It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundbreaking Investigation Reveals Monsanto Teamed Up With US Military; Targets Scientists,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by xuenchen

If the 'anti-GMO' crowd is 'lying' it's been difficult to prove as a whole.
Not really. All you have to do is track down what they are saying and check it out.

Their merits are convincing.
Not really. Not if you look at what they are saying with a critical eye and examine their claims.

There are a few legitimate concerns. I would put labeling at the top of that list. I'm not worried about eating GMOs, there are much worse thing that get into our food supply, but I think people should know what they are eating (no matter what it is). I also understand why labeling GMOs would be problematic.

Very well.

I think the pesticides may be the issue.

Poisons on plants must certainly get into the final product..... yes ?

I wonder if the labeling would include specific pesticides being listed along with known hazards ?

Pets could be affected as well.

My cats chomp down popcorn out of the bag like there's no tomorrow.
Maybe it's the MSG.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Regardless of how you feel about the situation the cold truth is that Biotechnology companies like Monsanto and Life Technologies are gonna be around for a long, LONG time to come. It is a fact of business that humanity will have to adjust too and ultimately accept. Our only other real choice is to
A). Outlaw all genetic modification.
Basically impossible, it is too important a resource to fully ignore and a very dangerous one to even consider.

Or
B) Destroy the world.
Sure its fun, but its a one shot deal.

Or
C.) Accept it, and hope we get super powers.
What do you say Phage? Wanna be a rock in the bicycle path of history?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Monsanto makes pesticides that are 'controversial'.
So do a lot of companies.

I'll ask again. Rhetorically...
Why does the anti-GMO crowd have to lie in order to support their cause if it's all so terrible? Do you think it's a good thing to do?

Is Mr. Putin's anti-GMO statement "lies" too?
edit on 2-8-2013 by Granite because: sp

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Dont you know, all anti GMO research ends up being called a lie
by Monsanto, the folks who brought us Agent Orange and its ensuing nightmare!

And now that Round Up has over a decade created glyphosate resistant
worms, beetles and weeds they want to start using another deadly chemical,
that is 2, 4-d not unlike Agent Orange itself!

Oh, rejoice we can have Agent Orange Corn!

Controversy flares over "Agent Orange corn"

The food industry is embroiled in a controversy over what critics call "Agent Orange corn."

The genetically-modified vegetable is protected from a herbicide that kills so-called super-weeds, but is linked to the notorious "Agent Orange" used in Vietnam.
www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 3-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You have to see that it's old hat by now right?
Worry about the Military and its human genetic tests to create enhanced soldiers.
Then realize that every major world power is doing the same.
They don't need to start at the bottom of the food chain to get you now, they are farther ahead of what you are so worried about then you seem to realize.
Enhanced Soldiers could be War Crime
Greenwall Report
edit on 2-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

One more thing to add.

How can we confirm that some 'anti-GMO' sources that make 'false claims' are not actually sponsored shills for companies like Monsanto.

False claims that are easily exposed may indicate complete stupidity, or may be written to show just that.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You can't, but you cannot stop progress either.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
You have to see that it's old hat by now right?

You may have been smoking on that pipe too long by now, what
is old hat is Monsanto and its corporate greed one way in nothing
good out crap. But hey, call in the Military, afterall, your going to
need it to force that garbage on everyone.

Superweeds, they are rampant everywhere thanks to Monsanto.

• Nearly half (49 percent) of all US farmers surveyed said they have glyphosate-resistant weeds on their farm in 2012, up from 34 percent of farmers in 2011.
• Resistance is still worst in the South. For example, 92 percent of growers in Georgia said they have glyphosate-resistant weeds.
• But the mid-South and Midwest states are catching up. From 2011 to 2012 the acres with resistance almost doubled in Nebraska, Iowa, and Indiana.
• It's spreading at a faster pace each year: Total resistant acres increased by 25 percent in 2011 and 51 percent in 2012.
• And the problem is getting more complicated. More and more farms have at least two resistant species on their farm. In 2010 that was just 12 percent of farms, but two short years later 27 percent had more than one.

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wouldn't be poetic justice to see a shiney new column of Russian tanks pulling into Monsanto HQ in Arkansas...with Mr Putin in the lead tank shelling the front door?

Nice one BTS!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
And while you are worrying about plants....
Genetically Modified Organisms

Stable expressions of human proteins have been developed in many animals, including sheep, pigs, and rats. Human-alpha-1-antitrypsin,[37] which has been tested in sheep and is used in treating humans with this deficiency and transgenic pigs with human-histo-compatibility have been studied in the hopes that the organs will be suitable for transplant with less chances of rejection.
Scientists have genetically engineered several organisms, including some mammals, to include green fluorescent protein (GFP) for medical research purposes (Chalfie, Shimoura, and Tsien were awarded the Nobel prize in 2008 for GFP[38]). For example fluorescent pigs have been bred in the US in 2000,[39] in Korea in 2002,[40] in Taiwan in 2006,[41] in China in 2008[42] and Japan in 2009.[43] These pigs were bred to study human organ transplants,[42] regenerating ocular photoreceptor cells,[44] neuronal cells in the brain,[44] regenerative medicine via stem cells,[45] tissue engineering,[43] and other diseases. In 2011 a Japanese-American Team created green-fluorescent cats in order to find therapies for HIV/AIDS and other diseases[46] as Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) is related to HIV.[47]
In 2009, scientists in Japan announced that they had successfully transferred a gene into a primate species (marmosets) and produced a stable line of breeding transgenic primates for the first time.[48][49] Their first research target for these marmosets was Parkinson's disease, but they were also considering Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Huntington's disease.[50]

They are already growing human body parts out of animals that you would keep as a pet, or keep on a farm.
This is just the stuff you can google or find on wikipedia.
Monsanto isn't your enemy.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

They are already growing human body parts out of animals that you would keep as a pet

Maybe things you would keep as a pet.
Go ahead, it warms my heart to know your eating your GMO, really it does.

As for the rest of us who think it is poison, we will be here to pioneer the
wasteland when Monsanto goes lights out.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Superweeds, they are rampant everywhere thanks to Monsanto.
Herbicide resistance started before glyphosate showed up and it is not exclusive to qyphosate.
www.sciencedirect.com...
www.jstor.org...
www.nrcresearchpress.com...

edit on 8/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Well, you know I think that many of the other nations have had enough
of the GMO shenanigans, crops that fail, promises that dont deliver,
farmer suicides and on and on...that is a travesty....but it feeds Monsatans
bottom line, profits profits!

Hey, call in the NSA, and the Military its a GMO resistance.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Go ahead, it warms my heart to know your eating your GMO, really it does.

Funny. So when the lies don't work you have to resort to funny pictures? I guess you know your audience. Will there be a cartoon soon?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Why is it the anti-GMO crowd has to lie?

Although I usually dislike this kind of attitude...

The anti-GMO crowd can make up about anything as long that it gets attention and that people get together and stop these mad psychopaths of getting even more control!!

At this point, it's not only the reliability of gmo's that are at stake, it's just not normal that a single entity should have control over the world's supply of food and mosancrap is clearly reaching for that goal.

I understand you're an objective person Phage but how can you defend, without exactitude of it's safety, gmo's which are pushed by a corporation that seems to be doing everything wrong for humankind?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
They are already making living batteries dude!!!

This is the first incidence of an implanted biofuel cell continuously operating in a snail and producing electrical power over a long period of time using the snail's physiologically produced glucose as a fuel.

Electric Snail

and the DoD wants Insect Cyborgs!

Research like this by Katz and other scientists is working toward a goal of creating insect cyborgs, an idea that has been funded by the U.S. Department of Defense.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

The anti-GMO crowd can make up about anything as long that it gets attention and that people get together and stop these mad psychopaths of getting even more control!!
Right. Keep the people ignorant and tell them lies. Good idea.

I understand you're an objective person Phage but how can you defend, without exactitude of it's safety, gmo's which are pushed by a corporation that seems to be doing everything wrong for humankind?

See. That's sort of the point. I'm not defending anything. Show me where I have said "No, no, no. You're wrong. Monsanto cares about each and every one of us!" I haven't and I won't.

What I am doing is pointing out the lies, distortions, bad science and ignorant statements. You may think differently about it but I don't think lies and ignorance are good for anyone. If you think that you can make a reasoned decision based on ignorance and lies, be my guest. It ain't for me.

it's just not normal that a single entity should have control over the world's supply of food and mosancrap is clearly reaching for that goal.
Fine. Go with that. Don't lie, don't distort, don't promote ignorance.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Keep the people ignorant and tell them lies. Good idea.

Hey, a new slogan for Monsanto!

Keep the people ignorant and tell them lies.

Monsanto!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join