Let’s take for granted that what is considered supenormal, naturally exists and is attainable, although the path is hidden for any number of
This so called supernatural powers or siddhis according to wikipedia are:
• Aṇimā: reducing one's body even to the size of an atom
• Mahima: expanding one's body to an infinitely large size
• Garima: becoming infinitely heavy
• Laghima: becoming almost weightless
• Prāpti: having unrestricted access to all places
• Prākāmya: realizing whatever one desires
• Iṣṭva: possessing absolute lordship
• Vaśtva: the power to subjugate all
• tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future
• advandvam: tolerance of heat, cold and other dualities
• para citta ādi abhijñatā: knowing the minds of others and so on
• agni arka ambu viṣa ādīnām pratiṣṭambhaḥ: checking the influence of fire, sun, water, poison, and so on
• aparājayah: remaining unconquered by others
• anūrmi-mattvam: Being undisturbed by hunger, thirst, and other bodily appetites
• dūra-śravaṇa: Hearing things far away
• dūra-darśanam: Seeing things far away
• manaḥ-javah: Moving the body wherever thought goes (teleportation/astral projection)
• kāma-rūpam: Assuming any form desired
• para-kāya praveśanam: Entering the bodies of others
• sva-chanda mṛtyuh: Dying when one desires
• devānām saha krīḍā anudarśanam: Witnessing and participating in the pastimes of the gods
• yathā sańkalpa saḿsiddhiḥ: Perfect accomplishment of one's determination
• ājñā apratihatā gatiḥ: Orders or commands being unimpeded
Let’s assume that some of this powers are not at all so uncommon, and that one needs not to be a perfect siddhas to have some of listed abilities
naturally more prominent.
Prākāmya: realizing whatever one desires. Need not to go much farther than this very forum hosting an epic thread How the “law of attraction”
manaḥ-javah: Moving the body wherever thought goes (teleportation/astral projection) is not so exclusive as well. Thank’s to the Internet, one can
learn there are many people experiencing OOB (Out of body experience) and readily sharing their exsotic voyages with other travellers.
Prāpti: having unrestricted access to all places
tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future
Been ardent enthusiast of all things related to remote viewing [needless to say there are numerous topics on ATS] I can tell from what I’ve read ,
both siddhis stated above are involved in RV as a matter of factly.
The Ethics (?)
Recently I came across this little e-book, HERE
about making profitable predictions. It’s of course about remote viewing (must admit, I’m shiny (RV) object picker, can’t help myself). Not that
I didn’t question ethics of military RV before. But this time question of ethics is more personal.
Assume that one can easily apply psychic (or any other supernatural power) for material gain, which this e-book clearly implies and teaches “how
to”. You have the tools and off you go. Pick the right numbers and solve any financial issue you might have the easiest way possible.
Of course, I’ve tested the technique and believe me or not, it works.like a charm. Theoretically, I mean on the paper, at home. However, I can’t
make myself to really apply it to make a real gain. (Go out and actually buy a ticket) It’s like some latent psychological or ethical barrier is
present, between actual ability and making use of it.
Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s karmic (if you believe in kama). Maybe is something else. Like social conditioning, or something worse, that
effects human mind not to display it’s full powers.
This reminds me on many instances of self healing (why it doesn’t happen more often)? Why LOA (Law of attraction) seems to work on a minuscule
regularly, but does it work so well on biggies?
So, what do you think? Assuming all supernatural powers are granted, no obstacles whosoever. Can you imagine yourself with full blown powers, how
would it be?
Would this Earth be a better place if majority of population have fully developed powers? Or worse? More dangerous? Or less?
Did ever cross your mind that powers actually we do posses but are purposefully suppressed?
edit on 2-8-2013 by Douriff because: (no reason