It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding Our Niche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
shawnlent.com...

Sometimes I will read something that I so connect with that I just have to comment on it. After reading the article "Am I a Dancer Who Gave Up?" by Shawn Lent. I was reminded how important it is for each of us to find our special niche in this world. I have been very introspective since reading it.

It seems to me the more flexible we are the more likely we will find it. We all pursue dreams along the way where some come true and others we have to discard. Finding our niche requires us to be brave explorers. The unknown land lies within us! There are always people along the way trying to sell us their vision and redirect us from our goals.

In my life, I have found myself in what I considered to be very comfortable niches, only to discover they were temporary. Not wrong but just temporary. Those moments of epiphany often stirred significant uncomfortableness. Cries of "what am I doing here" and "what do I do now?" "Change is the only thing that is permanent" became my nemesis.

I believe the success of our dreams lies within. When we find ourselves living our dreams for the benefit of others is when we can experience real fulfillment. Without the vision for others our dreams can become nightmares. When we reduce our dreams to just making money or to feel good about ourselves we depend on a fickle audience and a fickle market place.

I believe our dreams should help others to fulfill their dreams.When they do, we have found our niche!
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Hi Greyeagle hope you are well. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about niches. And the truth is i don't really have any at all. And to be honest for the time being that suits me fine. There's some things that i want to do, I simply cannot do them yet. The times not right. But i will do. I will fight to the end to get them and im sure one day i will get there. You have got to have dreams for sure. I had none until recently, Now i have again dreams, To chase and hopefully to hold. Keep fighting along with me, As i do with you

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Theres nothing better than a niche. Writers, musicians, painters, actors, all want there very own niche. I work insurance and I still haven't found my niche there.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I am glad to hear you are having dreams again. I feel like in my past I was too focused on broad expansive dreams for the future rather than those around me in the present. Sometimes I think I miss them because they seem so insignificant but when viewed in the context of time I see they fill in the bigger fabric of my life. It's kinda of like making a quilt where there are many pieces but all sewn with a common thread. The end result is our lives bring comfort to others. Our dreams can bring comfort to others. I think finding our niche is that thread. Peace to you my friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have so many interests that I have been unable to find anything resembling a niche. Maybe my problem is I have too many dreams and an unwillingness to limit my experiences in some way.

Also, I tend to stop doing things I enjoy when I am criticised. Terrible, I know.

top topics

join