It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partisan Threads are getting out of hand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can we do something about the rise in blatant partisan threads like these:

Conservative policies responsible for the 105 Child Prostitutes.

Secret tape reveals Republican strategy to sabotage Obama's remaining years.

"Conservative Policies are Driving Americans to Suicide…"

These are the top three I can think of off the top of my head. I've seen more from the right wing as well and they are starting to get irritating not to mention do nothing to further political discussion.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

These are the top three I can think of off the top of my head. I've seen more from the right wing as well and they are starting to get irritating not to mention do nothing to further political discussion.

geee its a good thing your not President,,,,....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm being serious here. I don't come to this site to bicker about left/right ideology. I come to this site to sift through the BS and read good discussions on a wide range of topics. Yet I see these threads popping up more frequently. Most of the time they are right wing threads, but it seems like the left wing posters have started some attack on the right wing so the three threads in the OP are all left leaning.

Two of the threads are in the Political Madness forum and the top stickied thread in the forum is this:
The Political Madness Forum Is Not For Partisan Debate!
edit on 2-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

*sigh*

They come in from both directions... they really do.

In the broader sense, you have a good point; polarization by politics in this day and age is utterly ridiculous.

But... then again, if anyone is denied the chance to speak, we had better be ready to be silnced ourselves. Personally, I prefer to allow anyone to speak and then, rest a little easier at night knowing that for now, we can ALL still do that.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The left takes jabs at the right and the right takes jabs at the left. If one is silenced and not the other that is not what the founding fathers spoke of. And thus we have a choice, do we silence ourselves or shall we speak in an open forum and debate the facts?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

I'm not trying to single out the left here. I've stated several times that people on the right are guilty of doing this too. I'm saying that none of these discussions belong here. There is a stickied thread in the Political Madness forum that clearly states that partisan debates aren't allowed in that forum.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Those are not the types of threads I tend to comment on but I think if they annoy you so much then maybe just ignore them? Noone is forcing you to read them.

Or whats wrong with good old fashioned debate? If you find what they say to be false then put forward a good argument and debate them

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I'm not trying to single out the left here. I've stated several times that people on the right are guilty of doing this too. I'm saying that none of these discussions belong here. There is a stickied thread in the Political Madness forum that clearly states that partisan debates aren't allowed in that forum.

But your singling out both sides in one swoop. Don't get me jaded, I understand where your coming from. I really do~

Per ATS:

US Political Madness: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration.

Correct me if I am wrong, which I've been known to be. I don't see the word "Partisan" in the description. I do however see Political Ideology which all 3 that you provided, for me would fall under.

Yes? No? (Please circle one)
edit on 2-8-2013 by sulaw because: I forgot a comma

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
I'm saying that none of these discussions belong here.

That notion is rather ill-advised.

We, ATS Members, Must Focus On Politics

As people who claim to be concerned about conspiracy theories, we cannot and should not avoid politics.

While it might be reaching to say every conspiracy discussed on ATS has its roots in politics in one way or another, it's safe to say more than 98% do.

We (conspiracy-minded people) cannot research or discuss conspiracy theories effectively without a solid knowledge of the political influences involved. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the conspiracists who shy away from politics will end up presenting incomplete theories, errant analysis, and short-sighted speculation.

The contemporary malevolent political war gridlocking the US (and spilling over into international politics) is one of the largest broadest-reaching conspiracies of our time. The war of ideologies is distracting an entire nation while some of the largest issues ever encountered are disregarded, and some of the most nefarious new policies slip in unnoticed. We are witnessing a bitter apex to a long war of political doctrines, and who better to help others understand the situation than us?

To ignore the political divide now, is to put one's head in the sand and hope for the best.

new topics

top topics

join