It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tells the US to stop bothering them.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ok... Stop bothering them on isolated human rights issues but they still said it, according to this article.

news.xinhuanet.com...

I don't know who's idea these talks were, but I get the feeling that it was US officials. Not only did it take place in China but there is a defensive tone that the article takes... even though it starts as a seemingly cooperative conversation. I find this very interesting but I admit that I tend to look for this type of dialogue in recent world news and this is a classic slight on the part of China.

At first, in light of other recent news, I am surprised to hear that such a conversation took place at all...starting with this careful wording.

The two sides conducted frank, in-depth, comprehensive and constructive discussions on the protection of human rights and national concerns, international cooperation in human rights, justice and human rights, freedom of expression and privacy rights protection, according to the press release

Really? Hmmm *scratches head*

Then China presents it's side of the discussion.

The Chinese side introduced the country's achievements in democracy and the rule of law, improvement of people's livelihood, protection of minority rights, promotion of the coordinated development of civil and political rights and economic, social and cultural rights, it said. The U.S. side fully affirmed China's progress in promoting economic and social development and poverty alleviation, the press release said.

And the US agrees? Kudos to you, China, for your achievements but I'm still finding this conversation odd at this point in time, but I guess the US is in no place to deny it. Then it goes on to continue to confuse me as to how and why this dialogue got started when we see so many unusual things happening between China and the West that do not sound like cooperation at all.

The Chinese side said that the dialogue on human rights is meaningful for building a new type of relationship between major powers, calling on the two sides to effectively deal with differences and conduct pragmatic cooperation.

Okaaaay... if you say so, China... pragmatic cooperation? What new type of relationship? Hmmm?

The dialogue should be guided by mutual respect, equality, mutual non-interference in internal affairs, according to the Chinese side.

Ahhh... Ok, now this is the China I recognize... about to ever so politely get it's point across, but the US being in China and raising these concerns... are they getting the delicate hint?

Now wait for the buzzer....

China's human rights situation is in the best period in history and China is a country ruled by law, the Chinese side stressed, urging the U.S. side to respect China's judicial sovereignty and stop bothering China on some isolated cases. The Chinese side raised the issues of racial discrimination, lack of protection of indigenous rights, the use of torture against terrorism, poor prison conditions and other issues within the United States, according to the press release.

SLAM DUNK!... And that's how you play "China Ball"

Go on with ya bad self, China.

I still want to know who's idea these talks were... anybody know?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
S&F

No idea who initiated these talks...but, Ooh smokin'... Somebody got burned.

Truth be told, We do ummm... have "issues" with Human Rights here in the United States. I am glad someone has finally stood up to, and told the US to mind it's own business and take care of our own issues here at home.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The Chinese side raised the issues of racial discrimination, lack of protection of indigenous rights, the use of torture against terrorism, poor prison conditions and other issues within the United States, according to the press release.

Well, they got that part right.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Americas first mistake with China? Giving a Communist country Most favored nation status.

Now just imagine if we gave the USSR the same status?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
S&F

No idea who initiated these talks...but, Ooh smokin'... Somebody got burned.

Truth be told, We do ummm... have "issues" with Human Rights here in the United States. I am glad someone has finally stood up to, and told the US to mind it's own business and take care of our own issues here at home.

It definitely needs to be said, doesn't it? The problem is, it takes some clout to get away with saying it... if you're in the news.

Gaddafi went on a rant at the UN and look what happened to him.

I made this post because now we have China addressing OUR human rights issues and people need to consider that with what is going on with our country right now, we've got to give credit to countries who take notice and have the courage to say it... because our government is not listening to us anymore and it's really been going on a while. We see China making progress while the great USA is backsliding into the dark ages.
edit on 2-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Americas first mistake with China? Giving a Communist country Most favored nation status.

Now just imagine if we gave the USSR the same status?

Well, that really doesn't have anything to do with this topic.... but I was very curious about this too when I learned of it years ago... and was surprised to learn how much democrats and republicans collaborated to make this happen during the Clinton administration.

Maybe you should make your own thread about it... because so far, I do not think the reasons for this have been fully established. I do not think it was so much of a mistake anymore, but am still quite curious as to why it happened... and you should be aware that in the same administration, Hong Kong was released by the British.

You know what I think? I think they had no choice and China earned this right fair and square.

Somebody in washington and somebody in England seems to have gotten backed into a corner by China... and it's most likely their own damn fault. Maybe they needed to repay some of their lofty debt and this is how they did it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think China has come a long way on human rights. I understand their not wanting their citizens to become spoiled like Americans. They have the right to structure their economy and their government and judicial system as they want, it is not our right to interfere with another country that poses no real threat to America. We do that too much already, getting our noses in where they don't belong.

It would be nice to go to China to see some of the things they have there. In my next life I may be able to afford it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think China has come a long way on human rights. I understand their not wanting their citizens to become spoiled like Americans. They have the right to structure their economy and their government and judicial system as they want, it is not our right to interfere with another country that poses no real threat to America. We do that too much already, getting our noses in where they don't belong.

It would be nice to go to China to see some of the things they have there. In my next life I may be able to afford it.

Completely agreed

Off topic: Found the the Rainbow Mountains the other day. I would love to go see them - so awesome!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Only Nixon could go to China

Ah, Gotta love the disasters decisions made in the name of peace...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Well, they got that part right.

Tibet right?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

People who visit China often seem to say the same thing... that China is great. From impressive cities to charming villages. I would love to visit China. Too bad I can't afford that kind of vacation. Too bad that long term stays are probably hard to come by. They don't exactly seem to be looking for more citizens to add to their numbers.

I'd like to see Russia too. SOUTHERN parts of Russia, that is.

I'd love to leave the United States. People always say that anyone who leaves will only want to come back, but there is a very stagnant and corrosive vibe in the US to me... especially right now and I don't like it at all. I feel like it's closing in, smothering the life out of me. I don't dig American culture too much anymore... so what part would be so hard for me... if I could find work? Other than being scared and on my own in a foreign country. I can walk a straight line. I certainly wouldn't be in their streets protesting wearing an American flag on my head... that's for sure. I'd like to see my country change... for the good of the people, but it's not happening. It's just getting more embarrassing by the minute.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I agree with how you feel. A change would be nice and is needed. But this is our home (at least mine).

Change begins at home, one person at a time. If everyone only "wishes" ..... don't expect it to come true.
Case in point, the Egyptian people - outcome to be determined.

edit on 2-8-2013 by miner49r because: Typo

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...
QUOTE:
But there will be nothing ordinary about Yong's death by lethal injection. Unless he wins an appeal, he will draw his final breath strapped inside a vehicle that has been specially developed to make executions more cost-effective and efficient.

In chilling echoes of the 'gas-wagon' project pioneered by the Nazis to slaughter criminals, the mentally ill and Jews, this former member of the China People's Party will be handcuffed to a so-called 'humane' bed and executed inside a gleaming new, hi-tech, mobile 'death van.'

After trials of the mobile execution service were launched quietly three years ago - then hushed up to prevent an international row about the abuse of human rights before the Olympics last summer - these vehicles are now being deployed across China.

The number of executions is expected to rise to a staggering 10,000 people this year (not an impossible figure given that at least 68 crimes - including tax evasion and fraud - are punishable by death in China).

Developed by Jinguan Auto, which also makes bullet-proof limousines for the new rich in this vast country of 1.3 billion people, the vans appear unremarkable.

They cost £60,000, can reach top speeds of 80mph and look like a police vehicle on patrol. Inside, however, the 'death vans' look more like operating theatres.

Executions are monitored by video to ensure they comply with strict rules, making it possible to describe precisely how Jiang Yong will die. After being sedated at the local prison, he will be loaded into the van and strapped to an electric-powered stretcher. END QUOTE:

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well at least in the states we capture or only beat to death, taser or shoot until death.... in some cases others spend years in prison and then are executed.... at least we are not harvesting their organs for internatioal sales...as far as we know?...Wonder if the death vans will ever be used in the UK or USA; surely not
I agree a sovereign country has every right to tell another country to bug out...With America's international standing under scrutiny because of all the revelations lately, the USA is being considered a hypocrite IMO...Say one thing do another.... everyone favorite kind of country/person..

www.usatoday.com...

CHONGQING, China — Zhang Shiqiang, known as the Nine-Fingered Devil, first tasted justice at 13. His father caught him stealing and cut off one of Zhang's fingers.

Twenty-five years later, in 2004, Zhang met retribution once more, after his conviction for double murder and rape. He was one of the first people put to death in China's new fleet of mobile execution chambers.

The country that executed more than four times as many convicts as the rest of the world combined last year is slowly phasing out public executions by firing squad in favor of lethal injections. Unlike the United States and Singapore, the only two other countries where death is administered by injection, China metes out capital punishment from specially equipped "death vans" that shuttle from town to town. End Quote:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I agree with how you feel. A change would be nice and is needed. But this is our home (at least mine).

Change begins at home, one person at a time. If everyone only "wishes" ..... don't expect it to come true.
Case in point, the Egyptian people - outcome to be determined.

edit on 2-8-2013 by miner49r because: Typo

Home is where the heart is. I don't know where my heart is... but it sure isn't anywhere around here. I talk to very few people around here. I honestly feel like there is somewhere else I'm supposed to be... where my life will begin. Right now I seem to just be biding time, chasing my tail, jumping through hoops and over stumbling blocks to have the right to a most meager and uncomfortable way of life. It could be worse, but no matter what I do, due the mindsets around here... it's not going to get any better. it will get worse before it gets better.

I don't consider myself one who just wishes. I put time and effort into promoting change... in my own life and in relation to world views to make this place better and to spend time on more efficient and positive endeavors. I have found that it only isolates me more.

I don't know where I belong, but it's not here.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OH China Pahlease!

You love our money and business's.

China if you don't like America that much why do you constantly steal from us?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Granted..Capital punishment may be a little stiff in China.

Captial Offences in the People's Republic of China

But on the brighter side, if we had a little stiffer penalties here in the US, I be those bankers would shape up real quick... Politicians beware, ... and not to mention a few other scum in the news lately.

Perhaps China is a little overboard, but then again what is their population? Keeping that many inline is a chore I bet. I am not advocating for China's methods, simply observing and commenting.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
www.dailymail.co.uk...
QUOTE:
But there will be nothing ordinary about Yong's death by lethal injection. Unless he wins an appeal, he will draw his final breath strapped inside a vehicle that has been specially developed to make executions more cost-effective and efficient.

In chilling echoes of the 'gas-wagon' project pioneered by the Nazis to slaughter criminals, the mentally ill and Jews, this former member of the China People's Party will be handcuffed to a so-called 'humane' bed and executed inside a gleaming new, hi-tech, mobile 'death van.'

After trials of the mobile execution service were launched quietly three years ago - then hushed up to prevent an international row about the abuse of human rights before the Olympics last summer - these vehicles are now being deployed across China.

The number of executions is expected to rise to a staggering 10,000 people this year (not an impossible figure given that at least 68 crimes - including tax evasion and fraud - are punishable by death in China).

Developed by Jinguan Auto, which also makes bullet-proof limousines for the new rich in this vast country of 1.3 billion people, the vans appear unremarkable.

They cost £60,000, can reach top speeds of 80mph and look like a police vehicle on patrol. Inside, however, the 'death vans' look more like operating theatres.

Executions are monitored by video to ensure they comply with strict rules, making it possible to describe precisely how Jiang Yong will die. After being sedated at the local prison, he will be loaded into the van and strapped to an electric-powered stretcher. END QUOTE:

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well at least in the states we capture or only beat to death, taser or shoot until death.... in some cases others spend years in prison and then are executed.... at least we are not harvesting their organs for internatioal sales...as far as we know?...Wonder if the death vans will ever be used in the UK or USA; surely not
I agree a sovereign country has every right to tell another country to bug out...With America's international standing under scrutiny because of all the revelations lately, the USA is being considered a hypocrite IMO...Say one thing do another.... everyone favorite kind of country/person..

www.usatoday.com...

CHONGQING, China — Zhang Shiqiang, known as the Nine-Fingered Devil, first tasted justice at 13. His father caught him stealing and cut off one of Zhang's fingers.

Twenty-five years later, in 2004, Zhang met retribution once more, after his conviction for double murder and rape. He was one of the first people put to death in China's new fleet of mobile execution chambers.

The country that executed more than four times as many convicts as the rest of the world combined last year is slowly phasing out public executions by firing squad in favor of lethal injections. Unlike the United States and Singapore, the only two other countries where death is administered by injection, China metes out capital punishment from specially equipped "death vans" that shuttle from town to town. End Quote:

1) Some of that footage is very clearly old footage. I'm speaking of the group execution outside to the back of their heads... clearly old footage.

2) wrongful executions are terrible in any case, so with that said... let's look at the wrongful executions that happen in the United States that we seldom hear about unless we look into it. People are executed in the United states all the time... let's not pretend that doesn't happen.

As for "death vans"... still way more humane than the electric chair, which is known for not always killing it's victim first time around... and if you want to talk heinous, let's talk about the gas chamber.

Yeah, I realize that old forms of execution are being phased out... but there are still electric chairs being used in multiple states and gas chambers are still in existence for death row inmates convicted in certain states if the conviction occurred before 92.

Pot doesn't need to be calling the kettle black.

and speaking of organ transplants... If you think people aren't left to die in American hospitals so that their organs can be transplanted, then you must think greed only exists on one side of the planet... and we all know that it happens.
edit on 2-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
OH China Pahlease!

You love our money and business's.

China if you don't like America that much why do you constantly steal from us?

If you bring claims like that, please bring your evidence with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Like this administration has anything to say about human rights.

You have the right to a drone strike.

We have the right to detain you without just cause.

You have the right to be spied upon by our NSA regardless of what country you live in.

Funny how these morons talk about human rights.

Are they even human?
edit on 2-8-2013 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Standing Ovation for you Diisenchanted,

What is significant I believe. this is a turning point. No longer can the United States stand as the poster child of Human rights.

We got told to butt out and mind our own business...We have dirty hands and the world is pointing that out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join