It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Boy Finds Mummy in Attic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I doubt his Grandfather would have been able to smuggle a mummy back into his home country.

I really want it to be true, though.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It is quite obvious what has happened here.

Someone accidentally cut themselves repeatedly while shaving their entire body. In the course of feeling around for some scissors, to cut out some eye and mouth holes. They fell into a box, becoming trapped

Case solved.

At least the family saved on embalming costs. True hardcore DIY
edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Looks like something from a circus sideshow.

A quick X-ray will tell the story but i believe its a wrapped dummy from a circus sideshow.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Looks like they mummified Slenderman...

My guess is some long-ago German tourist and their tourist Deutschmarks got separated by a con man.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Looks like they mummified Slenderman...

My guess is some long-ago German tourist and their tourist Deutschmarks got separated by a con man.

Oh ye of little faith! lol

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm inclined to cry fake on this one too. I did a quick search for other examples of Egyptian sarophagi and found this page:

www.touregypt.net...

Comparing the styles of the boxes here to the one found in the OP, they're drastically different. The latest find is both too ornate to be of a commoner, and too simple to be of royalty. The inset on the sides of the box are something that I can't seem to find any other example of either.

Looking at the actual wrapping, I don't think I've seen latticed wrapping on any other bodies. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, with the condition of everything, assuming it is ancient, wouldn't a vaccuum be required to preserve it to this extent?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think they will find that this is his real 'mummy'...the father doing away with his wife, and hatching an elaborate story to deflect murder charges.

Å99

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Turns out that its plastic, although the Skull is a real skull.

Attic 'mummy' mystery solved - it's plastic

But tests carried out in Hamburg revealed it to be a plastic skeleton wrapped in rags, authorities said on Wednesday.
It was initially believed to be from North Africa and around 2,000 years old.
“The mummy was unwrapped and one could see relatively quickly that its contents were not ancient,” prosecutor Lutz Gaebel said.
The case was not initially solved by a computer scan because it was sprayed with an unknown substance. Investigators saw the bones but did not realize they were plastic.
The skull however is real. Gaebel said investigators believed the it had been used for educational purposes by medical students before being put with the plastic bones. It will go away for further tests, but apart from that the case is over, he admitted.

Well, there ya go

top topics

<< 1   >>

join