It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Triangle shape near Orion space region.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaTommyJ
reply to post by Phage

Not to be a noodge here, but three points (minimum) also define a plane....

First time that my being a mechanical inspector has ever had value in conversation...

The way I see it in the 4th picture with the red triangle would be a triangular pyramid with the brightest star on the center being the top of it.

Concerning your post, could you please bring in more information about the relationship between 3 points and a plane ?

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sky-Map.com is a much better way to look at space than Google Sky. You can also try H-alpha and infrared overlays there, to see how gas and dust clouds are arranged in space.

In the location pointed out by the OP, I can see how gas clouds can be seen to (very vaguely) form a triangle, but there's no real triangle there. It's just a meeting of two different gas formations.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Thanks.
I had lost my link to skymap and couldn't remember what it was called.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Here's a full-length image of Orion:

Other sizes, including the original 2600 x 4008 image can be found here.

Enjoy!
edit on 3-8-2013 by Saint Exupery because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Sky-Map.com is a much better way to look at space than Google Sky. You can also try H-alpha and infrared overlays there, to see how gas and dust clouds are arranged in space.

In the location pointed out by the OP, I can see how gas clouds can be seen to (very vaguely) form a triangle, but there's no real triangle there. It's just a meeting of two different gas formations.

Another interesting tool I can use to map the sky and the constellation. Thank you for your contribution to the thread. I must note though that the constellation icon I am suppose to simply click to toggle it between on/off does not seem to work, can anybody confirm/infirm this?

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
I must note though that the constellation icon I am suppose to simply click to toggle it between on/off does not seem to work, can anybody confirm/infirm this?

Thruthseek3r

That button only works with the "SKY-MAP.ORG" overlay, the one below "Astro Photo Survey".

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
I must note though that the constellation icon I am suppose to simply click to toggle it between on/off does not seem to work, can anybody confirm/infirm this?

Thruthseek3r

That button only works with the "SKY-MAP.ORG" overlay, the one below "Astro Photo Survey".

Ok thanks, I noticed after a bit of research but thanks anyway for the quick reply.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join