just another story

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I once again feel compelled to share another story with y’all.
It must have been around the late 1970’ and some very good friends of mine rented an old farmhouse. Being a single girl I had my faithful companion, a small mutt that looked like a Jack Russell terrier. She went everywhere with me-work, parties, even rode in a milk crate on the back of my Kawasaki 650.
We spent several evenings and nights at my friends farmhouse. It was very country, and very isolated. It was such a pleasant place to hang out and had a fantastically comfortable aura.
We soon noticed there was the recurring smell of delicious food cooking. Being young and ‘believers’, we would joke that ‘she’ was cooking again.
Sometimes we would hear footsteps going upstairs. Being young and brave, sensitive to the good vibes, we would simply comment on how good dinner smelled or that they were going to bed, etc.
One day I went there and although the truck was not there I knocked on the door thinking maybe one of them was home.
No one answered the door, so as I went to leave I looked back at the house to see a woman looking at me through the second story window with the curtain pulled back. As I looked, she let go of the curtain. I clearly saw a woman and I clearly saw the curtain fall. I was actually a bit peeved, thinking my girlfriend just didn’t want my company that evening. But I left.
The next day being the single party pest that I was, I stopped by their place after work. I was very welcome like always, but had to ask them why Karen would not let me in yesterday. They both swore they were both gone when I came over.
And after I told my story, we simply agreed it was ‘her’.
We never felt anything negative, nor did we ever threaten whatever was there. We just accepted it, welcomed it and enjoyed it.
We kind of took ‘her’ for granted. She was there first, after all.
I spent many nights there. Too much alcohol usually. One night I fell asleep (passed out) in the guest room bed with a lit cigarette. Back then it should have been the kiss of death, nothing was fireproof. I woke up the next morning with a little burn hole in the sheets and mattress, and wondered why it went out. I still believe and thank her for saving me that night from myself.
Another night me and my little dog were again spending the night. This night we slept on the couch. Just as I was falling off to sleep my dog’s low growl got my attention. She was looking towards the kitchen. I sat up and could clearly hear footsteps coming our way. The footsteps came from the kitchen, through the dining room and into the family room where we were. The most attention grabbing thing was my dog who was on the couch with me. There was enough moonlight coming through the open windows that I could see everything in the room. I could not see anything, but I could clearly hear the footsteps. My dog actually followed the footsteps with her eyes and head, growling softly the whole time. It was obvious she could see it but I could only hear it. I froze, my hair standing on end. The footsteps continued through my room, past the couch, into the hall and then on up the stairs. My dog then settled down and eventually I did too, but it was most definitely one of the most obvious encounters I have ever had with the other side.

The farmhouse was demolished and the farm sold to make a subdivided neighborhood in the mid 1980’s. A house was built close to where the old farmhouse was. The terrain was rearranged. There is now a pond where the barn was. I often wonder if she is still there. If I could stand where the farmhouse was, would I feel her? Smell her? It makes me very sad her house is gone.
dothedew's thread inspired me to print this.
Just because the material building is gone does it ever change in the spiritual world? Why wouldn't the building remain to them?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

If they are earthbound, then, Yes, she/whoever would know the house was gone. This is why spirits act up when someone remodels an old home. They don't like other people messing with "their" house.

It's sad, yes. Now she will be a wandering spirit that people in the new subdivision will probably see walking the streets trying to find her home.

Great story. Thanks for sharing. S&F.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Which brings up a thought of mine (okay and a zillion others) that these beings don't seem as complex or "all there" as the usual embodied person.

They seem like they're only a shade of a personality.

I mean, don't you think you'd figure out you're dead after a while, or that the house you hung out in was gone at some level?

It seems to speak to the state these beings find themselves is different than our state or that they are "incomplete" in a way. Or at least not as cognitively complex.

Goes back to the ideas that we are composite energy beings that split up at death, maybe.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

'Goes back to the ideas that we are composite energy beings that split up at death, maybe. '
Oh my gosh I never thought of it that way. I have always stuck with the belief that we stay 'together'.
I do think some spirits (what they call residual hauntings) are not really spirits , but rather time itself and the matter involved is imprinted with a tragic scene, and somehow time itself replays the scene over and over. But as far as I know, nothing tragic ever happened in that house. There was no pattern played over and over. The cooking smells were random and different. The footsteps varied in location. It was just like she didn't know she was dead and continued on with her daily chores day after day. But then again, the window incident tells me she was aware of current activities.?
But I have often wondered, cases like this, do they know they are dead? are they stuck? or do they refuse to leave?

reply to post by sled735

I hope she found her way along. Oddly enough, I felt attached to her.
When we bought this farmhouse 18 years ago, it was a wreck. We spent a good ten years fixing it up, all the while doing our best to maintain it's original aura, restoring the original woodwork, etc. I felt the whole time that there was a woman here watching us. I could hear her often walking around upstairs. Our tv would turn itself on from time to time, and the stereo in the middle of the night. Yet I never felt uneasy, just that she was watching. I talked to her alot about how we loved the farm and the house and the barns. When we finally got done with all the rooms I felt like she left. I like to think she approved of our love for the farm and could move on knowing it had a good home.
perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but thats the impression I got. When I die, I might do the same thing if I can. Just for fun.

exclusive video

new topics

join