bag alive, they’ve got some explaining to do,” she said. “That’s animal cruelty and in Wisconsin that’s a felony. I don’t know what these idiots did out here, but we’re going to find out.”

"She told television station WISN the deer was tranquilized and killed at another location."

Really...what's the truth, yeah, let's see after the investigation.

“This is so bizarre it’s almost unbelievable,” Schultz said. “They’ve apparently got nothing else to do in Wisconsin.”

Yeah, you think it will end with an absurd shelter raid?

On top of that...

“They shut down our shelter and wouldn’t let anyone leave,” she said. “Nobody was allowed to use their phones. They were under armed guard.”

Lockdown now! We have Deer bin Laden, I repeat, Deer bin Laden!

edit on 3-8-2013 by dreamingawake because: correction.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Cmon guys Giggles was obviously a terrorist, he googled pressure cookers and backpacks in the days leading up to the raid, then tried to use the goose as a goose shield. Giggles got what he deserved IMO.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

You're wrong. "Giggles" was Snowden's new Russian identity. Get your facts straight.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Seriously?! AND they confiscated a goose?!

Please, understand, this story infuriates me at a deep level. I try and imagine what the shelter people must have been feeling and I just get madder. So...with that in mind?

I *HAVE* to ask .... That wasn't a wild goose by any chance, was it? I imagine there was even a bit of chasing involved, wouldn't you think? Now what might we call that?

- - - -

I wonder if the fools even realize HOW stupid they looked in what they did here? If I was a cop, in Wisconsin particularly, I'd be irate for the blemish this put on them all. After all, 13 of them??? For a literal wild goose chase and to deliver the Death Penalty to Bambi? REALLY?! For shame to every last one. They should hang their heads low for the "big bad cops and agents" they showed themselves to be that day. Wow.... That's showing mother nature!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DivisiveConformity

Deer do like.. Snowy.. dens. This has illuminati all over it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Can't just have a loose lipped goose - on the loose !

Does this state have a hunting season ?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Seems a bunch of wannabe's testing out all the gear they got from Homeland Security grants.

Just a big waste of resources that could have been put to better use chasing down real criminals.

Peace

RIP Giggles

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join