It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tells the US to stop bothering them.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Pot calling the kettle black! propaganda!
do you all work for the CIA?

the bit at the end can be said about usa.

"issues of racial discrimination," yes
"lack of protection of indigenous rights," the american Indians.
"the use of torture against terrorism" yes they do that a lot
"poor prison conditions and other issues within the United States"

and you all fall in with this?
and I bet you are proud to be an america!
dont you read Any of the other posts?

China is no better than america.
But China Is getting better.
as america gets worse.

edit on 3-8-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You guys do realize that China publishes a yearly human rights report criticizing the U.S. for its human rights record, it's nothing new. I HIGHLY recommend you guys check it out, very interesting.

I have the link to the report if you want to take a look, its on their Xinhua news site:

Full Text of Human Rights Record of the United States in 2011

It addresses many of our domestic issues that the gov't perpetuates or ignores. Oh, and it also criticizes our gun ownership rights by saying that lax laws causes gun ownership haha
edit on 3-8-2013 by TheIllusiveMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
China is very old, the US is very young...i doubt we'll ever last as long as they have... sure they've had their ups and downs, but this country is borderline insane.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIllusiveMan
You guys do realize that China publishes a yearly human rights report criticizing the U.S. for its human rights record, it's nothing new. I HIGHLY recommend you guys check it out, very interesting.

I have the link to the report if you want to take a look, its on their Xinhua news site:

Full Text of Human Rights Record of the United States in 2011

It addresses many of our domestic issues that the gov't perpetuates or ignores. Oh, and it also criticizes our gun ownership rights by saying that lax laws causes gun ownership haha
edit on 3-8-2013 by TheIllusiveMan because: (no reason given)

A lot of our police seem to act more on adrenaline and egotism and often do not look into potential threats.

I have heard countless stories and have some of my own, where reports were made to the police over violence or a threat of violence or harassment and the answer was "well, there's really nothing we can do unless we have proof or if something worse happens"... but they will damn sure snatch you out of your car if they think you're mouthing off to them.

They are hot headed. What I've seen of China law enforcement was strict but calmly cold natured.
I'm not saying there is no corruption but things seem to be very wacky here where a lot is not taken seriously until someone gets pissed off. Many cops seem to be more interested in getting respect than in preventing crime. There is so much egotism in this country and guns are just an extension of the ego in many cases. In my experience, male cops are resentful to me simply because I am female but will be lenient on a white boy who they see as a bro so long as he speaks coherently. This puts it in my mind that I need a gun even though I don't really want one, because I don't trust every police officer to help me if somebody comes after me. There's a lot of quiet resentment towards females who American males often only see as an opportunist out to screw some guy over... because it's been done to them. American females date and dump freely... and American males often have respect issues. Society itself is kind of mentally ill... in many countries... most actually, but in the US it's just really wacky and everybody seems to just want to make stupid jokes and drink their minds away. It's like nothing is real... it's a bad TV show and protocol is strange, unreal, backwards, full of red tape and just flat out annoying.

It's like Reno 911 meets Cops meets Apocalypse Now meets Dawson's Creek.

China does this because the US and Europe are always attacking their human rights to perpetuate communist fear. This is tit for tat.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Speaking of China and their demands I wonder how this rhetorical will play out in 2014
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(shameless thread plug)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Speaking of China and their demands I wonder how this rhetorical will play out in 2014
(shameless thread plug)

Good. They have every right to be a part of that and learn from it what they may learn.

USSR helped defeat Nazis with the allies before decades of cold war. It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KarmaComa

In theory yes, but you know that in reality prisons are just a place where small criminals get contacts to become bigger criminals once they are out.
And the big criminals in prison, well, they can still continue managing their business as if they were outside.

Well yes, I agree with this statement. It's happening to my little brother right now. He started with smoking pot and went straight to stealing cars, guns and anything he could loot in a few seconds.

There are however, people who do find redemption and truly do change, but it takes them wanting to change. They have to "repent" which means to change their mind about doing things. I often wonder if crime is an addiction.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

You are correct in your observation of Chinese law enforcement, very "cold natured." But, they won't hesitate to beat the crap out of anyone that they deem "below" them in the social ladder. For example, homeless, migrant workers to the big cities, peasants, and the ordinary citizen that doesn't have any important relationships with the higher ups. Many of them will see # going on but won't want to get involved. Oftentimes they'll see someone getting robbed, and if they don't feel it is worth their time, they simply won't intervene.
It is also worth mentioning that regular Chinese police officers are not armed.

Wow, thank you for sharing the point of view of being a woman and dealing with cops. It was always my impression (from movies
) that woman could get away with more things because she is a woman and the cop would therefore be more lenient. I never thought it would be as you said, with "quiet resentment."

"everybody seems to just want to make stupid jokes and drink their minds away."
-story of my lfe
I feel like people think that they are mini-celebrities and they began to act in that way as if they're on TV all the time. People just want to be drunk, high, #faced, etc. it seem like everyone is running away from some type of pain. Thanks for mentionign these things, you just typed what I have been observing and thinking for a long time now.

There is a section of Chinese law enforcement called Chengguan, they are an urban administrative law enforcement bureau. They are basically thugs with no restraints placed on them, they do the jobs that police don't want to dirty their hands do. They try to keep the cities clean and enforce city code. So they beat up vendors, bully beggers, and all these fringe groups. They have a terrible reputation with the Chinese people and have caused a lot of controversy domestically and internationally.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

You know, your making the mistake like most do of assuming it's the governments in China and America in control of anything when in reality it's the money in charge and those in charge of the money.

I'll give you this...

If this Axis goes kaput... it will be "The American attitude" that screws it up... Even politicians can't ignore it if mistakes are made that rally the public against them... on any side of the many sided coin here.

But the people in charge are well aware the stuff spoken and bs politics have little reality...

I called it an Axis and compared it to Japan and germany for a reason, those two nations had nothing in common, the world was particularly a lot bigger then too but what the bankers want to make happen what the ceos desire is what happened even in a time when... there wasn't even a remote interchange between cultures or leaders...

If the money wants a Monster Asian consumer base and to shift the power to the East... they will get that, they already have.

What America wants? What China wants? It matters little... the avg joe American wants little to do with China and vice versa... The Politicians will talk smack... complain about Tibet, say things on the news, pretend North korea even matters or any other topic... it's all bs...

all the while through the talking...the Trillions fly East, the technology gets leaked, the immigration wave gets bigger every day...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
(shameless thread plug)

Yes

No surprise to me here.

One of the biggest issues I have in political debate here on Ats is the persistence of belief that "spoken" politics have any meaning, that communism and capitalism actual even still exist.

The paradigm of today is Globalism, The Era is Communications, The Enemy are the forces that answer to religion not Science, in a day when a rouge Nuke in China or Russia or America or the EU anywhere can cripple ALL the above economies at once via single city interconnected by light across the globe, this is 1st World vs 3rd world....

We work exhaustively to Avoid war with each other our governments are separate our economies are not, war between us is next to impossible... Things have shifted.

We will cooperate to destroy those with the resources in the third world we respectively need, China she paid for us to invade the ME the only bickering is over the spoils... it's like arguing over who leaves the tip at dinner it is NOT serious.

The Five nations the head the UN security council are for all intents and purposes in Cahoots, we will secure the OIl for the Growth of the consumers and lenders, we will alter our constitution to have similar social systems, yes... our Militaries will work together... so the EU, Russia and China and our proxy States have water and energy because we are separate governments but ONE Economy....

Communism, Democracy... none of it matters... this Century is about the resources and Globalism. That makes our old Enemies Allies.

9-11 had ONE effect... it demonstrated that even Two Buildings in any one of our major cities going down could damage all of our economies. Of course China will wargame with us, we are "competitors" but not enemies, It is very important to protect Hong Kong and Beijing it is as economically unthinkable to every International Bank and every CEO of any International company anywhere for something to wrong there as it is unthinkable for it to happen in NY or London or Moscow or Paris or Berlin or Tokyo

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
China, despite its progress, is a human rights HELL HOLE, and always has been. The long story made short is, that no one bloody well has any there, not any that you or I would recognise.

BUT!!!!!

Lets be realistic about this shall we? No nation which has a comprehensive surveillance of its entire population, without warrant or probable cause, and not only that but has pretty much accessed the entire content of all telecoms traffic of every type, everywhere, AND arrested and charged whistleblowers with false espionage charges (false because a release to the public does not constitute espionage, since it does not seek to place any one nation on a higher footing, but is done for the public's benifit), AND threatened other nations with spurious sanctions, AND runs terror networks (which it later blames for incidents all over the world, incidents which some how excuse invasions of other nations not in any way connected to those networks) AND couldnt deal with the Occupy protests without macing unarmed peaceful protestors...*takes a breath* can be considered to have a correctly balanced moral compass.

Frankly, the United States of America ought to shut its mouth, good and tight, for at least a decade, on any such issue, lest its government be seen as even more vast hypocrites than they already seem to be. And before anyone points the finger at my own nation and says the same, I agree whole heartedly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join