It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment: Guns or no Guns ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Arming the Populace As A Deterrent to Aggression

I wish that would work. I wish a gun in the house would protect me
against electronic weapons [HAARP], chemical pollution [chlorine and
fluorine in the water], groundwater pollution, false innoculations
and Gummint lies. But a gun in the house will protect against NONE
of these dangers.

The only real protection is KNOWING THE TRUTH about what is in your
water, the air you are breathing, and the EMF that surrounds your
home.

We all may need cloud busters, water filters and Faraday cages--just
to survive--not to mention, clean food we grow ourselves.

We have to take care of ourselves before we can fix this debacle
called "The New World Order" that seeks to reduce our planet's
population by some 80%. "They" wanna kill us anywhich way they can.

And another way they want to kill us is to break up our families by
teaching children in school that "having two mommies or two daddies is
the same as being in a regular family." I realize homosexual sex does
not increase our planet's population; however, destabilizing the whole
structure of human families and reducing humanity to a state-controlled
mindset is definitely a satanic--demeaning, paternalistic, top-down,
condescending--idea.

And guns won't help there either.

Neither will guns help when we get to the Emergency Room, wait for
twelve hours, and if we get to "see a doctor" at all, all they do is look at
us, hand us an aspirin or bandage and send us back home. Our guns
won't fix the total denial of Health Care, either.

So, before you place REGUATING GUNS AT THE TOP OF THE LIST OF
ABUSES, remember that's just the very tip of the iceberg, and it's not the
factor or feature that is most threatening to our survival at all.

Not in the least.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

[edit on 27-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but the Second Amendment doesn't have anything to do with the list of problems that you presented on your post.

I'll agree that we indeed have a many problems that the Second Amendment can't solve. But then, the Second Amendment wasn't created to solve them.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Emily

Your point is well taken, we have a government in place that is only interested in protecting the 2nd amendment. I believe it's good to have a gun around for protection or when you get tired of opossoms raiding the garbage at night.

It's a matter of (I now hate this word) "morals", a lot of people thinks it's that which is coming from Pat Robinson. People that's not it.

We have to start with respect, your belief is not the same as others.
What ever happened to "For the better of the people".
Before we start judging other peoples morals, remember "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
And I aggree, healthcare and wellbeing should top the list.

"Homeland Security" stands for "Terrorize America".

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
When someone breaks into your house to rape or kill you is HAARP going to matter? Is KNOWING THE TRUTH about what is in your water, the air you are breathing going to help you? Is a 4 min response time from the cops going to help you? Nope not in the least but a .375 or a shotgun sure will.

The Goverment should fear the people not the other way around. With out guns you are pretty much sheep to the slaughter if they wanted to do that. Just ask Germans under Hitler and Russians under Stalin.

One of the first things they did was take away the guns from the people.

And really if any of the things you say are true like the NWO how do you expect to stop them? With good intentions perhaps

A 100 million US gun owners now you have something to work with.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I used to be "on the fence" about the gun issue. But honestly, if guns were essentially taken out of our hands, we would just use other things to kill eachother with anyways. So, I am pretty much for guns for the most part now...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I used to be "on the fence" about the gun issue. But honestly, if guns were essentially taken out of our hands, we would just use other things to kill eachother with anyways. So, I am pretty much for guns for the most part now...

I think your right there. If someone has it set in their mind to kill another human being not having a gun will not stop them. They will find a knife,club, pipe or a rock whatever.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

I read this as "I'm for guns to make it easier for people to kill each other!" Did I misunderstand what you meant?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Uhhh emily what do you have against flouride?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Flouride - bad!
Guns - good!

Indeed, flouride is bad. But if we ever go to take back the nation, we aren't going to do it with toothbrushes, anyway.

Abe Lincoln said that the best we can hope for is every American citizen be armed. There was a reason for that. The same reason that the Founding Fathers protected that right. It should not even be a discussion, it should be something to be expected, and everyone should exercise it.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well why is flouride bad?
I mean let me put it this way My wife and eat the same things, I grew up in America, she grew up in Romaina. Every time we go to the dentist I have less cavities even though she brushes more often. The dentist says it is becuase of the flouride in the water which made my teeth stronger.
So what is wrong with flouride in the water?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The 2nd amendment is the most important amendment in our entire constitution. It�s been weakened over the last 20 years due to the good but totally stupid intentions of certain liberals. Our government SHOULD fear it�s population, not the other way around.

Also, just a point here. If you have children PLEASE don�t keep handguns around the house. It�s just asking for trouble. Get the heaviest, biggest, longest shotgun you can find. It�s much harder to shoot yourself with (at least for a small child, some rednecks seem to be able to accomplish this difficult task on a routine basis) and in the dark it will most likely hit any intruder without much aiming.

Keep your assault rifles locked in a safe place, you won�t need them for any ordinary situation and the government, being a bureaucracy, will give you plenty of warning before you�ll need go grab it.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Uh, excuse me, Buster, but I will not tolerate you making slurs at us Rednecks, you hear me?
Next time you make that little statemtn, you make sure that the cranial self-detonation by some of our less refined brethren are only accomplished by those who have the propensity for saying, "Hey, ever'body; watch THIS!" See the difference?

By the way, I never locked up a revolver any other firearm because of my son, who is a healthy and smart kid. I didn't have to, he understood pain before he understood the operation of a firearm. I can't remove all the bad things in the world and put them out of his reach, but I can take the time to discipline him, teach him and spend as darned much time with him as I can so that when he comes across something, he'll know ahead of time whether to mess with it.
I'm not saying it works for everyone, but I haven't heard of a kid blowing himself away or another person away by accident in my neck of the woods.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Now, when it comes to hunting dogs stepping on the trigger of the shotgun, discharging the round into its owner...that's another story; and a hilarious one at that! I don't care how many times I hear of it happening, I laugh to tears. That right there is funny; I don't care who you are!!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I live in Australia, and we have stringent gun control laws, and it's horrible. We have to rely on the incompetent police force, and go to sleep at night knowing that the only citizens that have easy access to guns in our cities are criminals.

We also have to trust that our governments "goodwill" continues, otherwise what can the people do? Afterall only the state police, military and criminals have the weapons

Emily, you seem to have a problem with communication, or maybe it's just me
are you saying that guns are the root cause of America's problems, Americans should stop worrying about gun laws or that guns should be banned

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wow those guns need to start picking up the slack, seems like they've gotten kind of lazy. Guns will never be banned in America, they might be regulated a little with meaningless laws(I just bought a brand new 17 round clip for my 9mm pistol last week due to the recent expiration of the assault weapons ban). How many gunowners do you know that would turn their guns in to the government if asked to do so ?........ Well I'm going archery hunting this weekend, not gun season here yet, but the deer still aren't safe, within 50 yards anyway

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lanceman
How many gunowners do you know that would turn their guns in to the government if asked to do so ?

Only good, honest law abidding ones

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister

Originally posted by Lanceman
How many gunowners do you know that would turn their guns in to the government if asked to do so ?

Only good, honest law abidding ones

Breaking the law isn't always bad or wrong
I wouldn't mind being considered a criminal if it was over that issue anyway, I would be proud to stand up to it.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
whose family came here from Oxford England in 1609, I can honestly say that the right to bear arms was given to the citizens to keep the government from becoming to powerful. Or as a famous grandfather of mine once said, a little civil unrest can be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Szticks

I read this as "I'm for guns to make it easier for people to kill each other!" Did I misunderstand what you meant?

No, that's not what I meant.

Look. People have been killing eachother without guns for thousands and thousands of years, and taking away a medium, that can potentially help protect you from a number of things, isn't going to stop people from killing each other. So it's really not going to make a difference. If it wasn't guns, it would be swords.

However, I do think that WMD's should be banned, dismantled, destroyed and forgotten, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Points being, is that anything can be made into a weapon to kill and hurt, it just depend on how you swing it...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Fluoride INTERRUPTS the "corpus collosum" and truncates messages between the two halves of the brain. It makes zombies. Here, lots and lots of citations. And don't forget go get a three-stage filter to filter your water if you don't want all this to happen to you. Really. --Em

CHEMICAL_TOXICITY.--POISONING THE PEOPLE: FLUORIDE

Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:55:10 -0000>BR> From: msswv123 at yahoogroups/chemtrailstrackingusa
Subject: Re: aluminum & fluoride

Let's not forget what happens when you mix it with fluoride, helps the aluminum cross the blood/brain barrier...and you will be very surprised what products contain fluoride including our drinking water..just sent this to fox after the did a show called drugging our children~...blessings T

What do most of those antidepressants have in common?� most contain "fluoride"�.paxil, prozac even cipro~�.lots of research done on fluoride's affect on the brain and pineal gland~�been called the lunatic drug by some~lots of research if you take the time to look...

What do pesticides, fertilizers, air pollution, prozac, nerve gas, toothpaste, and tap water have in common? ...

What Doctors Don't Tell You, Volume 9, No. 12, March, 1999.

Fluoride: Damning new evidence

Researcher Doris Jones has unearthed startling new evidence demonstrating that fluoride interferes with enzyme systems, damaging many organ systems of the body.

www.fluoride.org.uk...

Fluoride in Drinking Water Increases Toxicity of Aluminum

www.newconnexion.net...

Fluoridation is the greatest case of scientific fraud of this century, if not of all time." - Robert Carton, PhD, scientist, formerly of the US Environmental Protection Agency.

www.npwa.freeserve.co.uk...

Research Links Low Levels of Fluoride and Aluminum to Alzheimer's and Kidney Damage, October 6, 1998 -- In a study just published in the peer-reviewed journal Brain Research the presence of low levels of fluoride in the drinking water of test animals, equal to the amount of elemental fluorine found in fluoridated water, caused damage to the tissue of the brain that the authors identified as similar to the pathological changes found in humans with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. SEE
www.sonic.net...

Fluoridation / Fluoride Toxic Chemicals In Your Water --
www.holisticmed.com...

Are the claimed benefits of ingesting fluoride over-rated and the risks to our health and eco-system under-reported?

www.fluoridation.com... --

Skeletal fluorosis is a crippling bone disease caused by fluoride

www.fluoridation.com...

STOP Fluoridation USA --

www.rvi.net...

DID GOVERNMENT APPROVE CITIZENS AS TOXIC WASTE SITES?

www.thewinds.org...

Leading Edge Scientific Abstracts on Fluoride Bio-Toxicity

www.trufax.org... Nerve Agents

Lethal organo-phosphorus compounds inhibiting cholinesterase

www.opcw.nl... -- "The plain fact that fluorine is an insidious poison, harmful, toxic and cumulative in its effects, even when ingested in minimal amounts, will remain unchanged no matter how many times it will be repeated in print that fluoridation of the water supply is 'safe'." Ludwig Gross, M.D., former Chief of Veterans Administration, Cancer Research, Bronx, NY.

www.connect4free.net...

Los Angeles fluoridation lawsuit

www.sonic.net...

Fluoride or Sodium Hydroxide? An Environmental Detective Story, by Dan Montgomery,

www.sonic.net...

AMERICA: OVERDOSED ON FLUORIDE

www.zerowasteamerica.org...

An International Coalition to End Water Fluoridation and Alert People to Fluoride's Health and Environmental Risks

www.fluoridealert.org...

"Fluoridation is the greatest case of scientific fraud of this century, if not of all time." - Robert Carton, PhD, scientist, formerly of the US Environmental Protection Agency.

www.npwa.freeserve.co.uk...

Common pesticides use fluoridation chemicals as their main ingredient

www.apfn.org...

leverleyeux.homestead.com...

And i dont want to get started with Dioxin PVC

shirtmagic.com...

Let's not forget what happens when you mix it with fluoride, helps the aluminum cross the blood/brain barrier.. Increasing Alzheimer's and primary brain tumors: The price of fluoridation?

George Glasser/Andreas Schuld

Inhaling airborne fluorides or silicates is a more highly effective way of metabolizing these toxicants than through ingestion or even through skin absorption. When they meet lung tissues, the molecules are released into the blood stream in their search for target organs.

home.att.net...

All three studies found that aluminum-fluoride interactions are associated with brain and kidney damage in laboratory animals. Aside from brain and kidney damage, there was an 80% mortality rate in the animals fed doses of sodium fluoride and aluminum similar to those found in artificially fluoridated drinking water.

Alum (aluminum sulfate) is most frequently used by water companies to improve the appearance of drinking water, to make it clear. For many years, aluminum has been known to be neurotoxic to humans and animals.

The researchers considered that fluoride and aluminum could combine in the stomach and be more readily transported to the brain. The combination, they believed, could enhance neurological damage and cause conditions such as presenile dementia or Alzheimer's like dementia (ALD). During the first experiment, the researchers had noted and were perplexed by the alarmingly high death rate in the group of animals receiving aluminum and fluoride in their drinking water (80% of the animals in the low-dose group died before completion of the experiment).

They also noted that the amounts of aluminum and fluoride fed to the animals was about the same as the amounts people are exposed to in artificially fluoridated public water supplies

home.att.net...

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:26:46 -0700
Subject: flouride

Did you know that flouride also retards transmitter processes in the hippocampus area of the brain? Makes one wonder what the real intent was behind the government putting this poison in all our public water when the flouride only helps the teeth when applied topically and there is absolutely no benefit in taking it internally. Flouride is also known to atrophy the pineal gland in the center of the brain. There are so many actually good things that could have been chosen to be added to our water if the improved health of the populace were really the intent. Pocatello

top topics

<<   2 >>

join